Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: 1.2.2h Released - Animation Overhaul, Supply System Changes, New Models and more!

Senator

Default Re: Beta Test 1.2.2h - Animation Overhaul, Supply System Changes, New Models and more!

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    Royal Peltasts are normal infantry, they are in fact guard heavy infantry. They are not even in the ranged infantry category ;P

It will be for all ranged infantry, from levy bows to regular peltasts. They will still ve useful, just melt down quickly if facing against cav or frontally vs heavy infantry.
    This is a very good decision. Infantry out of close order should suffer from cavalry. And peltasts were not meant to hold the battle line. Could you also decrease heavy peltast armor?

Default Re: Beta Test 1.2.2h - Animation Overhaul, Supply System Changes, New Models and more!

I've an odd issue that looks like It started after using the new beta patch. Most other factions stopped expanding (although still declaring war and peace). Playing as a Persian faction, I've Bactra as a Client State but they have literally no army, just a single general. They have been left alone for 10 turns but are not building an army.

I've sent scouts to the Seleucids and the varying factions they are at war with, but I'm only finding small stacks of armies. I've spent a few turns searching for stacks on neighbouring warring factions but not able to find much. Anyone else sharing this issue? It might be population related actually: seleucids been at war since the start, I'm 133 turns in, might be population burnout?

Any ETA on archer, slinger fix? Most soldiers in those units just stand and dance while couple of them shoot barely. There is no red arrow which indicates line of sight break or anything like that. They just stand there doing nothing. Fast forwarded 15min and 76-90% of the ammo left when it should all been used.

Archers -----> Enemy

Terrain is flat, 190/200 men stand and dance while the last 10 are shooting. 190 of them take bow in their hand, aim and then animation resets.

I assume its there so the sunday gamers wont shoot accidentally their own units or something? Or is this because of the borked soldier line of sight CA introduced in Rome 2 or whats the matter? I know its not DEI team fault, but maybe you know something ?

If so what values i need to change for archers to ignore possible friendly fire?
    Last edited by Jin-; February 20, 2018 at 10:47 AM.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Jin- View Post
    Any ETA on archer, slinger fix? Most soldiers in those units just stand and dance while couple of them shoot barely. There is no red arrow which indicates line of sight break or anything like that. They just stand there doing nothing. Fast forwarded 15min and 76-90% of the ammo left when it should all been used.

Archers -----> Enemy

Terrain is flat, 190/200 men stand and dance while the last 10 are shooting. 190 of them take bow in their hand, aim and then animation resets.

I assume its there so the sunday gamers wont shoot accidentally their own units or something? Or is this because of the borked soldier line of sight CA introduced in Rome 2 or whats the matter? I know its not DEI team fault, but maybe you know something ?

If so what values i need to change for archers to ignore possible friendly fire?
    Ι know KAM is preparing a new fixpack but I'm not sure about the specific fix. I'll ask him though.

Will the team give the thorakitai thracian units more armor variety? All the models in these units have the same vanilla celtic armor. Namely the Thrakioi Thorakitai Rhomphaiaiphoroi(Late), the Thorakitai Doriphoroi and the Pezoi.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Jin- View Post

Archers -----> Enemy

As long as no allied units are in the way, entire unit is active both for me and AI.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

As long as no allied units are in the way, entire unit is active both for me and AI.
    Anyway to disable that? So they shoot like in the older TW games? Sometimes i want to use weak units or ally units as meatshields

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

You would need to change the angle of fire so they will shot into the sun and arrows will fly down, which is actually easy to do but...it also will make them super OP as it seems to deal much more damage this way and causses issues when target is too close or too high.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

You would need to change the angle of fire so they will shot into the sun and arrows will fly down, which is actually easy to do but...it also will make them super OP as it seems to deal much more damage this way and causses issues when target is too close or too high.
    Now i get the feeling we have been talking about this years ago . Rome 2 is old lol

Small update
    - Fixed unuseable building slot in IA Numidia region (new campaign only)
    - Re-added Orthia temple for Sparta built off of tier 4 Artemis temple.
    - Fixed Dumnonii emergent faction banner missing icon.
    - Fixed IA Iceni having vanilla factional mercenaries (new campaign only)
    - Fixed Iceni slinger-spearmen unit missing Stamina ability.
    - Ranged infantry hp lowered by 5.
    - Ranged cavalry now show charge bonus in their UI
    - Unarmoured and assault infantry speed slightly increased.
    - Fixed some wrong stats/animation assignments.
    Last edited by Dresden; February 21, 2018 at 06:00 PM.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Tx Dresden

Nordling's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Small update
    - Fixed unuseable building slot in IA Numidia region (new campaign only)
    - Re-added Orthia temple for Sparta built off of tier 4 Artemis temple.
    - Fixed Dumnonii emergent faction banner missing icon.
    - Fixed IA Iceni having vanilla factional mercenaries (new campaign only)
    - Fixed Iceni slinger-spearmen unit missing Stamina ability.
    - Ranged infantry hp lowered by 5.
    - Ranged cavalry now show charge bonus in their UI
    - Unarmoured and assault infantry speed slightly increased.
    - Fixed some wrong stats/animation assignments.
    Nice tweaks

Guys I just found out this mod on Steam and ran some tests. Whichever author of mod did it gives way more kill animations than we currently have in DEI. Maybe you can look at it just to see what he added? Battles seemed to be a bit longer but in terms of infantry balance I did not see much of a changes from DEI at this point. Thanks.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...81&searchtext=

The guy leaping up to come down with his axe is going to have a bad day. Once you are in he air like that, he lost his ability to maneuver against that spear. Very cool and very foolish. I'm sure many foolish things like this actually happened. Thanks for the link.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Vardano View Post
    Guys I just found out this mod on Steam and ran some tests. Whichever author of mod did it gives way more kill animations than we currently have in DEI. Maybe you can look at it just to see what he added? Battles seemed to be a bit longer but in terms of infantry balance I did not see much of a changes from DEI at this point. Thanks.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...81&searchtext=
    Nah. We already have some solid base for animations and we'll pretty much prefer to adjust things ourselves. It's much simpler.

The game freeze during battle in some instance after initial clash, I've counted 3 instances with roman imperial infantry and syracusan late infantry, numidian peltasts. Also what's the point of supply depots in numidian campain since they are not using supply lines ?? they are acting like nomadic faction in my campain. I'm not using any submod if that's matter

Quote Originally Posted by Greek strategos View Post
    Nah. We already have some solid base for animations and we'll pretty much prefer to adjust things ourselves. It's much simpler.
    Should I say you do a great job? You do. What I was trying to say maybe this mod could give an idea how to have more variety of kill animations because currently it has.

They are going to add more variety, they want to finalize the new battle system first before adding more animations.

Quote Originally Posted by MAM3166 View Post
    The game freeze during battle in some instance after initial clash, I've counted 3 instances with roman imperial infantry and syracusan late infantry, numidian peltasts. Also what's the point of supply depots in numidian campain since they are not using supply lines ?? they are acting like nomadic faction in my campain. I'm not using any submod if that's matter
    Thanks for the report. I cant seem to get battle crashes but some others have also reported some, its confusing as to what may be causing it.

In terms of the supply depots, the supply line effects wont work but the others will.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Thanks for the report. I cant seem to get battle crashes but some others have also reported some, its confusing as to what may be causing it.

In terms of the supply depots, the supply line effects wont work but the others will.
    i getting mass crashes during level 3 city sieges, me as either side