Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: 1.2.2h Released - Animation Overhaul, Supply System Changes, New Models and more!

Default Re: Beta Test 1.2.2h - Animation Overhaul, Supply System Changes, New Models and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Falco View Post
    It means they now wave the standard and encourage their unit, instead of lowering it and using it for a weapon, lol.
    Yes i understand the role of the Standard bearer, but like i said it makes more sense for them to encourage from the back( especially if they have no weapon to defend themselves ). At the moment they last a few minutes at best and then are killed, surely thats a morale killer for the rest of the unit?

Default Re: Beta Test 1.2.2h - Animation Overhaul, Supply System Changes, New Models and more!

Unfortunatly it is random, and the centurion and standard bearers die often from being in front row. Better this way leading from the front rather than hiding at the back like cowards. Doubt centurions were supposed to do that...

The new animations just effect his look in combat, not survival chances really, they are the same as before.

Quote Originally Posted by FrontierWolf View Post
    Yes i understand the role of the Standard bearer, but like i said it makes more sense for them to encourage from the back( especially if they have no weapon to defend themselves ). At the moment they last a few minutes at best and then are killed, surely thats a morale killer for the rest of the unit?
    One question though "Custom standard bearer animation for all factions", what does it mean??

Sorry, was just answering your question.

Quote Originally Posted by spiderknight View Post
    i get a ctd everytime i select the pack...do i run it by itself or with the main mod? can i run other mods?
    Run it in addition to DeI 1.2.2g.

Quote Originally Posted by Falco View Post
    Sorry, was just answering your question.
    There's no need to apologise, i wasn't having a go at you, maybe i could have reworded my reply better.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Standard bearers and officers always stand on the front since the engine enforces it. Only when phalanx or testudo is activated they move back because that is how CA coded it. But like Diego said, they would be mostly in the front anyway, especially in Roman and Greek armies.
    Last edited by KAM 2150; February 03, 2018 at 04:45 PM.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    Standard bearers would be mostly in the front anyway, especially in Roman and Greek armies.
    Greeks had standards and symbols on their shields. Do we know if they actually used standard bearers like Romans did?

Standard bearers and officers always stand on the front since the engine enforces it. Only when phalanx or testudo is activated they move back because that is how CA coded it. But like Diego said, they would be mostly in the front anyway, especially in Roman and Greek armies.
    Oh ok, i hadn't noticed the Signifers dying so quickly before and i just thought it was a bit strange as they are the units rallying point after all. Thanks for the explanation guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Diego View Post
    Unfortunatly it is random, and the centurion and standard bearers die often from being in front row. Better this way leading from the front rather than hiding at the back like cowards. Doubt centurions were supposed to do that...

The new animations just effect his look in combat, not survival chances really, they are the same as before.
    Just a comment about this: officers leading units like this did historically have the highest casualty rates exactly because they had to lead from the front, in many periods of history anyway, so it does make a certain amount of sense.

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by priam54 View Post
    Greeks had standards and symbols on their shields. Do we know if they actually used standard bearers like Romans did?
    Diadochi armies did.

https://legioilynx.com/2012/02/28/st...roman-legions/
    Outside of battle, signifers were in charge of the legionaries’ pensions, meaning they had clerk-type work that would be done indoors. Matyszak suggests that putting the pension in the hands of the standard-bearer was beneficial because the legionaries would fight all the harder to protect him during battle.
    WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by u811515 View Post
    Lol, theres alot of funny things about antiquity.

Couldn't you tie a morale penalty into losing your baggage train unit? Make it static on the battlefield to simulate camp? Maybe throw a Commander's tent type model on it from the fort tables. Just a thought. I like the idea of raiding the camp. Historically this was a decisive factor.

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Quote Originally Posted by tullyccro View Post
    Make it static on the battlefield to simulate camp? Maybe throw a Commander's tent type model on it from the fort tables. Just a thought. I like the idea of raiding the camp. Historically this was a decisive factor.
    Ooh good ideas, time to steal them for my own mods =P

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by spiderknight View Post
    i get a ctd everytime i select the pack...do i run it by itself or with the main mod? can i run other mods?
    You must have patch 18, base DeI and this beta patch to get it to work. What other mods do you have in mind? For example our official battle submods are not compatible with beta patch as they will get and update once this gets official release.

You must have patch 18, base DeI and this beta patch to get it to work. What other mods do you have in mind? For example our official battle submods are not compatible with beta patch as they will get and update once this gets official release.
    KAM? Did pikes get an update with this beta?

Patrician

No. They were not supposed to get any.

Quote Originally Posted by tullyccro View Post
    Couldn't you tie a morale penalty into losing your baggage train unit? Make it static on the battlefield to simulate camp? Maybe throw a Commander's tent type model on it from the fort tables. Just a thought. I like the idea of raiding the camp. Historically this was a decisive factor.
    Yeah as I suggested on the previous page, though, I think the units concerned should have to leave the map. Essentially you are removing units from the battlefield by moving on to the enemy camp.

I doubt the AI would ever know how to use this...

If you made baggage train a static unit, like the non-movable artillary, then the AI wouldnt have to know how to use it. It would just be positioned and never move haha.

The only "using" of it would be the first initial placement of it. And they arent going to throw it randomly out away from other units. Most likely would position it at the back like regular artillary.

OR

Make the baggage train have like... 1 or 2 scorpion guns in it..... then it will get positioned in the back, and when it runs out of ammo, its done. But then make it look like a small camp or something... like he said above, with a little commander tent or something, protected by 1-2 scorpion turrets.

If you can do this, problem solved.

Ull always have a base-camp to fall back on. And it can replenish ammo. Just as long as it cant replenish itself. Or if it has a limit. Easy. Do it.

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

A question if I may. I have two official submods installed, 12 turns per year and hard core. Are these compatible with the beta?

Cheers,

~Wille
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.