Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Lands to Conquer v2.0 Bugs

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

Default Lands to Conquer v2.0 Bugs

Please report any bugs you find in LTC 2.0 here.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

Default Re: Lands to Conquer v2.0 Bugs

I don't know if this is considered a bug, but I get vanilla MTW2 when I start up LTC from the shortcut. I can see that the LTC folders are in the MTW2 folder, but when I start the game it's all vanilla, and I can only select 5 factions and in the descr_strat over 10-15 should be available.
    Could anyone please help me on this one?
    Thanks

The Fourth Age: Total War - Map Manager, Editor and Coder

Black Francis's Avatar -IN-NOMINE-XPI-VINCAS-

Lusted, there is still the "bug" with the settings not saving. I know to change the landstoconquer.cfg file by hand but others do not. Maybe you should mention this in the readme.

IN-HOC-SIGNO-VINCES

Make sure you run the mod using the Lands to Conquer v2.0 shortcut on the desktop. Also there are issues with installing the mod on the steam version of the game.
    Lusted, there is still the "bug" with the settings not saving. I know to change the landstoconquer.cfg file by hand but others do not. Maybe you should mention this in the readme.
    I don't know what causes this, but make sure you have not set your main .cfg to read only, otherwise the landstoconquer.cfg will be read only as well which doesn't allow for any changes.
    Creator of:
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.

Quote Originally Posted by Lusted View Post
    I don't know what causes this, but make sure you have not set your main .cfg to read only, otherwise the landstoconquer.cfg will be read only as well which doesn't allow for any changes.
    Oh well, my Medieval cfg is not set to read-only. Somebody will one day figure it out.

I have played about 50 turns as the French and it is great so far. The only problem is... and I hate to say it... my cities are expanding way too fast. This is without chivalrous generals and with only the first level of farming (land clearance).

I have only enough time to build one or two buildings other than a "happiness/health" building at each city level.

I have taxes set to v high but the pop growth is still way too high.
    Last edited by Black Francis; January 08, 2007 at 11:40 AM.

IN-HOC-SIGNO-VINCES

Hmm looks like i increased the population groth a bit too much from 1.21, its bloody difficult to balance that.
    Creator of:

The Turskish military academies (which produce jannissaries) have "DO NOT TRANSLATE, SHOULD NOT APPEAR INGAME" as description.

Arksa's Avatar Centenarius

i try to get ceasefire with sicily (pope asked for cease hostilities), my offer of ceacefire is very generous: "how could you ask such a thing, NEVER!"
    it doesn't make sence.
    + cities go big, fast.

Is it okey to talk in here?

About population growth, what should I change (file/files, line/lines) and what value do you recommend?

UPDATE: I re-downloaded 1.21 and compared descr_settlement_mechanics.xml. I have no real idea what it does to the growth, but I changed the following to values in-between the two versions (that's the numbers you see):
    Code:
          <factor name="SPF_TRADE">
             <pip_modifier value="0.62"/>

-

<factor name="SPF_SQUALOUR">
    [...]
             <pip_max value="80"/>

-

<factor name="SOF_SQUALOUR">
    [...]
             <pip_max value="85"/>
    Ready to start a new campaign.
    Last edited by Namm; January 08, 2007 at 01:12 PM.

Hmm looks like i increased the population groth a bit too much from 1.21, its bloody difficult to balance that.
    Pop growth is always a bugger to get right in TW games. At least in Rome I felt totally justified in crucifying the population of a whole town if they rebelled... now I am playing as a Christian King I feel the extermination of my subjects is a bit much really (unless they are heretics or infidels in which case they deserve it).

I believe that pop growth should almost be at a standstill (1-0.5) in a basic settlement with no farming modifiers and a high tax rate.

It should be up to the player to encourage pop growth through improving farming tech and even by lowering taxes... as in reality.

Very high taxes should almost stop growth.
    Last edited by Black Francis; January 08, 2007 at 12:06 PM.

IN-HOC-SIGNO-VINCES

I don't know if this is a bug or feature - Byz Vardariotai are moved to highest lvl stables (in citadel), where before, u could recruit them from castle, or, AFAIR, castle or fortress lvl stables. IMHO, this seriously punishes early-game Byzantines. Considering unit recruitment progression, i think it would be fair to give them to fortress lvl stables.

Author of the ---== Knights Templar Mod ==---
    Creator of the ---== Lord Calidor's Weapon Pack 1 ==---
    Member of the ---== Dominion of the Sword ==--- and ---== C.B.U.R.P ==---

I don't know if this is a bug or feature - Byz Vardariotai are moved to highest lvl stables (in citadel), where before, u could recruit them from castle, or, AFAIR, castle or fortress lvl stables. IMHO, this seriously punishes early-game Byzantines. Considering unit recruitment progression, i think it would be fair to give them to fortress lvl stables.
    Varadiotai are one of the best cav units in the game, early campaign Byzantine players can still produce Byzantine Cavalry, Skythion and Byzantine Lancers, all good cav units.
    I believe that pop growth should almost be at a standstill (1-0.5) in a basic settlement with no farming modifiers and a high tax rate.
    Impossible to do, all i can try and do is slow it down so cities grow slower without growing too slow.
    Creator of:

Varadiotai are one of the best cav units in the game, early campaign Byzantine players can still produce Byzantine Cavalry, Skythion and Byzantine Lancers, all good cav units.
    Ah, I see, so it's intentional, balancing decision? I might give it a try, nevetheless.

Author of the ---== Knights Templar Mod ==---
    Creator of the ---== Lord Calidor's Weapon Pack 1 ==---
    Member of the ---== Dominion of the Sword ==--- and ---== C.B.U.R.P ==---

Ah, I see, so it's intentional, balancing decision? I might give it a try, nevetheless.
    Yes, the Byzantines can still recruit decent cav, and they get Kataphraktoi pretty early, so i left their best HA unit to the highest tier of stables.
    Creator of:

Should the default value be 80 for the starting_action_points in descr_character? Movement was restricted for all units untill I changed this value more in line with e.g. the spy value.

Also editing of descr_character has no effect e.g. to test removed the command +1 value from smart trait, milan starting general with this trait still had this with the other two advantages. Is this file registering or is there something else I need to modify to for this take effect?

Should the default value be 80 for the starting_action_points in descr_character? Movement was restricted for all units untill I changed this value more in line with e.g. the spy value.
    Units are meant to move less than spies in a turn, all generals and captains have their movement set to 120, spys to 160. So not much difference.
    Creator of:

Lusted, what file do I need to change to reduce pop growth? I want to lower it so I can get on with a campaign.

descr_settlement_mechanics.xml?

IN-HOC-SIGNO-VINCES

Use this file i just tweaked, should have the lower population growth you need

Place the descr_settlement_mechanics.xml in the landstoconquer\data folder.
    Last edited by Lusted; August 31, 2007 at 06:01 PM.
    Creator of:

Brilliant!

Thanks Lusted... Ill try it out once I've gone and got some milk...

IN-HOC-SIGNO-VINCES

Hey Lusted, wanna say that you have a great mod here.

Theres one bug thats killing me though... Whenever I use ladders, the units initially go up all four, but about 10 seconds later, they start only using one of the ladders. They all form a semi-circle around one and just ignore the other 3. Makes it kinda difficult to scale a wall when they all wait their turn to go up one ladder.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast