Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: [SUB-MOD] Portrait Enhancement Pack **Ar-Adunaim RELEASE**

Default Re: [SUB-MOD Preview] Portrait Enhancement Pack

More Dwarves they shall fear the sight of our beards; Baruk Khazad, Khazad Ai Menu, Khazukit Khazad-a Haat
    Supreme Commander of the Galactic Federation, Emperor of the Virtupets Empire, Star King
    Certified Genius
    M L I G: Mandy Luxe is the Greatest
    Erasiel Darkar is OP! Never will be nerfed! He is Winx

So, I am done with the Elves. I made 120 new portraits, plus some custom ones and a bunch of diplomants. I removed 13 vanilla portraits, some were of bad quality and others just made use of pictures of the same subject taken from different angles. And I even done some more Dwarves, probably the last ones (150 dwarves portraits have been made so far).
    I also would have liked to change the Erebor's family tree dead portraits, but unfortunately they are not custom, they use portraits from the dwarven generic folder.
    In the next weeks I am going to work on the Northmen and Gondor, I have already done a good amount of them a bunch of months ago so I am already well on the way to complete both of them in the next few weeks.

Elven Generals

Elven Custom Generals
    At the moment one of the Lindon general (Taurion) doesn't actually have a custom folder, it uses a portrait from the elven generic folder.

|---------------LINDON-------------|IMLADRIS|DORWINION|

Elven Diplomants

Dwarven Generals

Dwarven Custom Generals

|-------Ered Luin------|

Dwarven Diplomant (I made one more of them beacuse why not)

Great portraits!

Very Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by bushmonster951 View Post
    Great portraits!
    Thanks! Elves definetely have been the most challenging ones.

Tal-In-Galumir's Avatar Libertus

Great job! The portraits keep getting better and better. On a sidenote: Is that Tom Hiddelston's Loki on the second row from the bottom within the elven portraits? XD

Quote Originally Posted by Tal-In-Galumir View Post
    Great job! The portraits keep getting better and better. On a sidenote: Is that Tom Hiddelston's Loki on the second row from the bottom within the elven portraits? XD
    Yes it's him, you have a good eye. I didn't even edit the picture myself, unlike many other ones. He was already disguised in that way when I found the image and I honestly didn't expect that it would have been so noticeable, shall I replace it?

Tal-In-Galumir's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Naras View Post
    Yes it's him, you have a good eye. I didn't even edit the picture myself, unlike many other ones. He was already disguised in that way when I found the image and I honestly didn't expect that it would have been so noticeable, shall I replace it?
    Nono, I quite like it. Would be a nice little easter egg having him join your factio. Keep it I say.

waswar's Avatar Libertus

These are quite beautiful! Excellent!

These look amazing! Well Done!

Decanus

Is the first elven diplomat Stephen Colbert?

Quote Originally Posted by darnokthemage View Post
    Is the first elven diplomat Stephen Colbert?
    Stephen who?

No, seriously... I had to google his name because I didn't have the slightest idea of who the guy was.

This is the original source btw:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

And you reminded me that I forgot to credit Araval; a bunch of the above portraits have been created thanks to his research material.

But his ears are not pointy...

Quote Originally Posted by Hirundo View Post
    But his ears are not pointy...
    Problem solved

Problem solved
    Perfect!

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

well done+rep
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Celtic Magister's Avatar Miles

What is your technique for portrait making? If you care to reveal it. It seems very quick and efficient.
    ---Unit Modelers and battle map creators wanted!--- Discord: https://discord.gg/7qwdgr4

Quote Originally Posted by Arthalion View Post
    very nice !
    Thanks! You made a amazing job with those Lindon units btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic Magister View Post
    What is your technique for portrait making? If you care to reveal it. It seems very quick and efficient.
    Well, I don't think there is any particular secret to reveal; the avarage Photoshop user can easly carry out this work, it's relatively simple. Honestly, I do not follow any particular method, every image is different. I just try to adapt it the best way I can, and so I always find myself using different approaches every time.

Generally speaking, some portraits are easier because you just need to mask them and make some tones and shadows adjustments, while other ones are a bit more complicated; some were women for example, others didn't originally resemble Dwarves or Elves at all. I have to work on noses, eyes, mouths, eyebrows, face shape, prospective, hair etc. A lot of portraits are a mixture of different images. For example, many armored ones have been created from scratch, I take parts of armors and helmets from different pics, and then I adjust and put them together.

Technically I would be able to create an unlimited number of portraits, but they would start to look quite all alike after a while XD
    Human factions will be easier in these regard, cause more material can be found and they need way less modifications. On the other hand they will require an old version so they will still be a hassle in any case.
    The quickness simply comes from experience. I was wasting a lot of time in minor details when I started, the more I do the faster I get.

Anyway, if you have any more specific questions I would be more than glad to answer.

Celtic Magister's Avatar Miles

Well, I don't think there is any particular secret to reveal; the avarage Photoshop user can easly carry out this work, it's relatively simple. Honestly, I do not follow any particular method, every image is different. I just try to adapt it the best way I can, and so I always find myself using different approaches every time.

Generally speaking, some portraits are easier because you just need to mask them and make some tones and shadows adjustments, while other ones are a bit more complicated; some were women for example, others didn't originally resemble Dwarves or Elves at all. I have to work on noses, eyes, mouths, eyebrows, face shape, prospective, hair etc. A lot of portraits are a mixture of different images. For example, many armored ones have been created from scratch, I take parts of armors and helmets from different pics, and then I adjust and put them together.

Technically I would be able to create an unlimited number of portraits, but they would start to look quite all alike after a while XD
    Human factions will be easier in these regard, cause more material can be found and they need way less modifications. On the other hand they will require an old version so they will still be a hassle in any case.
    The quickness simply comes from experience. I was wasting a lot of time in minor details when I started, the more I do the faster I get.

Anyway, if you have any more specific questions I would be more than glad to answer.
    Thank you for answering. Mixing different images was not an idea I conceived of initially in my own portrait editing endeavors. It sounds like you have the armor pieces in separate images which can be accessed and mixed and match to make unique portraits, which is a good idea and seems to work well so long as lighting is adjusted.

If I might give you a few tips on the old versions for humans when you get there; you can tone down the opacity of the pencil tool and use a dark-brownish red color to imitate wrinkles. I noticed TATW did that with most of it's old portraits. You can also tone down the opacity of the clone tool and clone darker textures onto different parts of the face.
    ---Unit Modelers and battle map creators wanted!--- Discord: https://discord.gg/7qwdgr4