Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: [SUB-MOD] Portrait Enhancement Pack **Ar-Adunaim RELEASE**

Svir@c's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: [SUB-MOD Preview] Portrait Enhancement Pack

Nice job mate! They all look perfect, dwarfish and elfish! By the way is that one elf-general Michael Fassbender (third row up from bottom, third picture from left) or I miss something
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    -Come not between the Nazgúl and his prey!- J.R.R.Tolkien, The Battle of the Pelennor Fields, The Return of the King

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic Magister View Post
    Thank you for answering. Mixing different images was not an idea I conceived of initially in my own portrait editing endeavors. It sounds like you have the armor pieces in separate images which can be accessed and mixed and match to make unique portraits, which is a good idea and seems to work well so long as lighting is adjusted.

If I might give you a few tips on the old versions for humans when you get there; you can tone down the opacity of the pencil tool and use a dark-brownish red color to imitate wrinkles. I noticed TATW did that with most of it's old portraits. You can also tone down the opacity of the clone tool and clone darker textures onto different parts of the face.
    I have been using another method for the old versions, it's faster and it makes the portraits look way more natural. It consists in overlapping an old person face with the portrait in question and set the opacity between 20/30%. Than clean with the eraser the areas around the nose, the eyes, the mouth and the face edges to preserve the portrait distinctive traits. As l final step you adjust tints, tones and shades.
    You can even use this method when you want to enhance the quality of a new portrait (i.e. a dwarf that doesn't look enough dwarvish or an elf who is originally a female). You select a face from a portrait you already made or from other sources, and you follow the same method as above. But this time you don't erase anything (aside from the parts that leak out of the face) and set the opacity around 60/80%, depending on the situation.
    Don't forget that when you blend two images together you have to make sure that both faces are exactly from the same angle and to perfectly line up eyes, nose and lips, otherwise the final result is going to suck big time XD

Quote Originally Posted by Svir@c View Post
    Nice job mate! They all look perfect, dwarfish and elfish! By the way is that one elf-general Michael Fassbender (third row up from bottom, third picture from left) or I miss something
    mmh I really don't know. I have been looking to so many images in the last period that I quite forgot where many portraits come from.

Svir@c's Avatar Libertus

Ahhh ... Don't mind they are superb, astonishing! Again, well done.
    But it is interesting finding "familiar" faces ...
    -Come not between the Nazgúl and his prey!- J.R.R.Tolkien, The Battle of the Pelennor Fields, The Return of the King

Here we are with a new update, just in time for the v2.0 I made some Northern Dunedain that with the new DaC version they will have their own unique portraits. Black Numenorean, the Wildmen, Bree-land and Vale of Anduin will have their own personal portraits too, I will work on them in the coming moths). I even made some new custom portraits and replaced some other ones. In the next weeks I am going to complete the Northmen and Gondor which i had to put aside to complete the Dunedain.

Northern Dunedain Generals
    Many thanks to Netheriel who helped me with the creation of many dunedain portraits and with the research material. I have the intention to create more of them in the future btw.

ND Faction Leader and Custom Generals

Khand Script v2.0
    Blue Wizards and Mordor Inquisitor

Erebor and Ered Luin Faction Leaders

Gandalf(Grey/White) - Gimli - Legolas

Captains/Admirals
    I've just made the Dunedain and Lindon ones but I am going to create still missing unique captains for every other faction in the future.

Others (they are replacements of discharged portraits)

Very nice work!

It seems I have typed this a lot lately. The quality of work done by all the modders lately has been top notch. Thank you all.

I was very happy when I discover the way to create unique portraits for every combinations of religion and culture (thanks to Gigantus).
    And I was even happier when I discover the amazing Naras' work. I'm very glad to been able to help and support him from there.

He really deserve our appreciation.

Celtic Magister's Avatar Miles

These will be an incredible addition to the mod once these portraits are released, and especially that there will be Black Numenorean and Northern Dunedain portraits!
    Keep it up Naras; you're really doing a great job.

@MikeGolf, I couldn't have said it better myself. It's also nice to see that the team appreciates these high-quality submods.
    ---Unit Modelers and battle map creators wanted!--- Discord: https://discord.gg/7qwdgr4

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

These will be an incredible addition to the mod once these portraits are released, and especially that there will be Black Numenorean and Northern Dunedain portraits!
    Keep it up Naras; you're really doing a great job.

@MikeGolf, I couldn't have said it better myself. It's also nice to see that the team appreciates these high-quality submods.
    thirdied that
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Oh... abouth the Black Numenorean, here are the Faction Leader and the Heir. I have forgotten to post them earlier cause I made them some time ago. If you guys have been following Galu's Ar-Adunaim campaign on youtube you should have already caught a glimpse of them.

Are these pics included in v2?
    Looks great

Celtic Magister's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Naras View Post
    Oh... abouth the Black Numenorean, here are the Faction Leader and the Heir. I have forgotten to post them earlier cause I made them some time ago. If you guys have been following Galu's Ar-Adunaim campaign on youtube you should have already caught a glimpse of them.

They've apparently found a way to make the Ar-Adunaim factions have unique portraits across the whole faction. It's done by adding a religious prefix, if you will, to the generals folder, which would allow for you to make more Black Numenorean portraits, which would then be completely unique from Gondor's.
    ---Unit Modelers and battle map creators wanted!--- Discord: https://discord.gg/7qwdgr4

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Nice work with those portraits people, well done!

Quote Originally Posted by Käpt'n Blaubär View Post
    Are these pics included in v2?
    Looks great
    Yes, all the portraits I made so far are included.

Quote Originally Posted by paleologos View Post
    Nice work with those portraits people, well done!
    Thank you XD

I am done with the Northmen. These are just for Rohan, Dorwinion and Dale while Bree-land will have their own specific portraits. Gondor portraits are the next on the list, they will be ready in a bunch of weeks.

Northmen Generals

Northmen Custom Generals
    -Rohan Faction Leader and generals
    -Dale Faction Leader
    -Dorwinion General

Remade Custom Generals
    - Dain was a bit modified cause I didn't like the previous one
    - Halbarad's general unit model has blonde hair so i made a new one accordingly
    - the other ND general leads a rangers unit so I found the original image of the current portrait and I made a better quality one.

Other Custom Generals

Various Diplomats
    -Northmen diplomats will be used, with different backgrounds, even for the Wildmen, VoA and Bree.

Northmen Captains/Admirals

Minor Issue
    I noticed that, on the campaign's faction selection menu, Erebor is using the same image of my Ered Luin's Faction Leader portrait. So, I decided to change that picture with a new one. Here it is:

Laetus

Naras, I have to say your work is truly amazing! Such a great addition to the game! I really like the diversity this adds to the game. Please continue working on it!

Stunning job man, truly very nice potraits, you truly are talented. +rep.

Melvasul's Avatar Biarchus

"Ehy, Melvasul haven't you jerked off a bit too much for today?"
    "Yes, but this needs me"

Leggy's Avatar Semisalis

I thought there already was a good Halbarad portrait.

Quote Originally Posted by Leggy View Post
    I thought there already was a good Halbarad portrait.
    Mmmh… the more, the merrier XD
    You may say that even for almost any other custom portrait I have made so far. This sub-mod is called “Portrait Enhancement Pack” and that’s what I am litterally trying to achieve. It’s totally understandable that someone could prefer a certain subject to another but little can be done in these regard; everyone has his own subjective opinion and it’s impossible to please everyone.

Personally I think that the quality improvement is indisputable; i.e. you mentioned Halbarad, here is the comparison:
    As you can see the portrait resolution wasn’t that good, it still had the old background and wrickles were missing on the old version. Yeah, I could have tried to fix it but it would have taken as much time as creating a new one from scratch, and probably I would have got a worse result. Actually I don’t even know if I am allowed to do that anyway. You usually have to ask permission to modify someone else work but, as much as I know, each custom portrait could have been made by a different person. It would be litterally impossible and a huge waste of time looking for the person who made that certain portrait each time.

But worry not, once the submod will be released, removing specific custom portraits or even all of them will be pretty easy. You just need to delete the custom_portrait folder or any of its specific general subfolders before overwriting the submod into the main build.

Leggy's Avatar Semisalis

Hey, I don't mind the change, and it is a very good change.