Thread: Generic Error: Failed to find texture

TheJim's Avatar Semisalis

Default Generic Error: Failed to find texture

I posted the following in the problems and bugs thread, and haven't got a response yet. I've scoured the internet for a solution, and this seems to be a relatively common error in many mods for all of the TW series, with different variations on what the exact texture is that causes the problem. I have yet to see any that were adequately resolved.

Hi guys, really been looking forward to playing this game again, and I have an issue which is currently making it unplayable.

When entering battles which contain archer units (i.e. most battles) I am getting the following error:

Generic Error:

Failed to find texture 'data/textures/arrow.tga'

Logically, I tested it with battles containing no archers by starting a Carthaginian campaign and playing the opening battle. No issues. I tried multiple different factions and immediately sent archer units into battle to test it, and the game crashes every time with the same error.

I checked the data/textures folder and the arrow.tga file is right where it should be, so I'm stumped here.

Bear in mind that this is a totally fresh install of both RTW:BI (non steam) and of RS2.5, patched to 3.1. This is the very first battle I attempted to play, and then went on to test as described above. Note also that this error does not occur when autoresolving, so it seems the issue is due to the game attempting to load a texture that it can't find, even though the texture is there :/

No idea where to go from here. I played RSII years ago, and it would be disappointing to have such a seemingly minor bug prevent me from playing the game.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Generic Error: Failed to find texture

I have never came across this issue in all the time I have played RS, I can only think it is a corrupt/bad file, THIS COULD BE IN YOUR DOWNLOADED MOD PARTS. so don't use those, I suggest you actually re-download all of the mod parts and then re-install everything fresh, I took control of my UAC/Virtual store because Windows can interfere with downloading mod files too, you could do this before you download again, this link shows you how to do it, just substitute RTW for M2TW in the instruction. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Store-Problems good luck, let me know how you get on if you try it.
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; January 27, 2018 at 07:23 AM. Reason: typo
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

Where did you install the game? If it's not in C:\RS or equivalent YOU WILL HAVE PROBLEMS!!!!

TheJim's Avatar Semisalis

I managed to fix this by moving files around. Thanks for the help everyone!