Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Historical Events - Help needed.

Kaosbouncer's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Historical Events - Help needed.

i just thought of something. it's not so much a historical "event" but i didn't know where else to put this. its a minor change really. i think that the Byzantine princess at the beginning of the game, Anna Comnenus, should start out with the Educated Woman trait. Anna wrote the Alexiad, a book detailing the reign of her father Alexius. being one of the earliest female historians, i think it make sense that she be scholarly. i'm just really dissapointed with Med II's princess system. they have all these awesome traits but they hardly ever get them. every single time i marry my faction heir off to a foreign princess, he gets the "Wife is a Wretch" trait. hell i usually cheat to get it off. i think that if Anna has this trait at the start, if she marries another kingdom's faction heir, then maybe some of her daughters will end up with the same trait. a fresh change from having nothing but hideous, promiscuous, stupid, snobby little wretches.

Quote Originally Posted by Crucifix View Post
    First Crusade 1095. Pope declares crusade against Jerusalem

Second Crusade 1145–1149. Muslims attack and take Edessa, crusade declared on Edessa.

Third Crusade 1189–1192. Saladin attacks Jerusalem, pope declares crusade against Jerusalem.

Fourth Crusade 1201–1204. The Fourth Crusade was initiated in 1202 by Pope Innocent III, with the intention of invading the Holy Land through Egypt. The Venetians, under Doge Enrico Dandolo, gained control of this crusade and diverted it first to the Christian city of Zara (Zadar), then to Constantinople, where they attempted to place a Byzantine exile on the throne. After a series of misunderstandings and outbreaks of violence, the crusaders sacked the city in 1204. (I dunno how you could do this, maybe call a crusade against Constantinople? :hmmm: )

Fifth Crusade 1217–1221. Pope calls a crusade against Jerusalem but encourages the crusaders to attack Cario.

Sixth Crusade 1228–1229. Emperor Frederick II had repeatedly vowed a crusade but failed to live up to his words, for which he was excommunicated by the Pope in 1228. (excommunicate HRE) He nonetheless set sail from Brindisi, landed in Palestine, and through diplomacy he achieved unexpected success: Jerusalem, Nazareth, and Bethlehem were delivered to the crusaders for a period of ten years. (call crusade against Jerusalem?)

Seventh Crusade 1248–1254. In 1244 a Khwarezmian force summoned by Egypt stormed Jerusalem. The crusaders were drawn into battle at La Forbie in Gaza. The crusader army and its Bedouin mercenaries were outnumbered by Baibars' force of Khwarezmian tribesmen and were completely defeated within forty-eight hours. (maybe spawn a stack of Khwarezmian/Egyptian troops if Jerusalem is in Catholic hands? I dunno if thats possible though) Louis IX of France organized a crusade against Egypt from 1248 to 1254. It was a failure, and Louis spent much of the crusade living at the court of the crusader kingdom in Acre. (crusade called against Jerusalem?)

Eighth Crusade 1270. Organized by Louis IX in 1270, initially to come to the aid of the remnants of the crusader states in Syria. However, the crusade was diverted to Tunis, (crusade called against Tunis? I dunno how well that would work) where Louis spent only two months before dying. The Eighth Crusade is sometimes counted as the Seventh, if the Fifth and Sixth Crusades are counted as a single crusade. The Ninth Crusade is sometimes also counted as part of the Eighth.

Ninth Crusade 1271–1272. The future Edward I of England undertook another expedition in 1271, (maybe call a crusade against Damascus or Edessa since they are in Syria) after having accompanied Louis on the Eighth Crusade. He accomplished very little in Syria and retired the following year after a truce. With the fall of Antioch (1268), Tripoli (1289), and Acre (1291), the last traces of the Christian rule in Syria disappeared.

Alexandrian Crusade 1365. This was a minor seaborne crusade against Muslim Alexandria led by Peter I of Cyprus. More on Crusades.

The Cathar Crusade 1209-1229 Maybe cause a city to rebel, spawn "heretics", and cause the pope to declare a crusade on the settlement.

Teutonic knights attack Lithuania 1291-1410. They also fought the Polish in the 14th century and in 1237 aimed to convert Orthodox Russia to Catholicism. They were defeated by Prince Alexander Nevsky of Novgorod in 1242. Maybe give the HRE lots of troops to fight the Polish/Russians/'Lesser factions' Lithuanians or create an emerging faction. Map of Teutonic holdings. More on Teutonic Order.

Treatises of 1520 - Martin Luther excommunicated. Maybe this could trigger lots of "heretics" throughout most of Europe.

I don't know if you can use all these, especially the later crusades, but I though I'd post it anyways.
    aw hell nice work my m8 crucifix .......couldnt have said it better

pls pls pls pls add them rebergnario

a
    edit soz for double pos pls delete
    Last edited by G3N3RAL GR13V0US; January 28, 2007 at 02:37 PM.

here's a cool idea: the Kievan Rus' split in 1116 (i think) so when it does split, if it's possible to do, it'd be cool if it was coded that there was a 50% chance that Kiev becomes a minor faction and the player (or AI) becomes Novgorod, and a 50% chance that it's Novgorod that becomes a minor faction and the player gets Kiev.

sorry, i couldn't think of a better way to word that. basically, it's not set that it's Kiev that becomes minor and Novgorod remains in the possession of the faction. it's randomly decided if the player gets Kiev and its surrounding provinces or Novgorod and its provinces.

CtrlAltDe1337's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Kaosbouncer View Post
    here's a cool idea: the Kievan Rus' split in 1116 (i think) so when it does split, if it's possible to do, it'd be cool if it was coded that there was a 50% chance that Kiev becomes a minor faction and the player (or AI) becomes Novgorod, and a 50% chance that it's Novgorod that becomes a minor faction and the player gets Kiev.

sorry, i couldn't think of a better way to word that. basically, it's not set that it's Kiev that becomes minor and Novgorod remains in the possession of the faction. it's randomly decided if the player gets Kiev and its surrounding provinces or Novgorod and its provinces.
    I like that idea a lot.

You could do something similar for the War of the Roses. Maybe make a 25% chance of becoming each side so the civil war happens 50% of the time. Since it occurs so late in the game, I don't think ppl would want a rebelion to happen 100% of the time, but the Russian thing is early enough to work.

myabe you could add some history of art events and say, add churches or guilds in cities like florence or paris...

Sir_Borna's Avatar Laetus

Hi to all first of all I will said that love your map, but is not perfect yet
    There is one big mistake, that is in all maps! Portugal! you try short it out taking out navarra from it, that was good. But portugal didn't exist til 1139.
    In 1080 didn't exist at all, and in 1095 was created the countship of Portugal under the control of the crown of castilla y leon.
    Didn't get his independence as I said till 1139 by the arms, and wasn't legaly acepted till 1143 that became a vasall of castilla, but as a kingdom
    In 1179 was acepted by the pope as his vassal and become an independet kingdom.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Borna View Post
    Hi to all first of all I will said that love your map, but is not perfect yet
    There is one big mistake, that is in all maps! Portugal! you try short it out taking out navarra from it, that was good. But portugal didn't exist til 1139.
    In 1080 didn't exist at all, and in 1095 was created the countship of Portugal under the control of the crown of castilla y leon.
    Didn't get his independence as I said till 1139 by the arms, and wasn't legaly acepted till 1143 that became a vasall of castilla, but as a kingdom
    In 1179 was acepted by the pope as his vassal and become an independet kingdom.
    maybe you could make portugal an emerging faction in 1139 IF jimenez-borgonha still holds the regions. make it so that the spaniards fight and win a big battle against the moors in 1138, spanish army commanded by alfonso I, and next turn poof portugal exists as a vassal of spain maybe.

What I mean by the arms was that the count of Portugal fight against his master the king of castilla y leon to gain his independence.
    And in 1143 the king of castilla y leon acepted him as a king if he was his vassal, cause he wanna become emperor, so need Kings as vassals.

1204 A Crusade against constantinople is launched and Venice forced to join it...
    As consequences Trebizond and epirus riot and turn to rebels it will make more interesting a byzantine campaign...

What I mean by the arms was that the count of Portugal fight against his master the king of castilla y leon to gain his independence.
    And in 1143 the king of castilla y leon acepted him as a king if he was his vassal, cause he wanna become emperor, so need Kings as vassals.
    There's no "Portugal" in AD, there's a dinasty which in 1080 already controlled Porto and Coimbra. Your task is conquering the "crown" because if you ever played at AD you'd notice than the leader of House of Borgonha-Afonsina is NOT King of Portugal yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Basil II the B.S View Post
    1204 A Crusade against constantinople is launched and Venice forced to join it...
    As consequences Trebizond and epirus riot and turn to rebels it will make more interesting a byzantine campaign...
    Crusades cannot be scripted so it's pretty hard to setup an event like this without becoming too much deterministic (making an army of french and venetians people appearing out of nothing in front of the Constantinople Walls).

I'm not saying that it cannot be done, I'm saying that I'd like to make it look good and not just a cheap trick.

billydilly's Avatar Senator

Katedralskolan, Lund (Lund Cathedral School) is a school in Lund, Sweden. It was founded in 1085 by the Danish king Canute the Saint. It is the oldest school in Scandinavia and one of the oldest in Northern Europe.

Domesday Book (also known as Domesday, or Book of Winchester), was the record of the great survey of England completed in 1086, executed for William the Conqueror. The survey was similar to a census by a government of today. William needed information about the country he had just conquered so he could administer it. While spending the Christmas of 1085 in Gloucester, William "had deep speech with his counsellors and sent men all over England to each shire ... to find out ... what or how much each landholder had in land and livestock, and what it was worth." (Saxon Chronicle) One of the main purposes of the survey was to find out who owned what so they could be taxed on it, and the judgment of the assessors was final — whatever the book said about who owned the property, or what it was worth, was the law, and there was no appeal. It was written in Latin, although there were some vernacular words inserted for native terms with no previous Latin equivalent and the text was highly abbreviated. When the book took the name "Domesday" (Middle English spelling of Doomsday) in the 12th century, it was to emphasize its definitiveness and authority (the analogy refers to the Christian belief of a Last Judgment).

Crusades
    First Crusade 1095–1099
    Second Crusade 1145–1149
    Third Crusade 1189–1192
    Fourth Crusade 1201–1204
    Albigensian Crusade 1209
    Children's Crusade 1212
    Fifth Crusade 1217–1221
    Sixth Crusade 1228–1229
    Seventh Crusade 1248–1254
    Eighth Crusade 1270
    Ninth Crusade 1271–1272
    Last edited by billydilly; February 11, 2007 at 04:49 PM.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700. GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Armor 8G. RAM: Corsair Vengance, 16Gb HD: Kingston SSD 240Gb (System), Samsung 850 Evo SSD 500Gb (Steam), Western Digital 500Gb. PSU: Corsair CX600W

Some suggestions:
    1. The HRE is historically much more difficult to play:
    There was more a electors system than a heritage-system, no emperor (Kaiser) could be sure that his son was to inherite the crown. The emperor was crowned by the Pope to become the emperor. In Germany he was only crowned as a king (in Aachen near cologne, which is on the map). The son usually was crowned in Aachen (by a german cardinal/Bishop) while his father was still the emperor! But the Bishops and nobles usually had to be bribed (by his father) in order to vote for him.
    After the emperor died, the son had to travel to rome to get emperors crown by the pope. That should be a task when an emperor died,
    The emperor never had control of the whole HRE.
    In the beginning there were the i think 5 Duchies (saxonia, franconia, schwaben, lotharingen, bavaria) that were struggeling for the crown. Later (after about 1200) these duchies themselves fell apart politically. Maybe we could make 5 factions within the HRE -each with about 2-3 provinces. The best thing would be that a duke that gets a majority of these five can be elected Kaiser. If he manages by bribes to let his son be elected as the king there is a big 90% propability that his son will inherite the crown.
    About 1350 Kaiser Karl IV of the Luxemburg-Dynasty made a constitution (die goldene Bulle) where only the electors (Kurfürsten) 3 of which were Bishops and 3 of which were lords had to elect the Kaiser. These had to be bribbed too to get the crown.
    Do you think that can be done? Or at least part of it? Then i would provide more info about that.

Quote Originally Posted by oho View Post
    Some suggestions:
    1. The HRE is historically much more difficult to play:
    There was more a electors system than a heritage-system, no emperor (Kaiser) could be sure that his son was to inherite the crown. The emperor was crowned by the Pope to become the emperor. In Germany he was only crowned as a king (in Aachen near cologne, which is on the map). The son usually was crowned in Aachen (by a german cardinal/Bishop) while his father was still the emperor! But the Bishops and nobles usually had to be bribed (by his father) in order to vote for him.
    After the emperor died, the son had to travel to rome to get emperors crown by the pope. That should be a task when an emperor died,
    The emperor never had control of the whole HRE.
    In the beginning there were the i think 5 Duchies (saxonia, franconia, schwaben, lotharingen, bavaria) that were struggeling for the crown. Later (after about 1200) these duchies themselves fell apart politically. Maybe we could make 5 factions within the HRE -each with about 2-3 provinces. The best thing would be that a duke that gets a majority of these five can be elected Kaiser. If he manages by bribes to let his son be elected as the king there is a big 90% propability that his son will inherite the crown.
    About 1350 Kaiser Karl IV of the Luxemburg-Dynasty made a constitution (die goldene Bulle) where only the electors (Kurfürsten) 3 of which were Bishops and 3 of which were lords had to elect the Kaiser. These had to be bribbed too to get the crown.
    Do you think that can be done? Or at least part of it? Then i would provide more info about that.
    Stop thinking factions in AD like factions in Vanilla. In AD they are dinasties, not countries.

And for a dinasty to acquire the HRE crown you have to control all 6 (SIX) regions of the great electors.

Quote Originally Posted by Re Berengario I View Post
    There's no "Portugal" in AD, there's a dinasty which in 1080 already controlled Porto and Coimbra. Your task is conquering the "crown" because if you ever played at AD you'd notice than the leader of House of Borgonha-Afonsina is NOT King of Portugal yet.
    Well, ok with this but....:hmmm:
    Did you now that the House of Borgonha-Afonsina didn't take control of portugal till 1095
    In any case you don't have to be 100% accurate!

Well, ok with this but....:hmmm:
    Did you now that the House of Borgonha-Afonsina didn't take control of portugal till 1095
    In any case you don't have to be 100% accurate!
    They controlled north of Portugal in 1080 being "nominal" vassals of the Castillan but the region was pretty messed up with the splitting of the old Rejno de Galicia. The same with the Aragonese dinasty being nominal vassal of the Rejno de Navarra but I think I'll give them Pamplona. If I could have 600 regions to play with I could be more precise.

Was true that at that moment Galicia and Portugal was messed up but no member of family borgoña controled it.
    Galicia and Porto were controled by Garcia II of Galicia and Coinbra was controled by Sisnando Davides
    In 1091 Garcia II died and Raymond of Burgundy married with Urraca the daughter (heiress) of Alfonso king of castilla y Leon and take control of galicia and portugal
    One year after Henry of Burgundy married with other daughter of Alfonso and get the title of Count portucalenses gaining control of porto and coinbra.
    As note Henrique and Raimundo were cousins and borgonha = burgundy
    Last edited by Sir_Borna; February 14, 2007 at 05:16 PM.

Could you please point me where in AD is named House of Borgonha ONLY?

I remember that the dinasty it's named Afonsina-Borgonha... and for a reason

Quote Originally Posted by Re Berengario I View Post
    Could you please point me where in AD is named House of Borgonha ONLY?

I remember that the dinasty it's named Afonsina-Borgonha... and for a reason

Ok you win
    You are doing a great job , think the mod is gonna be great when finished!!
    And if you need some help to find some historical information let me know!
    I'm fluent in spanish, portuguese and french, and it helps to find some information!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast