Thread: The Ottoman Empire Proper Mod a.k.a Realism Mod

Default The Ottoman Empire Proper Mod a.k.a Realism Mod

NAPOLEON TOTAL WAR - THE OTTOMAN EMPIRE REALISM MOD

Hello fellows,

I am the first maker of Ottoman Empire Realism Mod for ETW (Till version 1.3, last official version). I was very active then during 2009 and 2010 and I made quite much effort for Ottoman Mod. I also started to work for NTW Ottoman Realism Mod but some irritating bugs and of course busyness at private life kept me away from modding and even stopped it. However, I have been stubborn enough to finish the mod to give a chance to people to play the most proper Ottoman Mod. Luckily, I worked very intense last 2 months and I am about to finish the mod. Only some tweaks, balancing and test game is needed.

What does the mod include?;

*Most importantly and a massive time taker: A brand new Ottoman Empire Roster
    -All of Elite Units of The East from ETW are REDONE since they can't be converter and the ones that people play have corrupted models
    -Completely New Units done by the reference pictures from Osprey, Ottoman-Uniforms by Chris Flaherty, Ottoman Series by Giovanni Jean Brindesi
    -Edit on the existing units to make more realistic

Pictures: https://imgur.com/a/maRRQ
    Latest updates & recent pictures: http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-ottoma...ka-realism-mod

*Missions for The Ottoman Empire Campaign

*Religion System available

*Addition of Prestige building at the capital and some tech tweaks

*Proper balancing

*Wrong voice for units bug fixed

*Some new animations and additions such as smoke and blood.

*and so much more.

Installation
    Mod is not compatible with Darth Mod or with any other mod!

You need to put the files to the correct locations:
    -mod_ottoman_realism.pack & mod_ottoman_realism_loc.pack into .../data at your game folder,
    -startpos.esf & scripting.lua into ...data/campaigns/mp_eur_napoleon
    -user.script.txt into C:\Users\[USER]\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Napoleon\scripts

CREDITS
    -HusserlTW for this helps in the beginning
    -Steph for his helps during past 6 years time to time tirelessly
    -Mech_Donald for his smoke & blood mod
    -lutland for his Pre-battle unit select UI
    -Twcenter community and people who provided tools such as taw, T.C., erasmus777, alpaca and other I forget their nicknames

Important Note! My work can't be used anywhere at any mod without my permission and knowledge. I have experienced that my work is widely used from ETW Ottoman Realism Mod without my knowledge and this is what I wouldn't appreciate it. Please contact me if there is a request from your side.
    Best Regards,

PredatoR a.k.a AmiR Timur
    Last edited by AmiR TimuR; March 02, 2018 at 12:58 PM.

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: The Ottoman Empire Proper Mod a.k.a Realism Mod

Welcome back to modding, and good luck with this project!

Feel free to post an announcement here, when it's done, to spread word around TWC.

The mod has been released! Download via: http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-ottoma...ka-realism-mod

Goutlard's Avatar Janissary

Congrats on the release !
    I was a bit surprised by this though :

Quote Originally Posted by AmiR TimuR View Post
    Important Note! My work can't be used anywhere at any mod without my permission and knowledge. I have experienced that my work is widely used from ETW Ottoman Realism Mod without my knowledge and this is what I wouldn't appreciate it. Please contact me if there is a request from your side.
    Best Regards,
    I was a bit surprised by that note, since I had asked authorizations to Nizam (Yabgu Nizam Pasa) whom I knew as the Ottoman Realism mod leader. And he did give me authorization to use the content of Ottoman : Realism Mod.
    So, I didn't know there was such an issue, and sorry if it caused you displeasure .
    Wind from the East's Awards :

Quote Originally Posted by Goutlard View Post

Nizam (Yabgu Nizam Pasa)
    ..and AmiR TimuR and this DLC of ETW: http://store.steampowered.com/app/10...s_of_the_East/

Maybe they can tell us more how that DLC has appeared and how they divided the big turkish Total War Community which is now just joke of his past.

Instead of you Guys, Goutlards afforts made the Ottomans playable in ETW for many Users here, you guys even donīt update it or even patched., but i will talk less and wait for the answer from @AmiR TimuR about that known joke of a DLC.

Quote Originally Posted by Goutlard View Post
    Congrats on the release !
    I was a bit surprised by this though :

I was a bit surprised by that note, since I had asked authorizations to Nizam (Yabgu Nizam Pasa) whom I knew as the Ottoman Realism mod leader. And he did give me authorization to use the content of Ottoman : Realism Mod.
    So, I didn't know there was such an issue, and sorry if it caused you displeasure .
    Thanks Goutlard,

As far as I check Ottoman Total Overhaul is basically the continuation of Ottoman Realism Mod. I do not bother with that or I didn't mention about Ottoman Total Overhaul. There are few mods that includes my work which I have seen and didn't bother since I did not mod anymore. I do not want to name them, it is not important. It is only disappointing when you don't see anything about your name although one has a 100 hours of work on it.

One thing to clarify; I was/am the maker of the Ottoman Realism Mod. All work till ETW Ottoman Realism Mod 1.3 done by me with support of one of forum member nicknamed Ramses. Nizam is only the Publisher.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebaki View Post
    ..and AmiR TimuR and this DLC of ETW: http://store.steampowered.com/app/10...s_of_the_East/

Maybe they can tell us more how that DLC has appeared and how they divided the big turkish Total War Community which is now just joke of his past.

Instead of you Guys, Goutlards afforts made the Ottomans playable in ETW for many Users here, you guys even donīt update it or even patched., but i will talk less and wait for the answer from @AmiR TimuR about that known joke of a DLC.
    To be honest, I really quite don't understand what you wrote about.

I was and I am still only the MOD maker for Total War series and I have never had active roles at Turkish Total War Community. For this reason, many people think that Nizam actually prepared ETW Ottoman Realism Mod. However, it was me.

Please enlight me regarding that DLC, known joke and how it seperated Turkish community via PM. I only remember back than that because of the political view differences or something like that the community broke up.

Well, if you give the credits to Goutlard, go ahead. However, respect more than 100 hours of my work I have done. Without my and Ramses effort, you would maybe still play Indian like Ottoman Empire ETW. I patched and spent a great effort till version 1.3 and even I updated roster for Safavid Empire as It is a Turkish-Persian Empire. It was 8 years ago when I gave up modding. Noone can spend entire life with modding forever.

With NTW Realism Mod, I was quite late to release, I gave up many times because of the irritating bugs but better late than never. I fixed all and released it. Better to enjoy it instead of opening all pages. I have no relation or interest with that.

Goutlard's Avatar Janissary

All right thank you for the clarification I didn't know there was an issue with Ottoman Realism Mod. And I understand your frustration at what comes to not having your name represented after hundreds of hours of modding.
    As for the Ottoman Total Overhaul Mod, if it is a consolation, your name is still mentionned here among the special thanks :

Credits

So, since the misunderstanding is cleared, there's no issue. No need for blaming anyone in this thread. Indeed if it were not for the works of those listed here, I would have no models to work with. I am a DB, Startpos and Script editor. So, I can do all those, but for the graphics for the Ottoman and Safavids I had to rely most on Amir Timur , Ramses and Adrian72 as listed in the credits.

And retiring from modding is normal - I myself mod only for a few months a year. Exams, personnal life, all that..
    Congrats on finishing the Ottoman Empire Proper mod again.
    Wind from the East's Awards :

TuranianGhazi's Avatar Biarchus

First of all, stupendously awesome mod, AmirTimur! Kudos!

Secondly, can you help me out with something?

So based on your excellent mod here, I was able to retrace the steps and add Religion Mosques and Imams to this old-forgotten but more vanilla-closer mod here by md1453 in an unofficial version 6.0 update: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...hlight=ottoman

So, I got those working. Yay! I was about to post this version 6.0 to md1453's thread by adding this last missing agent to his mod, but alas, I did run into one annoying visual snag.

The only issue that I WASN'T able to replicate from your mod was what I believe is portrait allocation for mideast missionary done at the ESF stage. Basically, there are UI/Portraits/ for mideast missionary, but when they pop out, as AGENT UNITS on the campaign map, they have no portrait. Basically, some linkage is missing between the UI folder in the PACK file and agent unit.

In reverse-engineering your mod (and hence force myself to get back to ETW/NTW modding and wrapping up my Crimean Khanate Realism mod; it's mostly done actually, 90% of units done, just trying to put finishing touches/polishings), I looked at your ESF and definitely under PORTRAIT ALLOCATION, unlike the vanilla Napoleon Total War experience of missionaries having 0s, your mod had some numbers, 9 for the 9 portraits, I believe, but there was also a weird string, which I have no idea what it points to or does. Anyways, with your ESF, all works, but not with the NTF Europe-All Playable, that I'm most using and trying to edit, since I used NTF mod as a way to playtest my Crimean Khanate Realism mod.

First of all, my problem is that NO Esf Editor that I've tried seems to actually ENACT or SAVE the change. ALL of them crash!

So which ESF Editor STILL works well with Napoleon Total War, and Empire Total War? Is it because of the Definitive Edition change?

I tried the following EditSF version: 1.0.7, 1.1.1, and the latest 1.2.4.
    They all crash!

Now, I tried the outdated EsfEditor 1.4.5 (which had the best layout: I mean it spelled out the country names under Faction Array so I didn't have to manually check each one to find the ottomans or crimean_khanate for example)

Scouring the web, I found that there is EsfEditor 1.4.8 out there which did work at least for some time with both NTW and ETW. Problem is I can't find a download link anywhere. Most are broken, leading nowhere.

So please, may you guys help me out with a working EsfEditor and how you AmirTimur were able to add/handle Portraits for essentially custom agents? If I figure this out, I may even try the same technique for my custom Crimean culture group which is likewise missing custom Generals portraits, but otherwise works just fine. Though I'm afraid that custom cultures are just much harder if not impossible to fully implement, so I'd have to scrap that idea or live with generals with no allocated/linked portraits, names.

Thank you very much in advance! Much appreciated!

Also, while I have a standalone Crimean Khanate Realism mod by itself, how do you think about adding Crimean Khanate Realism units, since you already have Safavid/Persian and Mughal units. This way, the eastern factions get all covered?
    Last edited by TuranianGhazi; March 04, 2020 at 06:18 AM.