Thread: 2017 Scriptorium Writing Competition - Discussion and Q&A Thread (read this for rules or if you have any questions)

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Default 2017 Scriptorium Writing Competition - Discussion and Q&A Thread (read this for rules or if you have any questions)

The writing competition is in it's next main stage, the voting phase. Voting is open to the public and everyone is invited to vote for their favorite submission in each category.

Please take note of the rules for voting however, as punishment for any breach of these rules will be accompanied by a penalty of at least a permanent suspension from any future Scriptorium Writing Competitions.

Competition Voting Rules

VOTING WILL BE HELD IN TWO ROUNDS. FIRST ROUND IS PER CATEGORY. THE TOP 2 IN EACH CATEGORY WILL ENTER THE FINAL ROUND

Librarians shall not be voting on medals except on the "Librarian's Choice" medal, which is a private poll and will be announced in the end with the rest of the awards. Any entry that makes it to the final round of voting will not be eligible for Librarian's Choice.

The 3rd best placed entries in each category shall be runners up

In case of a tie both entries receive the same medal/rep/advance to the final.

Awards

Awards for the 4 category winners:

Medals shall be decided by the general membership. A bronze, silver, and gold award are up for grabs

Awards for the winners:

The awards shall be decided here through the voting. 4th placed entry in the final will receive reputation points - a larger amount to compesante for not winning a medal. Temporary amount is 60 (still have to discuss it with the admins). Medal winners will also receive a smaller amount of rep.

Librarian choice award.

The winner of this award shall be decided by Librarian popular vote. It will not be decided here.

will be awarded as such 60 for the 4th placed entry (may be subject to change), and undecided number for medal winners (from 50 to 40), 40 for runners up and 30 for everybody else

All entries in public polls will be anonymous
    , and any attempt to endorse your own work or anyone who openly declares the author of any work will be dealt swift judgement by the Inquisition. If anyone is found to be lobbying for votes via PM or VMs, they will also be disqualified from the competition. And any disqualifications will not be announced until after the competition, so don't think you're being sneaky, I see everything (like literally, Tomb Kings can turn their heads backwards )

Winners will be announced within a few days of the polls coming to a close.

And to be extra sure you can't say I didn't tell you so, remember, all submissions are to remain anonymous during the voting period. This is to ensure a fair vote with no bias based on the author. ANY attempt by the author of any submission to lobby for votes on this site, or in any way to show which submission is theirs in an attempt to gain votes, will be automatically disqualified. And again, you won't find that out until the voting ends, I like to keep you all in suspense about this. Discussion in this thread about supposed authors is also forbidden. So please everyone, play nice, play fair.

You are allowed to encourage people to vote and we will be very appreciative if you do (see example below). You are allowed to vote for yourself if you want to

Example: "Hey come and vote in this competition here", "Vote in the scriptorium Writing Competition" - Allowed
    "Hey come vote for entry 69, it's really awesome and emotionally soothing" - Not allowed
    "Hey I wrote entry 69, please vote for me" - permanently banished to the Phantom Zone

The Chief Librarian is solely responsible for all aspects of the competition. The decisions of the Chief Librarian is final.

In case you have any queries, feel free to post them here or PM a librarian.

Voting will last till 16th of February at 23:59 GMT+2
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: 2017 Scriptorium Writing Competition - Discussion and Q&A Thread (read this for rules or if you have any questions)

well noted! now I need to find an hour to read them all, I hope to be able to do so before the 16th
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Default Re: 2017 Scriptorium Writing Competition - Discussion and Q&A Thread (read this for rules or if you have any questions)

This is the best competition on TWC .Except the 5th and 6th people(Who are respected also) .The first 4 can never lose .The first 3 get medals .The 4th gets big time rep .
    100% mobile poster so pls forgive grammer

I have the feeling that almost everybody will be getting a medal this year because people with 2 entries can only go to the final with one.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Isnt that good?Please don't change it .

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Ah sweet bling bling. Also, are we allowed to provide feedback and writing tips on the pieces or should we wait until the voting is over?
    Last edited by Commissar Caligula_; February 01, 2018 at 12:46 AM.

It's best if you wait until this is over and send said feedback to the author. Wouldn't want accusations voter swaying to come up.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

and voted I have!!

one story really surprised me, brave writers we have here

best of luck to all the participants!
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

When will the final round between the top two posts occur?
    Last edited by Commissar Caligula_; February 17, 2018 at 10:03 PM.

When will the round one results be declared?

Right now. Sorry for the delay. I had to deal with some family issues.

No problemo. By the way, in the OP of the final vote, you've said "Polls last until 3rd of March 2018 at this hour". Now we've got different time zones and everything, but on my end it says the poll will end on March the 6th so presumably the poll actually ends on March 5th for you?

Yeah. My bad. I set it for 14 days and I thought Monday was the 3rd. Oopsy.