Thread: Patch 0.62b

Agraes's Avatar Pillar of Prydein

Default Patch 0.62b

This small patch will hopefully correct those bugs associated with ATW v0.62:
    - the Caer Mincip bug: when conquered, selecting this town caused a CTD
    - the random CTD on AI turn: apparently due to a typo error in the script file. Please report if it still happens.

On the "Post-battle CTD": This one happens sometimes when clicking on "occupy/enslave/slaughter" after having won against an army reinforced by the settlement's garrison the player was besieging. It is not constant, and only happen when the garrison is slaughtered in the battle and can't reform an army inside the town. We haven't been able to correct it, it seems linked with harcoded issues and happens with other mods. But it can be avoided, either by:

1. Auto-resolving the battle - Auto-resolved battles tend to let more survivors in the ennemy army.
    2. Avoiding to wipe out the entire garrison in the battle.
    3. Retreating from the battle.
    4. Leaving the siege and attacking approaching stacks.
    5. Attacking a nearby stack before starting to siege the settlement. If the garrison come in this circomstance, and if you wipe out both armies you will be able to size the settlement without any issue.

Both solutions can kill a bit the gameplay. Make a proper save before such a battle. Avoid to load a quick save or an autosave when you are besieging a settlement. The bug seems to be linked with those saves, even if it haven't been confirmed either or not it happens only when loading a quick/autosave and fighting such a battle when the siege was already established.

The Arthurian TW team

Download it here:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7ROKYIBU

edit: you will however need to start a new campaign to get benefit from the fix.
    Last edited by Agraes; January 07, 2007 at 01:18 PM.

Default Re: Patch 0.62b

Just on the issue on the post battle CTD, Eb was having problems with the same thing, but managed to figure out a way to fix it. Here's the link to the topic where they provided the fix http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=71142
    Of course, I have absolutely no real understanding of modding, so I don't know if this is even relevant to your mod. If you already know about it, just pay me no heed.

As far I know EB didn't have exactly the same issue. The CTD occured for them right after the battle with reinforcements, and was caused by traits. We did explore a bit traits to see if they were problematic and they are apparently not (we use mostly vanilla stuff).

Can you host the patch on another server pls ? I get redirected to this page: http://www.megaupload.com/toolbar/nl/?
    If you wish I can host it on some webserver...

THnx alot!

Can the fix solve this problem without starting a new campaign? : the random CTD on AI turn

You will need to start a new campaign, and It is not 100% sure every problem will be solve. At least the script issue is

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Hey Agraes,
    finally i had the time to install and play ATW (incl. all patches). Great mod.

So, one thing, if i quit, i get an error-message about celticchristianity ... what's that about? Work in progress?
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Yes, wip stuff... damn ****, Im really stupied

I guess I have put 0.63 descr_regions with CC stuff inside. Is there a CTD with the message?

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

No, only this error-message related to descr_regions, if you quit the game, so not a big issue.

I think i can solve this with editing descr_regions, but i didn't look into the file as yet.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.