Thread: french uses no calvary?

Default french uses no calvary?

hi. this is my first campain with this mod and i chose the english. it is almost turn 170 an i have almost totally wiped out the french. i have yet to see an army with heavy clavary. :hmmm: the only calvary the french has used is their general units. any idea why?

Default Re: french uses no calvary?

They seems to prefer peasants and armoured sergeants armies supported with peasant archers. Only horses I've seen they used are Mounted Sergeants and Mailed Knights, never some of their unike ones.

Too bad I'll have too resort to script the hell out because the 90% of the original CA code stinks when it comes to garrisoning, armies composition, etc...

I fear the campaign_script.txt of my mod will become a bloated 20 MB file

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

Who needs scripting to sort out ai army compositions? Taken from test campaigns from my LTC mod, all i've done played around with unit costs, ai build preferences, and tweaked recruitment slightly.

Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

Korinthos Hoplites's Avatar Centenarius

Stop showing off, Lusted

Stop showing off, Lusted
    What? Im just pointing out you do not need a huge script to make the ai recruit more balanced armies, you just need to make some small tweaks to several things.
    Creator of:
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.

Problem is that tweaking the costs and recruitments means tweaking the costs and recruitments for the human factions too which is not always advisable.

I think Lusted did a great job and I also had similar nice armies when AI is good on money and doesn't make a war every second.

Still to force AI to garrison decently its settlements and territories you have to make it swim in cash.

Problem is that tweaking the costs and recruitments means tweaking the costs and recruitments for the human factions too which is not always advisable.
    I'd hardly call making all miltia units 100 more expensive, all missile units 50 more expensive, light cav 100 more expensive damaging to the human player, they're not that big a changes and make things far better in the campaign. Plus setting most of the ai factions recruitment priorities to smith or napoleon results in better army composition as well.
    Creator of:

Quote Originally Posted by Lusted View Post
    I'd hardly call making all miltia units 100 more expensive, all missile units 50 more expensive, light cav 100 more expensive damaging to the human player, they're not that big a changes and make things far better in the campaign. Plus setting most of the ai factions recruitment priorities to smith or napoleon results in better army composition as well.
    As I said you did a great job

I'm not arguing here, it's just that some factions should have a "bonus" on recruiting some kind of units (feudal factions should pay knight a lot less than for example Venice) and this is something it couldn't be done unless you create different units for every kind of faction.

Another problem is that it seems that the AI is unable to convert a castle into a city, at least I didn't see it happen but maybe it's just me.

I'm not arguing here, it's just that some factions should have a "bonus" on recruiting some kind of units (feudal factions should pay knight a lot less than for example Venice) and this is something it couldn't be done unless you create different units for every kind of faction.
    Im not going for realism, hence same tweaks to all units for all factions.

Another problem is that it seems that the AI is unable to convert a castle into a city, at least I didn't see it happen but maybe it's just me.
    It never does. Thats the biggest reason for Milans militia spam armies. Once Milan gets a castle or 2 it starts producing much better armies.
    Creator of:

Average British Student

First i seen French have couple of cavalry units when i was the english
    And Lusted your modding work is great as usual (bookmark 2.0 of LTC)

First i seen French have couple of cavalry units when i was the english
    The French have their ai unit recruitment thing set to smith, which produces the most balanced armies so they generally do produce ones with a few cav in them

And Lusted your modding work is great as usual (bookmark 2.0 of LTC)
    Why ty.
    Creator of:

so ..... darthmod doesnt fix this? i used this mod because his rtw mod was stellar! still the game has only been out for a little while. im sure when hes done it will be the uberest(yes i said uuuberist) mod.

:hmmm: i guess i should just use lusteds mod. thnx for the info lusted

i guess i should just use lusteds mod. thnx for the info lusted
    Those pics are taken from test campaigns i've done for 2.0, so wait until i release 2.0(sometimes next week) before downloading my mod.
    Creator of:

Korinthos Hoplites's Avatar Centenarius

What's this? You're advertising your mod here?

Quote Originally Posted by Lusted View Post
    Those pics are taken from test campaigns i've done for 2.0, so wait until i release 2.0(sometimes next week) before downloading my mod.

woops already did it LOL.