Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: AD: Bugs Thread

Default Re: AD: Bugs, suggestions and discussion thread

great mod thx.
    best mod i faced until now - thx a lot. I hope you will include real-combat in 1.0.
    One bug i think i've found:
    after a siege in york that i raised in the next turn york is releived but is auto-adminstered and i cant uncheck the button. all other towns i can admin myself. shall i send the save game somewhere or is this a known issue?

Did you check the "manage all settlements" at the starting screen of your campaign?

♔ST0MPA♔'s Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Re Berengario I View Post
    hmmm... the year? When did the crashed happen (your turn, AI turn, battle, strategical map, while you went to bathroom)?
    ok it happens around the years 1094 or 1093 it happend during the end of Byzentine turn. also try this, start a fight so you get the menu to choose between auto calc and battle feild, before you press anything while the menu is still up select esc and quit, go to the main menu and go to continue battle, this also gives me an unavoidable crash. remember im playing as spain, on m/m also i only have the starting regions.

edit: Also in all my games the HRE is destroyed after about 6 turns without fail
    Last edited by ♔ST0MPA♔; February 11, 2007 at 08:55 PM.
    "Yeah tho I walk through the valley of the shadow of death; I shall fear no evil... for I'm the meanest sonofa in the valley."

If I want to have the vanilla fertility, wich folder/s I have to change?

Quote Originally Posted by ST0MPA View Post
    ok it happens around the years 1094 or 1093 it happend during the end of Byzentine turn. also try this, start a fight so you get the menu to choose between auto calc and battle feild, before you press anything while the menu is still up select esc and quit, go to the main menu and go to continue battle, this also gives me an unavoidable crash. remember im playing as spain, on m/m also i only have the starting regions.

edit: Also in all my games the HRE is destroyed after about 6 turns without fail
    Hmmm sincerely the HRE part makes me think that you have some conflicts with other files, did you install it over a clean MTW2 folder (1.1 patched or not) or did you use other mod/files etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve-le-Grand View Post
    If I want to have the vanilla fertility, wich folder/s I have to change?
    \data\terrain\aerial_map\ground_types

Because there are generals in every town i didnt notice that - and i'm starting the game after a longer period of absence. In Vanilla it was way too easy to conquer half of europe - so your mod gives me hope, to play a more historic game and have a medieval experience.
    Some suggestions:
    1. The HRE is historically much more difficult to play:
    There was more a electors system than a heritage-system, no emperor (Kaiser) could be sure that his son was to inherite the crown. The emperor was crowned by the Pope to become the emperor. In Germany he was only crowned as a king (in Aachen near cologne, which is on the map). The son usually was crowned in Aachen (by a german cardinal/Bishop) while his father was still the emperor! But the Bishops and nobles usually had to be bribed (by his father) in order to vote for him.
    After the emperor died, the son had to travel to rome to get emperors crown by the pope. That should be a task when an emperor died.
    The emperor never had control of the whole HRE.
    In the beginning there were the i think 5 Duchies (saxonia, franconia, schwaben, lotharingen, bavaria) that were struggeling for the crown. Later (after about 1200) these duchies themselves fell apart politically. Maybe we could make 5 factions within the HRE -each with about 2-3 provinces. The best thing would be that a duke that gets a majority of these five can be elected Kaiser. If he manages by bribes to let his son be elected as the king there is a big 90% propability that his son will inherite the crown.
    About 1350 Kaiser Karl IV of the Luxemburg-Dynasty made a constitution (die goldene Bulle) where only the electors (Kurfürsten) 3 of which were Bishops and 3 of which were lords had to elect the Kaiser. These had to be bribbed too to get the crown.
    Do you think that can be done? Or at least part of it? Then i would provide more info about that.
    I will post that on your events-threat too.
    Last edited by oho; February 12, 2007 at 06:37 AM.

My only real problem with this mod, besides a few glitches here and there, is the fact that each turn takes a veyr long time to end...and I'm talking about when you click for the turn to end.

Im trying the campaign as Jimenez-Borgoña (Kingdom of Castille-Leon) and its pretty difficult due to a few factors. No.1 I still dont understand the economy all that well, No.2 keeping loyalty of generals, and everything in order is a bit harder than expected, No.3 paying for an army to go and take over new land is outrageously expensive..almost no factions are able to finance expeditions except for the rather larger ones (which is, albeit, more realistic) and finally rebel gorups keep popping up everywhere. I'm sincerely even having trouble by just trying to turtle myself and my economy a bit but it all takes so long, and ending a turn is so slow that its kind of a turn-off to hit enter. :&

P.S. Nice mod.
    P.S.S. I'm running a 2 GB RAM comp, 256 MB Vid Card, good FSB speed, dual core, etc, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Re Berengario I View Post
    \data\terrain\aerial_map\ground_types
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mikel View Post
    My only real problem with this mod, besides a few glitches here and there, is the fact that each turn takes a veyr long time to end...and I'm talking about when you click for the turn to end.

Im trying the campaign as Jimenez-Borgoña (Kingdom of Castille-Leon) and its pretty difficult due to a few factors. No.1 I still dont understand the economy all that well, No.2 keeping loyalty of generals, and everything in order is a bit harder than expected, No.3 paying for an army to go and take over new land is outrageously expensive..almost no factions are able to finance expeditions except for the rather larger ones (which is, albeit, more realistic) and finally rebel gorups keep popping up everywhere. I'm sincerely even having trouble by just trying to turtle myself and my economy a bit but it all takes so long, and ending a turn is so slow that its kind of a turn-off to hit enter. :&

P.S. Nice mod.
    P.S.S. I'm running a 2 GB RAM comp, 256 MB Vid Card, good FSB speed, dual core, etc, etc.
    The AI turns are slower because of the huge amount of things that happen in comparison to vanilla. Everything comes at a price. BUT you have a lot more of things to do in your turn than Vanilla (where you just have to recruit armies and little else).

This mod is also a lot more difficult and realistic, rebels vassals and nobles were everywhere and actually 90% of battles were "civil wars" in middle age. Yep invading another country is expensive and that's why the 100 years wars lasted 100 years for example. Every new King of England had to smash rebellions, then he accumulated money to recruit troops and went to France, some battles, some slight shifting of borders, money finished, truce and back to England.

Ledhead's Avatar Tiro

A bug?!
    After a few turns with Poland, in the campaign map, the faction button, the mission button, the build unit button and the end turn button gor "inactive", they were impossible to press...

The harbor for Syracus blocks the straits of Messina. (The program decideds where the harbors go on it's own, right? So naturally it choses the one to be the bigest pest)

Quote Originally Posted by Ledhead View Post
    A bug?!
    After a few turns with Poland, in the campaign map, the faction button, the mission button, the build unit button and the end turn button gor "inactive", they were impossible to press...
    You have a faction event to accept or refuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Dux Bob View Post
    The harbor for Syracus blocks the straits of Messina. (The program decideds where the harbors go on it's own, right? So naturally it choses the one to be the bigest pest)
    If only the ships of the faction which owns Syracus can pass I'd hardly call it a bug

I saved a game as Spanish, I turned off the game and logged off the computer. Now I'm back on, I try to re-load the game but every time I try it (either saved game or autosave) the game crashes.

So I guess I lost hours of gameplay because..of...well..I dunno how to fix this. =&

Quote Originally Posted by Mikel View Post
    I saved a game as Spanish, I turned off the game and logged off the computer. Now I'm back on, I try to re-load the game but every time I try it (either saved game or autosave) the game crashes.

So I guess I lost hours of gameplay because..of...well..I dunno how to fix this. =&
    You can send me a PM with attached your system.log.txt so I can have a look at it.

played HRE for a while and it "feels" pretty realistic, the struggles with the rebel cities in norhtern italy and in germany. The HRE is pretty big and so i get a lot of money each trn my army is in a town. Maybe its still too easy. Could you implement something like the election and the different duchies in a way? The dynasty comes from a certain duchy and takes over the HRE. Right now it seems a bit too strong.

One thing: I played, as you advised, on normal level and there are in my opinion too much good heirs offered, each turn 1.
    Maybe its a good idea (if not already implemented - i dont know) to let the heirs with their guard cost a certain amount of money - according to their military value - so that i have to think about it, wether to accept another heir or not - maybe one could tell the costs on the screen. Right now its only klicking "accept" and another character is hired - thats not too interesting.

But still its a great mod - thanks a lot - vanilla is now no option for me
    any more.

Ledhead's Avatar Tiro

Ohh, hmm...my rep here must be sinking fast huh?
    Well I already started a new campaign and the mod so far is great!
    Thx a million everybody involved!

Quote Originally Posted by oho View Post
    played HRE for a while and it "feels" pretty realistic, the struggles with the rebel cities in norhtern italy and in germany. The HRE is pretty big and so i get a lot of money each trn my army is in a town. Maybe its still too easy. Could you implement something like the election and the different duchies in a way? The dynasty comes from a certain duchy and takes over the HRE. Right now it seems a bit too strong.

One thing: I played, as you advised, on normal level and there are in my opinion too much good heirs offered, each turn 1.
    Maybe its a good idea (if not already implemented - i dont know) to let the heirs with their guard cost a certain amount of money - according to their military value - so that i have to think about it, wether to accept another heir or not - maybe one could tell the costs on the screen. Right now its only klicking "accept" and another character is hired - thats not too interesting.

But still its a great mod - thanks a lot - vanilla is now no option for me
    any more.
    Still you're not playing the HRE, you're playing the Salis-Hohenstaufen dinasty. This means that if one of the six electoral regions will slip out of your control your heir WILL NOT BE THE HRE EMPEROR until you won't conquer them again.

This is pretty historical and the only system with the actual MTW2 engine to simulate how the hRE did work. In the future, CA willing, we'll see...

Would it be possible to mod the cavalry to baulk when charging set pikes?

Would it be possible to make the Papal State unrest go up when the Pope is not a Papal States Cardinal?