Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: AD: Bugs Thread

Default Re: AD 0.92 - Bugs, suggestions and discussion thread

hey...i like see this map..more country on Anno_Domini_0.92b_BETA..BUT,problem are my very ugly english and know not how i can work it..can team of here or (Re Berengario I) build a new install to it?? please..RegionsProvincesMod_v2.1 are good and easy install..sorry my poor english and stupid..lol
    Last edited by Baxon7; January 30, 2007 at 08:09 AM.

Final version will have an installer and will require a blank installation of MTW2 (just copy and paste your original MTW2 directory if you want to preserve Vanilla, I tried and it works perfectly).

hello guys,

great fun and (almost) no pb with the 0.92 version.

Lately i play as Venitia. I took jerusalem with my leader heir. When my leader died. But my new leader (in jerusalem) never got the titles he should have inhérited. I had to wait for him to die before his son (also based in jerusalem) got them. How is it ?

And at a time my rep. was the worst possible. worst than despisable) Nonethless no one attacked me. And i sufered no unrest. So what the point making so much efforts for having a good rep. ?

Wolfcp11's Avatar Senator

No major issues, but i notice that during diplomacy and with some agents, they default to the English voice use. Not a big bug, but a little odd
    "Quotation is a serviceable substitute for wit." -Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by numhone View Post
    hello guys,

great fun and (almost) no pb with the 0.92 version.

Lately i play as Venitia. I took jerusalem with my leader heir. When my leader died. But my new leader (in jerusalem) never got the titles he should have inhérited. I had to wait for him to die before his son (also based in jerusalem) got them. How is it ?

And at a time my rep. was the worst possible. worst than despisable) Nonethless no one attacked me. And i sufered no unrest. So what the point making so much efforts for having a good rep. ?
    Ancillaries can be a max of 8 so if the slots are already occupied you're out of luck. It's a harcoded thing very little we can do except removing the possibility for faction leaders and heirs to acquire other ancillaries. Probably this will be the choice once we'll revise the ancillary system.

For the rest 0.92 is very, very mild... in 1.0 you'll have a real struggle (more internal than external depending on your military power, we don't want suicidal AI).

Some turkish letters like "ı", appears like "I" in the game. Can you change the names of these because they look ugly. I don't think they're in other muslim names because it is a special charachter.
    eg. it should be hizir not HIzIr.

Despite being an infidel i will offer you a fair fight

Quote Originally Posted by Sultan Saigon View Post
    Some turkish letters like "ı", appears like "I" in the game. Can you change the names of these because they look ugly. I don't think they're in other muslim names because it is a special charachter.
    eg. it should be hizir not HIzIr
    I'll look into it. Make a list of them please.

dana_halil : it is meaningless dana means a little cow. halil should be enough.dana seems to be a nick maybe he's too fat

drevis --> dervis
    HIzIr --> hizir
    kasIm --> kasim duplicate name there is already kasim
    KIlavuz -> kilavuz
    Pas_ayig_id -> yigid pasa
    yag_ci-amca -> yagci should be a surname. and amca means uncle??!(father's brother) or an elder person

women names
    husni --> husni'e
    inan_pasa --> it is a male name
    kaba_pasa --> it is a male name
    nasIra --> nasira
    pas_abegi --> male name
    selcuk --> should be a male name

and can you add mongols as a pagan nation? and they use middle_eastern buildings set. maybe you can make a unique steppe setting. If it won't be too much work for you

Mid 1300 report and observations:

Scotland and England join nearly every crusade but their armies never move from great Britain. In fact, I have yet to see them use the land bridge at all and a boat only once to land forces on the continent. I do know the land bridge works in both directions as I have used it.

A Turkish army as become "stuck" in mid crossing of the southern Bosporus land bridge.

All nations are stagnant other than the Papal states who aggressively attack any rebel control settlements that are connected via land to one they already control.

Hungary is on the verge of dying out as it continues to lose settlements when the governors die off.

The Lesser Faction forces have done nothing but cluster since they appeared and the AI factions have never attacked them any where. See the follow pictures:

http://www.pactusaquilus.com/images/0000.png
    http://www.pactusaquilus.com/images/0001.png
    http://www.pactusaquilus.com/images/0002.png
    http://www.pactusaquilus.com/images/0003.png
    http://www.pactusaquilus.com/images/0004.png

I am awaiting the arrival of the Timurids to see how they will interact with the Lesser Faction forces.

I continue to hold off on "winning" and maintain 22 territories, although, I would take Jerusalem and Damascus should they rebel from Turkish control.

My biggest challenge is in controling settlements that dramatically drop in happiness when a governor dies. So, I maintain 2 governors in nearly every city. Most of them being true family members.

billydilly's Avatar Senator

Hi,

I have just started a campaign in AD 0.93 Beta with England, and the first thing I notice is the fact that King William has a son called William of Normandy, aged 26 and Heir, and another called Robert. Also "William of Normandy, 26 yrs" is in London

From Wikipedia:
    William was succeeded in 1087 as King of England by his younger son William Rufus and as Duke of Normandy by his elder son Robert Curthose. This led to the Rebellion of 1088. His youngest son Henry also became King of England later, after William II died without a child to succeed him.

Shouldn't it be:
    Prince William Rufus, Heir
    Robert of Normandy
    Henry (underage)

And apparently William Rufus was younger than Robert.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700. GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Armor 8G. RAM: Corsair Vengance, 16Gb HD: Kingston SSD 240Gb (System), Samsung 850 Evo SSD 500Gb (Steam), Western Digital 500Gb. PSU: Corsair CX600W

Quote Originally Posted by billydilly View Post
    Shouldn't it be:
    Prince William Rufus, Heir
    Robert of Normandy
    Henry (underage)
    Where did it differ from AD campaign? :hmmm:

Default Re: AD: Bugs, suggestions and discussion thread

Well,
    in AD 0.93 Beta:
    - Rufus is called William of Normandy, not William Rufus.
    - Robert is supposed to be Duke of Normandy (at least after William the Conquerors death).
    - Henry is missing.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700. GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Armor 8G. RAM: Corsair Vengance, 16Gb HD: Kingston SSD 240Gb (System), Samsung 850 Evo SSD 500Gb (Steam), Western Digital 500Gb. PSU: Corsair CX600W

Rufus is a surname (meaning "the red") his name was William, Robert is governor in Rouen and Henry is present but still of minor age. I'm still not able to catch where the problem is.

You're absolutly right, my mistake, sorry

Great mod though, I've just had a huge battle at Bruges and I'm currently besieging northern Wales.

I have 3 things to say:

1. this mod is exelent.
    2. The time between two turn is very long (30sec-1min)
    3 Is that normal?:hmmm:

(the green part)

♔ST0MPA♔'s Avatar Ordinarius

Im getting lots of crashes i cant resolve. playing as spain m/m sorry thats all i can tell you
    Last edited by ♔ST0MPA♔; February 11, 2007 at 09:23 AM.
    "Yeah tho I walk through the valley of the shadow of death; I shall fear no evil... for I'm the meanest sonofa in the valley."

Quote Originally Posted by Steve-le-Grand View Post
    I have 3 things to say:

1. this mod is exelent.
    2. The time between two turn is very long (30sec-1min)
    3 Is that normal?:hmmm:

(the green part)
    1) Thanks!

2) Yep, it's because there's a lot of scripted stuff working in background. But it's compensated by the fact you have a lot more things to do in the strategic map.

3) I really hated the checkered pattern CA used for fields so I used 2 different textures to represent fertile fields.

Quote Originally Posted by ST0MPA View Post
    Im getting lots of crashes i cant resolve. playing as spain m/m sorry thats all i can tell you
    hmmm... the year? When did the crashed happen (your turn, AI turn, battle, strategical map, while you went to bathroom)?

Quote Originally Posted by Re Berengario I View Post
    3) I really hated the checkered pattern CA used for fields so I used 2 different textures to represent fertile fields.
    Yeah, that's fine but I think that's a little bit too green.