Page 1 of 19 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: AD: Bugs Thread

Default AD: Bugs Thread

Anno Domini 0.92 includes:

- new character names for every playable faction.
    - regions assigned to their historical owners for the date of 1080. So for example both Naples and Antioch would be Byzantine even if with the new distance from capital modifiers they tend to rebel in the very first turns (historically correct and I'm pretty pleased of it). This would make happy eastern-lover players as they'll have all the provinces of Kievan Rus (it splitted starting from 1116 not 1080).
    - the first entries in the historical events script: the attack of the Pechenegs to Trace in 1085, the attack of the Georgians to Tbilisi, the attack of El Cid to Valencia (he wasn't there in 1080 ).
    - rebel forces representing tribes and minor powers added together with their historical rulers (as the Armenian in Adana and Edessa for exemple or the Bishob Anselmo di Lucca in Florence).
    - inclusion of Darth Vader Lite Mod 1.1 (a great hurrah for his wonderful work who he gladly puts at benefit of all TW community)
    - introduction of Orientis VnV fix (he was very nice to allow us the inclusion of his files).
    - noth you and the AI can recruits generals from castles, fortresses and citadels (let's see if it can reduce silly adoptions).
    - events replaced correctly in the bigger map
    - crusade/jihad targets have autogarrison scripts for more epic sieges (to be extended to capitol cities).
    - growth and income rates rebalanced (hopefully for the better).

- COMPLETELY REVISED AI SYSTEM
    Ok, a bit of explanation is needed. Basically the system is based on Global Reputation of the factions. The worse your Global Reputation is the more the probability other factions will go for you.

What makes the global reputation decrease:

- Grabbing a settlement. Grabbing a region makes the other factions look at the you with suspect because of the expansionist behaviour. Grabbing a settlement of the opposite religion (islamic for catholic/orthodox or the other wasy round) gives a lesser reputation hit because of the prestige due to being the defenser of the faith.

- All transgression like walking with troops in foreign ground without permission, undeclared attacks, etc (same things than in Vanilla).

- Sign an alliance with factions of opposite faiths. Do it at your peril!

- Having faction leader and other named characters with poor command, loyalty/authority, chivalry and piety.

- Being excommunicated

What makes the global reputation increase:

- Every turn it increses a small bit for every region owned. (probably this will be substituted by increases linked to titles).

- Have your faction winning a crusade/jihad (I also fixed some missing Jihad triggers)

- Having faction leader and other named characters with good command, loyalty/authority, chivalry and piety.

THE LIST IS NOT COMPLETE AND A LOT OF OTHER THINGS WILL BE INCLUDED IN FUTURE RELEASES as king titles, building some extraordinary buildings, historic events, etc...

Other than having the other factions going for you, a bad global reputation also makes your general losing loyalty. In next releases it will also cause the spawning of rebellions in your territories. Btw, the AI will play with your same rules, except a small AI bias against the real warmongering human players.

For sure the new system will need some serious tweakings and balancing but the logic is settled. It should discourage warmongering and give importance to the personal traits of the characters.

This new AI will not mean Shaba's is not working on his new release. It's another thing aimed to the strategical lovers. We're planning to release two different versions of AD if both AI will work as we hope they will.
    Last edited by Re Berengario I; February 10, 2007 at 08:35 AM.

Default Re: AD 0.92 - Bugs, suggestions and discussion thread

Noticed the first problem, here's an image for you:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...manGeneral.jpg

Edit: Sorry, blah, didn't explain the issue. As you can see from the image though, the German general pictured on the screen is using an English character skin.

Also, I can recruit General's Bodyguard units (1 / 5 turns) at Rouen.
    Last edited by Yuri Zhivago; January 07, 2007 at 07:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri Zhivago View Post
    Also, I can recruit General's Bodyguard units (1 / 5 turns) at Rouen.
    Not a bug, read above.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...manGeneral.jpg

Edit: Sorry, blah, didn't explain the issue. As you can see from the image though, the German general pictured on the screen is using an English character skin.

Edit: Read that general's name. I don't like him being named "Gotfried von Bollein" even if he historically was at HRE service.
    Last edited by Re Berengario I; January 07, 2007 at 07:18 AM.

Ah, right. Apologies. I thought in the above list you meant you could recruit named General's / characters rather than bodyguard units.

And yes, I see now. Godfrey, nice to see the crusader generals in the game, excellent!

Ah, right. Apologies. I thought in the above list you meant you could recruit named General's / characters rather than bodyguard units.

And yes, I see now. Godfrey, nice to see the crusader generals in the game, excellent!
    We will try to include the more historical events and characters as possible (due MTW2 engine and scripting limitations).

We think it adds a LOT to the gameplay immersion.

In the next subversion we hope to being able to show an event popup to warn the player about what's happening. Stay tuned!

I've got CTD after about 15 turns during rebel turn. Or may be it is erlated even to start o my turn because CTD happens after their counter siege attack. And after this battle in a few seconds game crashes. I only updated Darth Mod to 1.2 but i didn't replace diplomacy files.
    I can send you save if you'll give your e-mail

Quote Originally Posted by outlander View Post
    I've got CTD after about 15 turns during rebel turn. Or may be it is erlated even to start o my turn because CTD happens after their counter siege attack. And after this battle in a few seconds game crashes. I only updated Darth Mod to 1.2 but i didn't replace diplomacy files.
    I can send you save if you'll give your e-mail
    Unluckily when you mix files you are of no help because I can't know what is changed-overwritten-erased by them and what not and I don't have the time to learn to memory every mod around

For example it's not just the diplomacy files from Dart Mod 1.1 which are different from AD 0.92 but the buildings too and a couple more that I merged by hand.

So if you change what I put in the release you're up to yourself, sorry.

I didn't change building file but OK I'll start a new campaign with only your mod. 0.91 with Darth Mod 1.2 was working fine.

And by the way. I think you should enhance Rus' a bit. I think you can add a few provinces. But the way it is now is very interesring for gameplay and we can think that other small towns just belong to big cities. It reflects the "knyazhestva" system. But to balance this system I'm sure that more trade resourses should be added(doubled at least) and there should be more population growth because it's not just city but "knyazhestvo"(however more trading resourses my be will increase it). As for new resourses Chernigov, Kiev should have at least 2 grain resourses each because of there geographical position and large territory. Also in Kiev there should be coul.

PS. I've looked down Darth and your mod and found my mistake. I replaced mercenary file and I think it could be the reason for my CTD, so sorry for false report.
    Last edited by outlander; January 07, 2007 at 03:01 PM.

15 years on with spain, going nicely... Did a little blitzkrieg and got all iberian peninsula except for Portugal's (my allies, quite passive, didn't go for Lisbon in the first 8 turns) regions, and jerusalem...

El Cid showed up, would have been cool, except Valencia was already under christian (my) domain...

Quote Originally Posted by Erioluk View Post
    15 years on with spain, going nicely... Did a little blitzkrieg and got all iberian peninsula except for Portugal's (my allies, quite passive, didn't go for Lisbon in the first 8 turns) regions, and jerusalem...
    Which is your global reputation? (You can see it from the diplomacy panel)

And how's going the loyalty of your generals?

Quote Originally Posted by Erioluk View Post
    El Cid showed up, would have been cool, except Valencia was already under christian (my) domain...
    Did he try to siege Valencia though?
    Last edited by Re Berengario I; January 07, 2007 at 03:41 PM.

Just started with HRE campaign. So far good, only have little lag when looking at full stack rebel unit, but maybe it is hmy rig issue, so i will sort it out in few days...

One bug found, Hungarian princess bringing news from England... looks that it is using English voice model instead of Hungarian

Quote Originally Posted by JaM View Post
    One bug found, Hungarian princess bringing news from England... looks that it is using English voice model instead of Hungarian
    Not a bug. It's you who didn't copy the vanilla sound files in the modded dir.

About the lag, the elaboration times are a lot huger than vanilla due to the map size, scripts and overall complexity.

Wednesday i will change my Sempron 2800+ for Core 2 Duo, so it will make a difference (at least i hope)

BTW, quite a lot of addoptions at the start of the game, every turn one new member, 16 Years old, quite good stats (not like those pesky guverners in every city/castle)

Quote Originally Posted by JaM View Post
    BTW, quite a lot of addoptions at the start of the game, every turn one new member, 16 Years old, quite good stats (not like those pesky guverners in every city/castle)
    Since adoptions cannot be removed we fixed them at 16 years so they'd be useful at least.

Sorry for off topic, but i just installed my new C2D processor. By mistake i bought ECC RAM modules and my MB (Asus P5B Deluxe) dont support them. Co I called to my vendor if is possible to switch them for nonECC. They told me that iti is possible and i have to send them memory modules.It happened at wednestay. Till today my new HW was on shelf. I was little bit curious what will happen if you will put ECC memorys in nonECC MB, so i tried AND THEY WORKS! I feel so stupid, that i didnt tried it earlier... So now i'm able to test your mod on my new computer. So far quite fast, no lags.
    Last edited by JaM; January 07, 2007 at 07:00 PM.

So far generally ok. I have had one CTD on turn 24

I have a log with trace on but the file is huge as you would imagine. I have copied in the log from the last 15/16 lines of the log file.

01:58:03.265 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <magician_pagan_vnv_trigger> fired
    01:58:03.265 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <agents26> fired
    01:58:03.265 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <false_documents_vnv_trigger> fired
    01:58:03.265 [game.script.anc] [trace] Ancillary <false_documents> not added - chance 66, random 9 - but could not be received
    01:58:03.265 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <false_documents_vnv_trigger> fired
    01:58:03.265 [game.script.anc] [trace] Ancillary <false_documents> not added - chance 66, random 20 - but could not be received
    01:58:03.265 [game.script.anc] [trace] Ancillary <false_documents> not added - chance 66, random 65 - but could not be received
    01:58:03.281 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 10698 in mods/AD_0.92a_beta/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    01:58:03.281 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 10717 in mods/AD_0.92a_beta/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    01:58:03.281 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <engage_armies> at line 10717 in mods/AD_0.92a_beta/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    01:58:03.296 [bink] [debug] [mods/AD_0.92a_beta/data/fmv/faction/minor_win.bik]Pause on
    01:58:03.296 [bink] [debug] [mods/AD_0.92a_beta/data/fmv/faction/minor_win.bik]Pause on
    01:58:03.500 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

To try and resolve I have copied the relevant file to mods/AD_0.92a_beta/data/fmv/faction/ - still the same. I have set all reverences to videos off in config file.

I have extracted a fresh copy from the archive into the Medieval II Total War folder and tried again with that save game and a parallel save game (still the same)

I have tried on a completely clean install of the game, and installed AD from archive again and still the same. Always have a back up

It was end of turn in 1091 Sicily campaign, a character was on Crusade at sea if that helps at all.

I have attached the save game - I can add the full log if you want it.
    Last edited by Rhisiart_ap_Pedr; February 03, 2007 at 07:07 PM.

Angevin Empire | AD 0.93 | England
    Experimental AAR & Dynasty Log

I fear there is some silly error like a missing bracket or a slightly mistyped named. Problem is that CA in his mighty wisdom didn't instruct the program to dump something like "String missing xxxxxxx" or "Offending string xxxxxxxxx" or "String xxxxxxxxxx expected yyyyyyyyy", so having changed about all the names is really a delightful job finding it out.

I've started new game and got CTD after turn 23. The end of log file is exactly the same as Rhisiart_ap_Pedr posted.

In my game where I messed up with DarthMod 1.2 the ending is the same.
    Last edited by outlander; January 08, 2007 at 03:32 AM.

Icon1 Re: AD 0.92 - Bugs, suggestions and discussion thread

I test 82 turn...

fortunately, There was not CTD.

But, HRE,Rus are very very stronger...
    therefore 30 years(60 turn) destroyed venice, millan from HRE
    nevertheless, England make war for France.
    Spain start fighting, attacked Cordoba..(nearly 42~45 turn,)

I think add more region for Africa, Turkey, Middle East.
    because, It compares in Europe and the area lacks too.

I satisfied. Great!
    Last edited by PAX ROMANA; January 08, 2007 at 03:34 AM.

Re Berengario I, might I suggest you post your grand vision and in-game changes you have made so that we your play testers are better able to test/see what you are thinking.

I would also caution against making the game exactly simulate real history as then the question comes up of what's the point. Rather, the simulation of the possibilities of real history are what make it interesting. In other words, I believe the earthquakes and other natural disasters are set to occur as they did in history which means that an astute player can avoid them to some degree by not taking a city until after the time of it's natural disaster.

I guess what I am saying is that personally I prefer a system where the events of real history are possible in a random fashion and may occur in non-historical locations as well, otherwise we are but repeating history.

Reports:
    As the al-Fatimiyyun, on turn two I decided to lay siege to Urshalim with my main army. It was defended by a general and 2 units. The next turn Urshalim was now full with 21 units and the general. I decided to replay the previous turn and not attack.

On turn 3 of the game, al-Murabitun and the House of Borgonha-Alfonsina allied. I know this is possible but just seemed rather odd to happen so soon.

Page 1 of 19 1234567891011 ... LastLast