Thread: Launch Issues

IK-99's Avatar Laetus

Default Launch Issues

I'm having some toruble with the game, I've installed it following the steps. However when I go to launch the game after pressing the shortcut nothing happens. Nothing launches not even the base games.

Any suggestions.

IK-99's Avatar Laetus

Default Re: Launch Issues

I'm running a windows 7 64bit laptop. I've run the mod before with no issues but having reinstalled it now doesnt work. The game is patched to 1.6.

Gäiten's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Do you have the STEAM version installed?

Invasio Barbarorum: Ruina Roma Development Leader - Art made by Joar -Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

IK-99's Avatar Laetus

No I'm using the disc versions and I've downloaded patches

Gäiten's Avatar Protector Domesticus

You wrote that the game worked once, did it?

Did you de-installed some time ago and you installed it again, but have the Problem now?

If yes, I think the reason could be a Windows 7 update which was published sometime ago. It killed the copy protection mechanism (game checked if you have a proper non-copied disc), this was identified as a dangerous Loop malware could use to get Access to your Computer.

You may either de-install this windows-update (is a risk) or buy the STEAM variant, here you do not have this problem anymore.

Invasio Barbarorum: Ruina Roma Development Leader - Art made by Joar -Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by IK-99 View Post
    I'm having some toruble with the game, I've installed it following the steps. However when I go to launch the game after pressing the shortcut nothing happens. Nothing launches not even the base games.

Any suggestions.
    This is what I have done, it's up to you whether you want to or not as it presents a tiny risk to security, I did this 2+ years ago and not had any issues >>>>>on your desktop click on start> type "cmd" in searchbox> at the top of the window right click on cmd> click on "run as admin"> click on "yes" in window that pops up> type in the next window exactly what I write including spaces> sc config secdrv start= auto....press "enter"....now type> sc start secdrv...and press "enter" again....close window and you are good to go. Alternatively as Gaiten say's use Steam.

NB: This does not work on Windows 10
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; January 26, 2018 at 07:18 AM. Reason: update
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre