Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rome Tool

Default Re: Rome Tool

Thank you the real aim of this topic had been forgotten from long time.

The warning is about the bat files, which the antivirus detect as parite virus, but it is not a virus.
    Now let's stop talking about this damn ed subject.

You look for some responces, and i can give you that Now.

¤ Bizzare !!! Are you sure that you can't edit buildings list for carthage ???
    I know that in the soft, there is some buildings that can not be built by carthage (in game we can do
    that) it's a small problem that can be easily resolved by adding building to faction.
    If the problem percists sent a snapshot pleeez
    ¤ Rome Tool can't, for the moment, edit traits and ancillaries
    Last edited by HemilcoBarca; April 03, 2007 at 01:16 PM.

In parte operis mei licet mihi praefari, bellum maxime omnium memorabile quae unquam gesta sint me scripturum, quod Hannibale duce Carthaginienses cum populo Romano gessere. Nam neque ualidiores opibus ullae inter se ciuitates gentesque contulerunt arma neque his ipsis tantum unquam uirium aut roboris fuit.

I can't run it properly, Mcafee just comes up saying "Virus Repaired" and I cant do anything to stop it.

Surely, your antivirus had removed the executable files.
    Reinstall the tool and don't let ur antiv. delete any of the installed files .

In parte operis mei licet mihi praefari, bellum maxime omnium memorabile quae unquam gesta sint me scripturum, quod Hannibale duce Carthaginienses cum populo Romano gessere. Nam neque ualidiores opibus ullae inter se ciuitates gentesque contulerunt arma neque his ipsis tantum unquam uirium aut roboris fuit.

Wait- Does this extract music from the game? If it does, thats probably why your programs thinks it's a virus.

The program is based on DELPHI and It included two programs made by Vercingetorix (to extract music & pictures) which can be detected as virus because they are BATCH files and only because of their extension .bat (a common way to create virus).

The warnings given by ur antivirus are false.

PS: this is the last time i ll reply on virus warning posts, i m so busy and so tired... i think i had given all explanations(so no more virus responces) many have trusted me and have not been infected by any virus... you can do as them or wait for the future versions (RTR version & Punic TW version)

BigJake's Avatar Tiro

hey HemilcoBarca, i got the same prob as Ciaran S but I couldn't understand the instructions you gave him.

im using RTRPE if that makes any difference?

Updated

some of the things can't be edited at all. can you make sure that we can edit them please? thank you.
    I'M BAAAAACCCCCKKKKKKK!

Quote Originally Posted by supeerme View Post
    some of the things can't be edited at all. can you make sure that we can edit them please? thank you.
    Things like what ???

like units stats and bonus for buildings...
    I'M BAAAAACCCCCKKKKKKK!

Great tool and all, but some parts of the Rome Tool are still in Francais. Such as when I restored the default unit list, all the unit names were in French! Could you revise Rome Tool and translate the parts that you overlooked, s'il vous plait?

Default Rome Tool

Just downloaded rome tool and I cant seem to find the file that you have to put in at the beggining to start rome tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Roman14 View Post
    Just downloaded rome tool and I cant seem to find the file that you have to put in at the beggining to start rome tool.
    Ok I found it never mind.

Quote Originally Posted by !!!Kriegsbagel!!! View Post
    Great tool and all, but some parts of the Rome Tool are still in Francais. Such as when I restored the default unit list, all the unit names were in French! Could you revise Rome Tool and translate the parts that you overlooked, s'il vous plait?

yes i know, those small things need to have a new source code "modified" which will need to be re compilated...
    Whish means many hours of work to spend, and i haven't those free hours to allocate to such task...

In fact i m leading the PTW mod and also developing a Punic Tool version...

If it have to be done this will be modified after PTW coming...

Your tool is great but i have a big proublum I opened your tool and it messed up my dates. Now my game starts at 270AD and ends at 14AD(so the game will never end) I can not change it back and I just reinstalled my game tryed to unlock the factions did not even touch the dates yet the tool changed it.I did not know where to put this so if you could tell me how to fix it.

Nahkis's Avatar Laetus

The download link seems to be broken - when I press the dl button it gives me a download error and says: file not found. Please check your download URL and try again.

sinople's Avatar These Romans are crazy!

Hi all!
    hope you can help...

during the installation process of rome tool are errors.
    They say:
    "unable to create this file: C:\program files\rome tool\fichiers\outils\xidx.exe"
    "unable to create this file: C:\program files\rome tool\fichiers\outils\xpak.exe"
    "unable to create this file: C:\program files\rome tool\rome tool.exe"

"error: ipersistfile.save"

system is windows vista

any help?
    thx and greets

Quote Originally Posted by stehenkra View Post
    Hi all!
    hope you can help...

during the installation process of rome tool are errors.
    They say:
    "unable to create this file: C:\program files\rome tool\fichiers\outils\xidx.exe"
    "unable to create this file: C:\program files\rome tool\fichiers\outils\xpak.exe"
    "unable to create this file: C:\program files\rome tool\rome tool.exe"

"error: ipersistfile.save"

system is windows vista

any help?
    thx and greets
    The problem is that u are using vista (but even with vista this can be resolved if make the user's controls inactive)

Quote Originally Posted by HemilcoBarca View Post
    The problem is that u are using vista (but even with vista this can be resolved if make the user's controls inactive)
    What do you mean with making user controls inactive? I am using a german version of vista, so it would be helpful to be a little more precise, so that i can "translate" for my german vista....

thx and greets

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast