Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [Submod] Agents Revived

Default [Submod] Agents Revived

Agents Revived

This submod brings merchant, priest, heretic, and princess agent back to the game, but in changed roles. The main purpose of this submod is roleplaying and its effect on a game is minimal. It is not strictly historical submod, but I tried to maintain EBII atmosphere.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Princess
    - have new models and portraits (from De Bello Mundi mod)
    - have most of the original traits and ancillaries + few new ones
    - will boost her husband's skills
    - can marry outside faction, even with independent rulers
    - can negotiate, but she gets only offensive traits from it
    - can improve certain traits, but they are locked at second level so for example, if she has the ugly2 trait, she won't be able to improve it.
    - can improve etiquette trait in capital
    - can improve education trait in school
    - can improve physique trait by moving
    - can improve popularity traits outside a city (she must be in "Minor Settlement") or on a resource.

Merchants and priests are replaced by leaders of settlers and migrants, their ancillaries are replaced by different occupations of people in the group and their traits are replaced with statistics about the group.
    They are very similar to each other, but one group has economical goals and another one cultural. Their main piety and finance attributes are replaced with influence and prosperity. Settlers and migrants have both attributes, the secondary attribute is converted into main at reduced ratio.They come from provinces with core factional government (no allied democracies, oligarchies, states or native administrations) so for example, Rome can have 7 migrants and 7 settlers. Doesn't matter if they have only Italy or whole map.
    Their interaction ability was replaced with assimilation with other groups.Depending on what people are in the group, what are doing and how successful group is, they can adopt various ways of life. Ways of life are restricted by culture not a faction so when culture changes, available ways of life will change too. There are two types : Migration (movement bonus but lower prosperity and influence) and Settled (prosperity and influence bonus, but it is lost if group leaves province)

Migration - for leaving province (it is also starting and worst possible way of life).
    Nomadic -migration, have nomads in the group and move at least once per year. (nomadic cultures)
    Transhumance - migration, have herders and move at least once per year. (nomadic, pastoral cultures)
    Settled - for remaining on a resource (both settlers and migrants) for two years.
    Rural -Settled, 2 low-class ancillaries.
    Colonial - settled, low + middle-class ancillaries and in a province with very low culture. ("civilized" and urbanized tribal cultures)
    Trading post - (Settlers only) - Settled, have merchants and in a province at least 30 tiles away from the capital.
    Metropolitan - (Migrants only) In a city (at least stone walls level) for 2 years.
    Urban - Settled, low + middle class + high class + large population.("civilized" and urbanized tribal cultures)
    Tribal (both migration/settled benefits) - low + middle class + warrior class + high class ancillaries. (nomadic, tribal cultures)

Settler (merchant) - - very low cost, little income - usually 50-100, but can earn around 250 at maxed prosperity on a gold resource. AI gets double, but from the way they use settlers, they will earn the same amount as the player. Assimilation chances with other groups are bit lower and they are even more penalized if there is trade agreement between factions so friendly lands should be relatively safe to settle in, except if there is a very large prosperity difference between groups.

Migrant (priest) - low cost, spread culture at the same ratio as governor. AI has less weight on the export of their culture so everyone will deploy them primarily in their own territories.

Independent Group (heretic) - same as migrants, they spread culture at the same ratio as governor, which is very low, but they will lower loyalty of nearby migrants. Independent groups are formed mostly in provinces with allied democracies and oligarchies after some time or from migrants with low loyalty.

Install
    it is not compatible with saves without the submod and only with EBII 2.3 version
    - backup ebii/data/text folder and *.txt and *.xml files in ebii/data/... folder and . Other files are new or they will not affect the game if the mod is uninstalled.
    - copy data folder from archive to ebii folder

Credits
    - EBII team for mod
    - me for submod
    - De Bello Mundi team for strategy models and portraits of princesses
    - Cowrecked for proofreading of the first version

It is the first release of my first mod for m2tw so I apologize for errors.
    Last edited by YourMadDoc; January 25, 2018 at 12:36 PM.

Alex1987's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: [Submod] Agents Revived

Interesting submod, thx for work!
    Candidate of sociological sciences. RUSSIAN LIBERAL OPPOSITIONIST AND ACTIVIST.

You are welcome.

I'm interested to try playing with this, looks like it could be a really enjoyable system

It has some minor flaws here and there, but it is without errors so far and it does work as I imagined.

Dude this is great! I just need to play more to see how it progresses.

Dost start yet, I played around 130 turns and half of AI princesses ended up with the desperate trait so I have man-hunters everywhere lurking around borders and there is a bug in the metropolitan way of life so I will patch it tomorrow and it wont be save game compatible.

Oh cool, good to know. I hadn't gotten beyond the first few turns with that playthrough

I updated package. Fixed bug where "way of life " trait was lost after metropolitan group left a region, balanced chances for traits and cut conversion rate for migrants and independent groups by 1/4.

I just wanted to say, YourMadDoc, I really like this mod. It's simple and unobtrusive, but really adds to the sense of roleplay in the small decisions you make and in seeing those population groups grow and change. I'm enjoying it a lot in my current campaign as the Getai. Thank you for making it, and excellent idea overall!

I'm glad you like it. Please let me know if something doesn't work so I can fix it.

Interesting project. We'll keep an eye on it.
    EBII Council

Nice. I'm quite satisfied with it now, maybe I will tone down independence chances because my colonization of Cisalpine Gaul ended with disaster after one of the established settlements become independent and rest followed their example in next years. I assimilated them again eventually after long years, except one which migrated into the Gaul, which is kind of funny, an enclave of independent "celtized" Romans lives free somewhere in northern Gaul now. Maybe it is a good thing and I leave it be, idk , I will see how it will be later in the game. AI migrants need to be more loyal though, they don't consider factors in submod and when things get out of hand and it is time for some good old ethnic cleaning, they are helpless.

I decided to try out this mod as Sauromatae. As of right now, I've been visited by two or three bearded Pahlavan princesses. At least one of them was wearing a fancy pink hat, which is something. I haven't tried out the settlers and migrants yet (I'm still fairly strapped for cash right now), but I'll see about it soon as I can.

Quote Originally Posted by rhavviepoodle View Post
    I decided to try out this mod as Sauromatae. As of right now, I've been visited by two or three bearded Pahlavan princesses. At least one of them was wearing a fancy pink hat, which is something. I haven't tried out the settlers and migrants yet (I'm still fairly strapped for cash right now), but I'll see about it soon as I can.
    Ohh,I doubt they will found husbands like this. Portraits of steppe princess 1-4 were missing and the can be found here with shaved beards. Pink hat was on strategy map model? Pahlavan princess looks ok in my game. If it is problem with the model or texture all their princesses would have pink hats. Are you sure she wasn't from other faction?

I might have confused a Pontic princess with a Pahlavan princess.

On a side note, I can confirm that client rulers can marry your princesses and become part of your actual family. At this point in my campaign, there had just been a population explosion so my family wasn't really having children. Does anyone know if client rulers married into your family would be able to have children with the same ethnicity? That might allow for some neat interaction with specific things, especially Spartans and the Agoge.

Idk what went wrong, I don't have a pontic princess in game, but she has all files in place.

Children cannot have ethnicities of CR of FM from other factions. CR ethnicities are given when a ruler is created and faction specific ethnicities are faction-restricted. Maybe one day.Just keep children of your CR in the province and replace administration with your own when CR dies because they won't be client rules but your own. I had only one princess in 200 turns and I married her to 60 yo governor on Korsim to get him out off settlement and cause rebellion with my spies and assassins. But my intrigue failed and my princess wasted her life with old flaccid fart.

On a side note, you can also get client rulers into your family tree if he is promoted as "man of the hour" after a great victory. Then he can also get married and have his own family.

James the Red's Avatar Campidoctor

Can princesses become priestesses (as a trait or ancillary)?

There is no trait or ancillary like that, but they are removed at 38 age so I might place some description of event that she has become one. I will probably lower their retirement age to 28 as they can have children only until 40 age. + when I had princess all marriage proposals went for her and noone else got married until she was running around so I don't recommend keeping them free for long.

I have also noticed that independent groups (old heretics) don't spread culture, but instead they remove other cultures. This makes provinces more peacefull and I didnt meant them to be a good thing so I have to patch it this weekend.
    Last edited by YourMadDoc; February 15, 2018 at 04:22 PM.

what a great mod that brings homesickness to EBII!

well done.

but it was intended to settlers and migrants' icons were looked like errors in recruitment pool?[same textures in UI - units] [not info texture]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast