Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: [GS Event] [Third Age - Total Recruitment Patch] Like Rain on the Mountain

Default Re: [GS Event] Like Rain on the Mountain (Total Recruitment HS)

---------------

It seems that in this season , that the speed of the orcs and goblins of the misty mountain was without peer , as they rushed against the walls of helms deep pushing the defenders under the command of Erkenbrand away from the dike , which couldn't be held against such numbers. Forced back to the walls, the civilians were rushed into the caverns behind the ancient fortress whilst the defenders patrolled the walls against the siege that assailed them.

Isengard had promised to move south to mirror there attack , and moved within range of supporting the attack on helms deep , if the orcs of the misty mountain wished to wait , but they might have other matters to deal with , as the dwarfven rhunnic alliance now threatened their eastern borders , so they might have to reallocate their forces and leave earlier, and might wish to hurry the attack. Some of the dunlendings left the main army wishing to revisit there wife's and families to the east, and the small party smashed into a rohan scouting party that was heading southwards near some of the woods.

Unfortunately for the troops of rohan , in the closeness of the trees , with its uncertain ground , the scouts on horseback couldn't use there speed to get clear, and the veteran dunlending warriors charged out with shield and axe felling many of the riders, cutting many down before they could get clear.

One uruk who had sneaked away with the dunlendings proved himself in battle diving headlong into the rohan forces, bringing down over ten of the mighty men , killing the last with his iron shield battering the last opponent to death...for this act, he was given a position of power from the dunlendings who admired his prowness in battle.

The accompanying rohan archer group began to panic against the sudden attack , with some of there more experienced archers letting off a rapid stream of arrows , bring down a few of the dunlendings, but wounding more than a score , before the heavy set armoured warriors, broke into there lines , with gusto swinging there axes left and right , felling many of the lightly armoured archers, before the unit disintegrated as people more feared for their lives than worry about army cohension.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mordor ambush cc.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	341.2 KB 
ID:	357341

This just left rohan with control of the far western lands [2 provinces] and the far upper northwestern lands [3 provinces] near tharbad and the missing army of its leader, which secured that area as well as the besieged helms deep.

Turn to Orcs of misty mountain
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/hr9k04cyip..._M_29.sav?dl=0
    Last edited by paladinbob123; February 12, 2019 at 08:15 AM.
    "War is the continuation of politics by other means." - Carl von Clausewitz

General Dragon.'s Avatar Champion of Dragons
    Gaming Emeritus

Harad up!
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/ozewov

Took Dunharrow (or what) with overwhelming force.

I got the unluckiest retreat you can get in this game.
    Last edited by General Dragon.; February 15, 2019 at 01:36 PM.

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."

REDBOOSTY's Avatar Ducenarius

Rhûn up: https://www.mediafire.com/file/x1y2l...Bn_29.sav/file

Empty village taken (cant remember the name)...
    "I never asked for this, no more than I asked to be king. Yet dare I disregard her? We do not choose our destinies. Yet we must ... we must do our duty, no? Great or small, we must do our duty"

-Stannis Baratheon

bump

sub maybe?

joerock22's Avatar Leader of Third Age HS
    Citizen

Last edited by joerock22; March 07, 2019 at 08:40 PM.

bump

Ramble12's Avatar Domesticus

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_LI...ew?usp=sharing

Dwarves

Gondor takes it's last breath before going into last offensive as all the borders are getting overwhelmed with violent and savage foes...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BWE...ew?usp=sharing
    Last edited by Ramble12; March 12, 2019 at 05:42 PM.

Captainnorway's Avatar Primicerius

Sorry for being late, i’ll play today

Edit:
    Mordor up https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zfR...ew?usp=sharing

The end of the Mountain orcs is coming to an end... hopefully

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dIE...ew?usp=sharing

I'll take over Ruhn due to Jadlis departure, it has been a great journey with him in this hotseat. Playing on the same team and defeating our enemies with little communication, just how I like it
    Last edited by Captainnorway; March 14, 2019 at 08:26 AM.

Last edited by Potatoto; March 15, 2019 at 09:47 AM.

thanks for the googledrive link which did work this time.....it was however a turn for mordor unfortunately so I would ask wether you could resend a googledrive link for isengard turn, please?

Saruman received a message from his allies , the orcs of the misty mountain , that his forces were needed , and they marched the last few leagues with horn and drum to the walls of helms deep arriving in the night. A slow drizzle of rain began to fall , as the defenders of the mighty fortress looked out at the plain of the vast orcs , goblin and now dunlending and uruk , who all shouted out there hate , at the rohan men and women , that held the walls.

Erkenbrand and Eomer looked out at the hordes of evil beings , and other foul things , the two allies had collected to break the fortress of helm hammerhand.

"They will break upon this fortress like water on rock. Saruman's hordes will pillage and burn, we've seen it before. Crops can be resown. Homes rebuilt. Within these walls we will outlast them." , said Erkenbrand , trying to put aside his worry about the current situation , as no word had come from the rohan king.

"They do not come to destroy Rohan’s crops or villages; they come to destroy its people. Down to the last child." , said Eomer , his knowledge of his foe, more certain, from his exploratory scouting along the rim of rohan.

" What would you have me do? Look at my men. Their courage hangs by a thread. If this is to be our end, then I would have them make such an end as to be worthy of remembrance." , said Erkenbrand in a whisper.

"Send out riders, my lord, you must call for aid." , said Eomer , his faith in the rohan king and allies firm.

"And who will come? Elves? Dwarfs? ....... The old alliances are dead." , remarked Erkenbrand his words bitter and angry.

"Gondor will answer!" , said Eomer , his young face , still confidence from his youthful feelings .

"Gondor?! Where was Gondor when the Eastfold fell?! Where was Gondor when our enemies closed in around us?! Where was Gon-? [suddenly regains hold of himself] No, my lord Eomer. We are alone." , said Erkenbrand , with fiery anger and burning eyes, he started to move away , grabbing a spear from a nearby warrior and correcting his stance.

As the week went on , the goblins and uruks began to construct ladders , rams and siege engines as they prepared the way for the grand assault , keeping themselves out of arrow range. The jeers came and went between the two combatants, as finally both sides were reading to finish the siege one way or the other.

In the lull before battle , Eomer had a parley with the Fighting Uruk-Hai, but they called for Erkenbrand to come out,"Bring out your skulking leader!"

"The master of Helms deep stays or comes at his own will," said Eomer.

"Then what are you doing here?" thus answered the Uruk-hai,. "Why do you look out? Do you wish to see the greatness of our army? We are the fighting Uruk-hai!."

"I looked out to see the dawn," said Eomer gazing out to the horizon,

"None knows what the new day shall bring him," said Eomer. "Get you gone, ere it turn to your evil."

"Get down or we will shoot you from the wall," cried the uruk-hai,. "This is no parley. You have nothing to say.''

"I have still this to say," answered Eomer. "No enemy has yet taken the Hornburg. Depart, or not one of you will be spared. Not one will be left alive to take back tidings to the North. You do not know your peril. "

"Get down! Get down from the wall! " , cried from the Uruk hai , as now crossbow bolts were shot at the figure of the rohan lord, but many bolts dropped way before they reached there targets and only a few clattered off the nearby stonework as the roharim lord moved away.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gq5lns6nw1..._M_30.sav?dl=0
    Last edited by paladinbob123; March 17, 2019 at 08:21 AM.

General Dragon.'s Avatar Champion of Dragons
    Gaming Emeritus

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."

joerock22's Avatar Leader of Third Age HS
    Citizen

Redboosty sent me the save on Discord because the site was down earlier today. Cleared save sent to Captainnorway.

REDBOOSTY's Avatar Ducenarius

"I never asked for this, no more than I asked to be king. Yet dare I disregard her? We do not choose our destinies. Yet we must ... we must do our duty, no? Great or small, we must do our duty"

-Stannis Baratheon

Ramble12's Avatar Domesticus

Captainnorway's Avatar Primicerius

Mordor https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ODC...ew?usp=sharing

wasn't able to open gates with a spy so ootmm settlement sieged

Isengard up
    https://www34.zippyshare.com/v/gAezJiyw/file.html

I took E Osgiliath with balista and W Osgiliath with spy and OO

I tried yestaday and tried today with no success in downloading your file...can you perhaps send via googedrive or some other media please?