Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: [GS Event] [Third Age - Total Recruitment Patch] Like Rain on the Mountain

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Default Re: [GS Event] Like Rain on the Mountain (Total Recruitment HS)

Captainnorway's Avatar Primicerius

Sorry for the lateness. I have not been notify.

Isengard up
    https://www31.zippyshare.com/v/nL0hgGub/file.html

Sarumans forces swelled and filled the landscape , as they yelled there hate of the rohan foe , who were couped up in the grounds of isengard [not in orthanc as saruman had the key]. The white wizard himself climbed the side of the mountain, his voice growing with strength as he addressed the men of dunland, and the uruk-hai.

"There .....There lies our dreaded foe....One part of those that have been pursuing us across vale and dale.....Let this be a end of it! Kill them all! Take back isengard!", pronounced Saruman with staff in hand , a shimmering white glow surrounding his form .

The uruks and dunlending yelled there hate , once more, and began to move towards the walls of isengard, against the minor misslefire the rohan defences could putdown, as the uruks surged forward with ladders and one siege tower at hand. Dunlendings moved a ram to the main gate and began to beat out a low drumming tune , for the death of the rohan troops.

Berserkers shoved other uruks aside in there haste to climb the ladders, as the mighty horde, surged to the walls , where the rohan troops meet them. Some ladders were pushed sideways off the walls, causing many dunlendings to fall to massive injuries and death but some berserkers had finally reached the walls where they started to carve out room for more troops to arrive in the desperate melee for the fight for the walls.

"How did it come to this..." , Théoden said , as he moved to the main courtyard of Isengard , checking his weapon and armour were ready, and the last splinters of the gate, burst away , and a swarm of isengard troops poured in , against the hundred defenders of the gate. A score of dunlending wildmen died in the fight at the gate, some trampled over by there own colleagues in their haste to push into the courtyard , as the rohan defensive shieldwall was pushed backwards and grew ever thinner , as it had to cope with the expanding line.

"Hold them!" , cried out Theodren, his words slightly tinged with fear, as he finished cutting down another dunlending trooper with a massive downwards swing , having some little trouble as he was unused to fighting on foot .

But the tide that was isengard couldn't be contained, and it took but a small mistake from a young rohan trooper , unused to the scale of the conflict, as he swung his sword, too high against a uruk , who blocked it with a massive black iron shield. A shield that after he blocked the blow, sent into the young troopers throat, felling him and breaking the line. Yelling with victory, the uruk jumped thought the gap in the line , hacking left and right of him , allowing more and more isengard troops to flow through , as the line fractured , and isengard forces were unleased into the courtyard. On the walls, the rohan company commander called for more troops to hold the wall , lest isengard take the defences, but there was none more troops to send, as Theodren and the last of his men , went into rohans history books.

Saruman entered back into the familiar surroundings of isengard, stepping over the dead bodies of dunlendings, uruks and roharrim, not even giving them the benefit of his attention , as his hands trembled slightly as he took the old black keys placing them, into the lock of Orthanc , and opened up what had been his home , for such a long time , which was now his again. There was still the matter of the rohan king [Théoden's father] in the far northwest with his full armygroup and forces under Erkenbrand , surged together at helms deep, but for now , it was a time to celebrate, and make new plans.....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	return of isen.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	347.8 KB 
ID:	356810

-----------------------------------------

Other Isengard forces , stormed the rohan town of Foldburg, lightly held by some rohan miltia . The companies of dundlending spearmen , smashed the gate open with rams, and swarmed in, killing all living things , in their blood lust. There were likewise other rumours, that a force had moved past the mountain range that separated rohan and gondor, taking a small undefended gondor village of Pinnath Gelin whilst the gondor forces were occupied in fighting mordor and harad.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	foldburg.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	333.2 KB 
ID:	356811

turn to orcs of the misty mountain
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/sew5ej6ngy..._M_27.sav?dl=0
    "War is the continuation of politics by other means." - Carl von Clausewitz

General Dragon.'s Avatar Champion of Dragons
    Gaming Emeritus

Harad up!
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/9uukgb

Taken Edoras and Aldburg (Aldburg with spy). Defeated 2 rohan small army aswell.
    https://imgur.com/a/3FrSNhy

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."

REDBOOSTY's Avatar Ducenarius

"I never asked for this, no more than I asked to be king. Yet dare I disregard her? We do not choose our destinies. Yet we must ... we must do our duty, no? Great or small, we must do our duty"

-Stannis Baratheon

Gaming Emeritus

Ramble12's Avatar Domesticus

Mordor https://drive.google.com/file/d/1d2-...ew?usp=sharing

here's hoping a stack of dwarves are stronger than a stack of goblins...

{Apologies for delay ..under a heavy bout of flu, which I cant shake}

Saruman considered the reports he had received about the orcs of the misty mountain move south and westwards taking Edoras and another of the eastern towns of Rohan by storm , leaving the only significant recruitment centre for the rohirrim to be the Fortress at Helms deep. Moving his forces southwards , Saruman left a adequate garrison at Isengard, as his army group marched southwards. The rather famous village of Gineard , was to be the sight of another battle here, but surprisingly it had rebelled against Rohan rule , as was held now by a small group of humans who gave there allegiance to neither party [makes sense after all those battles for the village].

Bringing the majority of his forces to bear, the fight for the village proved but a small obstacle for Saruman as his uruks and dunlending swarmed into the village cutting down all resistance as the rest of the force moved southwards , hoping to break the rohirrim lands into three zones so they couldn't support each other.

Turn to Orcs of the misty mountain.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/z4s3f9l3e0..._M_28.sav?dl=0
    "War is the continuation of politics by other means." - Carl von Clausewitz

General Dragon.'s Avatar Champion of Dragons
    Gaming Emeritus

Sorry for the late. Pbob forgot to notify me in his heavy sickness.
    Harad up!
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/dg1iqp

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."

REDBOOSTY's Avatar Ducenarius

"I never asked for this, no more than I asked to be king. Yet dare I disregard her? We do not choose our destinies. Yet we must ... we must do our duty, no? Great or small, we must do our duty"

-Stannis Baratheon

bump

Gaming Emeritus

Sorry, I was busy, via what I said in the absence thread.

Gondor up! http://www.mediafire.com/file/hcajbh...or_29.sav/file

Defeated the invading orcish armies! http://www.mediafire.com/view/3d30x7...04150508_1.jpg

Ramble12's Avatar Domesticus

I wont be able to play in a few days i think so might be best to sub me