Thread: Rome total war I and Medieval Total War I

Default Rome total war I and Medieval Total War I

Rome total war I and Medieval Total War I are compatible with Windows 7?
    Tanks

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Default Re: Rome total war I and Medieval Total War I

If you have Steam version then yes both games are compatible, in fact I'm playing both MTW and RTW without having any issues.

However, if you want to play Medieval TW (retail) on Windows 7 then you need to install this MTW Gold CTD-Fix patch, because MTW doesn't run well with high-end video cards.

Remember, don't install neither of these games in the C:\Program Files(x86) folder due to UAC in Windows Vista or newer, which can sometimes cause an issue with Steam.

I know you can install both these games outside of the Steam folder and I recommend doing that.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

I haven't steam version

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Like I said in my previous post you need to install the MTW Gold - CTD Fix for MTW I linked to, otherwise I don't think you can play MTW at all due for modern computers now use high-end video card in which MTW doesn't support.

As for RTW, I know you can play RTW in Windows 7, provided that you don't install it in the C:\Program Files(x86) folder due to UAC in Windows Vista or newer.

The best installation path for RTW is to install it on another partition, not C:, and make sure you can at least launch it before changing anything e.g video settings, game settings etc etc.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.