Thread: Playing as Macedon: Replenishment issue

Default Playing as Macedon: Replenishment issue

First of all this is a fantastic mod, along with EB1, the only total war mods where I sense the touch of genius.

I have just finished a fantastic campaign as Thebes, but I'm so very sad that you guys didn't have the chance to complete Macedon.

However, I'm still happy to play as Macedon with the faction unlock mod for WoS, but it seems that the Capital Recruitment system is locked for Macedon. Is there any way you could add this feature?

Thank you.

Default Re: Playing as Macedon: Replenishment issue

Phalangitis made two scripts for me that allowed for rodos and byzantion replenishment. He would need to do the same. That said,I found it not so enjoyable as I thought. The mod was designed to play the main 5.

At least Macedon will have the unique cavalry units but the hoplites of the other factions look boring when compared to the glory of Athenai, Sparta, Argos, Korinthos, Thebai.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Yes if you want I must make a small submod for you that allows replenishment for Macedonia. Playing as Macedonia you will lose many other aspects of the mod though. Historic events, and all the social or strategical aspect of the game. You will not have caps in units and your campaign will be mostly a fun - steam roll campaign as the Persian one (and even easier than that cause Persians have some few restrictions)

Thanks for the response, I checked ur guys thread and was able to do the small script edit to allow replenishment in aigai for macedon, but yeah you guys are right, it is quite barebones compared to the official factions. Macedon campaign will have to wait!

Yeah I had the same experience...You can't replicate the feeling when you can recruit endless amounts of medium hoplites. The caution and concern you have for your units and losing them brings about a lot of caution...Not to mention the units of Athens, Sparta, Thebes, Korinth, Argos all look much better! You don't want to lose them and forces you to play smarter instead of blitz the map.

It did not take me too long until I decided to jump back into my Korinthos campaign.