Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ANCIENT EMPIRES BETA TESTING

Decanus

Default Re: ANCIENT EMPIRES BETA TESTING

Hi. Am I too late to get in on the beta? I've done quite a bunch of Rome 2 modding and was active for a while with the Europa Perdita Attila project. My Rome 2 Total Realism campaign features (kind of a submod) were pretty damn interesting if I may say so.

Feel free to submit your application to the email address.
    Vespasian's own: Up the Augusta! For Cato!

AE: Battle Balancing and BAI.

I just submitted for the beta. Been following this a long time now, I've no experience modding outside of using them though haha. But maybe you guys could use another set of eyes? Im free all weekend and ready to play a lengthy campaign

wishful thinking probably. I'd just like to help this progress if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by uhohitsuhoh View Post
    I just submitted for the beta. Been following this a long time now, I've no experience modding outside of using them though haha. But maybe you guys could use another set of eyes? Im free all weekend and ready to play a lengthy campaign

wishful thinking probably. I'd just like to help this progress if possible.
    same for me

We're still taking on testers, so keep an eye on your inbox!
    Campaign modder for Ancient Empires

Hey can I help test the Beta? I have modding experience so I can give you some good feedback

Edit:
    Actually just saw the first post, I'll go ahead and submit an application

I did the same submited the application now waiting for the answer.

UMCenturion's Avatar Ducenarius

Update for the Community: we will start to have some small updates within the week we can make public. Testing is going well, and the testers that have signed up and participated have proved to be extremely valuable. The active team members are working hard to get this thing together for everyone. Stay tuned!

Mod Lead - UI/2D Art - Custom Map Editing

Quote Originally Posted by UMCenturion View Post
    Update for the Community: we will start to have some small updates within the week we can make public. Testing is going well, and the testers that have signed up and participated have proved to be extremely valuable. The active team members are working hard to get this thing together for everyone. Stay tuned!

f5....f5....f5....f5...

Do you have a rough idea of when, as in more likely Thursday or more likely Saturday?

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by UMCenturion View Post
    Great to hear! Keep up the great work.

1.Spear's Avatar Civis
    Teutoburge Forest is right around the corner

I am really excited...

i can't believe. Do not mind trolls, you are great folk, i'll wait this update as i waited for my marriage
    eating as a pig

Quote Originally Posted by Relf View Post
    f5....f5....f5....f5...

Do you have a rough idea of when, as in more likely Thursday or more likely Saturday?
    More likely Thursday. Alea iacta est.

Decanus

Hi I'm just a little impatient: my beta test application went in a day ago. I want to spit out an idea before I forget it: building construction should have a cost (for the duration of construction) simulating labor being drawn away from subsistence farming and such. Minus 10% wealth from subsistence perhaps.

I think this effect would really emphasize thoughtful economic planning. The player would be encouraged to be 100% certain the building project is a smart initiative. Of course the existing AE upkeep costs already also encourage this. But with immediate construction costs the player would immediately feel the pain of over-building or poor building choices.

Buildings have always had immediate construction costs... Most of our buildings cost 5000-20000 denarii. Later buildings and resources cost more
    Vespasian's own: Up the Augusta! For Cato!

AE: Battle Balancing and BAI.

I think La Tene is asking for an additional, turn by turn cost whilst the construction is in progress. One could argue that this cumulative cost is already represented by the construction cost. There is no such feature in vanilla. Therefore it cannot easily be done

Autaritus's Avatar Libertus

Expectation and excitement are killing me lol. I have the feeling that anouncement of ETR is getting closer...

May Gods -and AE modders, by the way- be praised !!!
    Last edited by Autaritus; February 28, 2018 at 10:14 AM.

Decanus

Hi Sheridan, Petellius. That's right my hope was effects could be added for the duration of the build. And it's true that between the build cost and upkeep the costs in general are already well represented. Perhaps a better alternative would be the expenditure of political influence points. I think build duration would be good although I understand the effect scope doesn't exist in the base game. Political influence could be a one time thing too.

Love the work and passion being put into this mod. Just wanna ask what the performance is look with the mod, does it run the same as vanilla Attila?

Is the beta for real getting released this week or did @Relf misinterpret @UMCenturion's post?

From what I understood, it looked like the week the beta was to be released, there should be small updates whithin that week?

Just wanted to clear out so that I don't get over-excited just yet :-)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast