Thread: Version 6.4 failure to install

Default Version 6.4 failure to install

Hello- I've been playing 6.3 for some months now with only minor CTD issues on occasion. A recent saved game refused to load and always resulted in a CTD, as has recent attempts to advance turns on earlier saved games. I have lowered video options to the lowest settings, turned advisor off completely, and re-installed 6.3 several times with no success. I have now tried to install 6.4 with no success. The install program runs but when I get to the options screen there are no options for early or late era campaigns as in the install instruction screen shots. They just are not there. I have attempted to attach a screen shot.

I am running a Dell laptop with updated Win 10 64-bit OS, i7 2.20 GHz processor, GeForce GT 64M video card.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions. I was in the middle of a really fun and challenging campaign as the Hungarians and had finally gained the upper hand on the Byzantines.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capture.PNG  

M.A.E's Avatar Miles

Default Re: Version 6.4 failure to install

its maybe related to the last update of windows 10 ..try to re instal 6.4 patch only on the base game and the instal meloo bugfixes http://tinyurl.com/qgozbtm
    I Came,I Saw I Partially Differentiate

Default Re: Version 6.4 failure to install

Thank you for the suggestion, M.A.E. I uninstalled everything and did a reinstall with all patches with numerous reboots in between. This time 6.4 installed without issue and I have gone several rounds without any CTD issues. It was unfortunate that I had to restart my campaign but at least it is stable. Now I just have to figure out what to do about these overpowered Byzantine heavy cavalry.