Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beta 2.0 bugs reports and fixes

Default Re: Beta 2.0 bugs reports and fixes

Which issue? If it's the log posted by pwcca, the building errors reported are 'normal', false error in rafmc version and aren't a cause of crash. The unexpected error at the end on the other hand, could be anything, even a random crash from playing too long. Hard to say since there was no details on where and when.

I am done with the official build but I can still try to provide fast fixes, if there are need while waiting the next rafmc's build. Please be more specific.

I cant enter to Historical battles (Medieval TW2 error) or in the first prologue campaign (it returns to main menu)

My fault I guess, since I didn't think of deleting them before sending a version of the mod to rafmc last year. In my vision, neither were meant to stay since my mod isn't DBM, only based on some of it's materials. But rafmc wanted to fix the historical battle for his build that became the current DBM 2.0, can't remember but I think he didn't find the time to do it since. Maybe at a later date he will have the time.
    DBM 2.0 is only for the new main campaign, in short. Play DBM 1.2 if you want the historical battles and the prolog campaign.

The second prologue campaign is still playable Thanks for the response.

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

I have one issue:

1. Custom settlements have issues with their textures in the mod. It's very random actually and in one battle they look as they should, and in the next the roofs are all white - i have the same issue in Warcraft and am using Win 7 CD-version - i did never have this texture-glitch in any other mod. But now i am actually worried it might be in every mod..

So why could this be?

It's a texture-issue making settlements spawn white roofs and not their supposed textures at random. It is very annoying when this happens.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kingdoms 2018-06-26 05-42-31-520.jpg  
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Strange. I don't use rafmc new versions of settlements because I am learning ITWE myself to make my own improvements to the original DBM settlements in battle map, though this is a side thing for now, need more time to get good at ITWE and Milkshape. This all white roof thing doesn't seem familiar, but I don't play enough to be sure. Will do more tests next time I am trying things with ITWE.

I ran in a post of yours in the ITWE section, did you use the DBM settlements as a base for your warcraft mod? Are you sure it's random, not something happening after keeping the game running for a while or such?

Quote Originally Posted by selv View Post
    Strange. I don't use rafmc new versions of settlements because I am learning ITWE myself to make my own improvements to the original DBM settlements in battle map, though this is a side thing for now, need more time to get good at ITWE and Milkshape. This all white roof thing doesn't seem familiar, but I don't play enough to be sure. Will do more tests next time I am trying things with ITWE.

I ran in a post of yours in the ITWE section, did you use the DBM settlements as a base for your warcraft mod? Are you sure it's random, not something happening after keeping the game running for a while or such?
    I do use reskins of vanilla settlements in Warcraft. However - both my TLK: WotN submod and the WotN 3.2 update is using DBM original settlements and the Norse ones with skins from EoR.

I have never had any issue in these mods. But i haven't played them in more than half a year neither. I am worried the issue might be there as well.. Not sure so will playtest again.

It is in both Warcraft and the new DBM though. In one battle they look awesome and in the next the textures do not load. It's a "silver surfer"-issue because the mod struggles to find the textures in the blockset-folder. The odd thing is that it works in one battle and in the next it doesn't - in all my other plays before this issue showed up they worked all the time no matter the battle fought. So i wonder what may be the cause of the textures only showing randomly and not always as it used to be.

RAFMC did a great job on the settlements and the buildings show up just fine. Reading about a similar case with strat-settlements it were due to the model somehow and not the texture. But i do not know much about the IWTE program besides how to port settlements from one mod to another - but i actually failed to make the Hyrule ones show up in Warcraft as well. So this may be relatively new issues that affect more than one mod.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

rafmc sure did a great job on battle settlements and units. However I am unsure of everything he did in the settlements folder, he seem to have added new models/textures, and I didn't try them more than once or twice so I don't know if it has something to do with what you report, or if the problem has it's source in the original DBM settlements.
    So far all I am doing in battle settlements is editing the worldpkgdesc files of the original DBM settlements, regarding some factions changes, and changing the techtree type to slot_filler so they don't leave any empty space while waiting to be build on the strat map. I don't specificaly want to change or add textures for now.
    So far so good but I am not playing long each time I test, can't say with certainty that the original models/textures have no problem...

I can always try to look in rafmc's new settlements version if he doesn't come back soon, but I am afraid my IWTE skills don't go further than what I said above for now. Beside he may have already fixed the issue for his next release.

Hi,
    I'm been trying the beta 2.0 version and it's amazing! There are only two things that I suggest to change it, if it's possible and if everyone are agree with me:
    The first one, the grass, sand, rocks textures in battle are so unrealistic. The campaign map is perfect, but battle map with those textures...
    The second one is, why in each turn appears the message that "rebels took spoils"? How can I get rid of those messages?
    Thanks in advance!

I've been playing for a while now, and it's great generally, but I've found three problems.

1) I'm getting a CTD in battles involving the Romans - it happens every time their units get close to mine, so I think it's something to do with battle animations maybe?
    2) There's a problem with unit placement in cities and large cities - when I fight a battle trying to break a siege my units don't deploy in the right place, they're all bunched up by a gate on the far side of the city from the enemy. Then when the battle starts, instead of the enemy moving a safe distance away from the walls, they just come and stand right next to them, making them easy targets for my men on the walls.
    3) A more general problem - if I make any modfications to the game then try to load a save, it crashes. This includes files like export_descr_unit, which you can normally mod mid-campaign no problem.

Thanks.

Controversial oppinnion, but I honestly wish this mod focused the map more from Persia westward, or Greece( or Judeia) eastward. I do not see much gain in adding Indian subcontinent if everything is gonna feel so small and cramped. That's my one gripe with the mod, its stretched out way too much.

Good day, I recently downloaded the 2.0 version and I find it amazing, only one CTD after 6 hours, which is amazing when how bad my pc is for gaming. Also, about the bugs, I found a few (all happened in campaign playing as the Seleucid Empire):

- In a reinforcing army there was a unit of Eastern horse archers that even after entering the battle map couldt not be selected, as if it was still outside of the battlefield/entering it

- The Seleucid Hippeis dont allow an option to toggle skirmish mode on/off, although i dont know if that was an intended feature. Also, sometimes during a battle when i click on a them not a single botton on the bottons wheel appear, only a button that says "This unit doesnt have a special ability", but after clicking another unit a then clicking the hippeis again the buttons return

- In a unit or building description, I apologize for not remembering which one specifically, it literally says "THIS TEXT SHOULD NOT APPEAR HERE"

And thats all for now. Btw, my rig is a Dell Inspiron 1532, 4g Ram, core 3i, 1.8 ghz with 32 dedicated video memory. Played with almost all settings on high, no shadows or anti alliasing, and huge scale units.

Good luck with your mod and looking forward for more of your amazing work

I downloaded DBM.rar, I downloaded fast fixes, I have 4 Gb patch, but I get "unspecified error" every time I want to start custom battle or campaign.

The mod runs fine, i just found it, i was using 1.2 so far. The 2.0 version is far more stable. 1 crash in 77 turns (and continue counting). The turns arent faster , despite what i read somewhere. But two things are annoying. First, the SPQR. Mods are here to make us happy, and SPQR is not making me happy. There was a mod for versions 1.0 and 1.1 of the game, named S.C.U.M., that was removing SPQR from the game, and also was removing the "Rebel Attack" script, both changes great for me. I wonder if there is something similar for 2.0, or if someone could give me some advice on the matter ( i guess just going to the desk_strat.txt and commenting the papal_states (;;papal_states) its very simple to be a real solution, although i will try it). The second matter ,and maybe one that is even more game breaking, is the unaltered nature of cavalry charges. Heavy cavalry is as strong as in MTW2, which is not the point in this time frame. If as a roman you are using any kind of legion, at least the first period ones like i am using now, hastati or principes, one fast charge removes whole unit from the battle. I dont want to use triarii for my main battle line. Not really reaslistic , not desirable either.

Quote Originally Posted by Omiros View Post
    The mod runs fine, i just found it, i was using 1.2 so far. The 2.0 version is far more stable. 1 crash in 77 turns (and continue counting). The turns arent faster , despite what i read somewhere. But two things are annoying. First, the SPQR. Mods are here to make us happy, and SPQR is not making me happy. There was a mod for versions 1.0 and 1.1 of the game, named S.C.U.M., that was removing SPQR from the game, and also was removing the "Rebel Attack" script, both changes great for me. I wonder if there is something similar for 2.0, or if someone could give me some advice on the matter ( i guess just going to the desk_strat.txt and commenting the papal_states (;;papal_states) its very simple to be a real solution, although i will try it). The second matter ,and maybe one that is even more game breaking, is the unaltered nature of cavalry charges. Heavy cavalry is as strong as in MTW2, which is not the point in this time frame. If as a roman you are using any kind of legion, at least the first period ones like i am using now, hastati or principes, one fast charge removes whole unit from the battle. I dont want to use triarii for my main battle line. Not really reaslistic , not desirable either.
    You will need to modify the descr_scripts-file to remove the rebel attacks, and modify the descr_strat to reduce the rebel/pirate spawns to a minimum as well as remove the papal_states from the game.

The Papal_states/SPQR might be connected to other files and scripts though so I'm not sure. I would also remove this stuff whenever I'm gonna play 2.0.

I just prefer the old one with RAFMC1989's submod as that one has India and such - I liked the bigger map.

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    You will need to modify the descr_scripts-file to remove the rebel attacks, and modify the descr_strat to reduce the rebel/pirate spawns to a minimum as well as remove the papal_states from the game.

The Papal_states/SPQR might be connected to other files and scripts though so I'm not sure. I would also remove this stuff whenever I'm gonna play 2.0.

I just prefer the old one with RAFMC1989's submod as that one has India and such - I liked the bigger map.

I can't start a campaign ( Windows 10 ), but the normal De Bello Mundi runs in 1.0 1.1 and 1.2 only the 2.0 won't start.

I get the message Medieval has detected an error, does anyone know how I can fix this? All other mods run, only 2.0 stops, but my own battles work. I would like to play the mod again, because DBM has something that I clearly miss in EB, the danger of a civil war for Rome.

Wird an 2.0 weiter gearbeitet oder war es das?

Edit, i have Fix it, i forget to remove the old Map RWM

Just installed DBM. It runs but I get CTD at the moment I start a campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by William the Silent View Post
    Just installed DBM. It runs but I get CTD at the moment I start a campaign.
    i was there yesterday, now ive been able to try carthago and athena campaign no issue (BUT ROMANI STILL CTD!!!!)
    some things i did wrong and fixed, maybe u can try
    make sure u have kingdoms.exe in the main m2tw file
    this is the exe the batch points at and this is the one u need to run the 4GB modifier on...
    (if you dont have the right exe copy medieval2 exe and rename it)
    i moved the whole sega folder out of programs86 and redid the shortcuts n paths etc
    disable auto save in the main m2tw preferences
    disable the "update for daylight savings" on your desktop clock
    disable UAC in windows (all the way lowest setting and restart)

hopefully someone will notice these posts and help us get farther
    Last edited by OsirisReborn; July 25, 2021 at 02:40 PM.

i just downloaded dbm 2.0 and i've really liked it but besides a couple of bugged pop ups and oracle missions the main issue for me is it literally takes 5 minutes (clocked it) to pass turns! Is there a fix for this? For example SS 6.4 takes 2.3 minutes and SSHIP (SS6.4 submod) takes 2.55 minutes...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12