Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beta 2.0 bugs reports and fixes

Default Beta 2.0 bugs reports and fixes

I open this thread for clarity sake and all. We might use the first post to provide fixes as eventual bugs come along. I found out why the saka generals were dying, rafmc. Their bodyguards had no general_unit attribute. Fixed export_descr_unit to put in DBM/data folder in the attachment. Not likely to be save game compatible.

Everyone testing, please report bugs here from now on.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kwh...ew?usp=sharing

Updated for a estearn satrapes family tree bug. Just copy the data in the archives in your DBM.
    Updated for ground_type correction and black fog removal on accessible lands.
    From now on, delete the map.rwm in the base folder when using the fast fixes.

I forgot, when reporting a problem, post your system log found in DBM/logs, and a save from before the crash/bug. It's important because often we can't reproduce your crashes or guess what's wrong without the exact setting you encountered.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by selv; January 20, 2018 at 05:43 AM.

Default Re: Beta 2.0 bugs reports and fixes

haha, bloody hell!! xD

ook good then!! thanks for opening

Updated first post for a eastern satrapes family tree bug. Fast fixes until further versions. Please report anything you find with logs and a savegame.

The new download link to google drive is soon ready, but I will be sleeping then so I will post it before leaving my place in a few hours, or next evening.

Okay. Just had a brief look. One minor thing bugs me in english text, inconsistency and errors in unit names and descriptions. I know, minor, but it just gives me bad impression....I'm just that kind. Often the names are incorrectly capitalized-in English, every word in name is capitalized except for grammatical features like prepositions, articles etc... (stuff like of, for, the...). Sometimes it is correct, sometimes it isn't.
    Singular is sometimes improperly used, or improper pluralization of greek words. You have, on few units, Thureophoros instead of Thureophoroi, Thorakites instead of Thorakitai. There is inconsitency in use Phalanx/Phalangitai in unit names-technically, both are possible, as phalanx refers to whole formation while phalangitai to troops themselves, but it would be nice if it was consistent across the whole game. Similar with Hoplites/Hoplitai, it's possible to use anglicized plural as it became a loanword, but it's used inconsistently.
    A few times, position of adjective is switched-in English, it's before the noun, not after like in Italian. Few times it's weird...you have Barbarian conscripts Pikemen for example, while it should be Barbarian Conscript Pikemen.

If you want full list, I might get around to do it when I have time.

Well personally I don't even notice these details, as I focus on the functional side of things and that my goals for the mod are far from being reached. I gave very few attention to units before teaming up with rafmc, then I letted him handle the full area since it's not my priority. Around 400 units come from the original DBM, and the new come from rafmc who really did a impressive work on them.

We are no more native english than the original DBM team, and going over a file like export_unit is a very long tedious task no matter the language, thousands of text lines... Still we woud want these things and more polished at some point, so if you have time and feel like it, feel free to provide a list of inconsistenties, even to correct the export_unit display text if you can/want.

Thanks. Ah, while I think of it, nobody said it yet, but some starting characters are still from -240, while others made up, we still need help researching actual characters from -321.

yes, we know about the need to make all unit title names "historical", using the languages of that time... all new units come with historical texts, whereas the older ones are still based on "eng translation" with a couple of grammar defects... the same for the biographies, the new campaign map requires new bios too (just texts, without character trait effects)

we mentioned that a profile dealing with this aspect would be beneficial to us, so we can focus on more "meaty contents"... in any case, it can be as well for later if there will be need that this task is performed by the team itself, will see..

I made some ground_type corrections in the ingratus region borders, and removed the black fog from accessible lands. In the parts where the black fog remain, it mean that there is nothing there to see for the player and the lands non accessible. I wanted to do both before release but it slipped my mind.
    Anyone having ongoing playthrough, don't bother adding the latest files now and starting a new game for this if you are far.

edit, Forgot, how are steam users doing? Can someone tell us if they have campaign graphics glitchs, problems to launch after following instructions or such? We don't and it make solving these quit puzzling. I don't see what difference a installer would make, we will think of deleting bin.files in the text for next version if that make a difference but the mod files would be the same, installer or not.
    Last edited by selv; January 19, 2018 at 06:36 AM.

I have steam and I haven't experienced any graphical issues or launch problems. I didn't need to do anything extra to make this mod work. I didn't have to delete any bin-files and the 4gb patch was already implemented on my medieval laucher because I needed it for another mod too.

Ah, now we might get somewhere, thanks for letting us know, Johrnarlor. On what version of windows do you play? (I assume you are on windows)
    Did you have to do something extra for a other mod before this one, beside the 4GB patch? Disable some windows functionality or I don't know what? Or some steam things maybe?

Asking to figure what is interfering with some people version on moddb, if it's not a probem of differences between the CD and steam version.

yes, for Steam users who already play without issues, please specify as well the OS, the machine you use and other technical features of your PC...

in case of a pure graphics issue for some at this point, the lighter texture pack submod by selv could be the best option..

Nope, can't remember that I had to do anything else. And I have an MSI codex pc with windows 10.

I once made a copy of my medieval launcher and named it kingdoms so I can start most mods with the batch-file in the mod folders. That way I don't have to change the name of the mod map to one of the kingdoms campaigns. Don't know if this might be the issue for some people.

glad that you specified... ok I'll be redirecting some Steam users to your comments, this might be what they needed to do...
    thanks

Hello !
    I downloaded the 2.0 beta (with the fix mentioned in this thread applied) and tried it but the game just crashed after a 4 minutes launch loading screen I'm on Windows 10 64x, using the Steam version

ok, yes we already knew about the issue the Steam players found with the graphics while launching the campaign..

Just finishing the very last editings, the final version 2.0 (no other big update is seen, at least from my part) will be around 16.5 gb in total..
    Before releasing, I will make a new installer both for Steam users and Retail users with assistance from Gigantus..

Finally, after some unexpected delay, we are approaching

It's not while launching the campaign but while launching the game. I never passed the loading screen and never saw the menu
    But your installer will certainly fix this !
    Thanks and congrats for the future global release !

Quote Originally Posted by rafmc1989 View Post
    ok, yes we already knew about the issue the Steam players found with the graphics while launching the campaign..

Just finishing the very last editings, the final version 2.0 (no other big update is seen, at least from my part) will be around 16.5 gb in total..
    Before releasing, I will make a new installer both for Steam users and Retail users with assistance from Gigantus..

Finally, after some unexpected delay, we are approaching
    Good news!Will release the final version 2.0 in this month?

23:04:05.225 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    23:04:05.225 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Feb 25 2008 version development ===
    23:04:05.241 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    23:04:05.241 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    23:04:05.241 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    23:04:05.241 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    23:04:05.241 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    23:04:05.241 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    23:04:14.747 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods\DBM/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 15301, column 2
    Building DB error - faction romani has gap in building prior to kings_stables
    23:04:14.747 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods\DBM/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 15301, column 2
    Building DB error - faction russia has gap in building prior to warlords_stables
    Building DB error - faction turks has gap in building prior to bighalls
    23:04:14.748 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods\DBM/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 15301, column 2
    Building DB error - faction normans has gap in building prior to bighalls
    23:04:14.748 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods\DBM/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 15301, column 2
    Building DB error - faction skuoa has gap in building prior to warlords_stables
    Building DB error - faction sarumatah has gap in building prior to warlords_stables
    Building DB error - faction papal_states has gap in building prior to kings_stables
    Building DB error - faction scotland has gap in building prior to kings_stables
    Building DB error - faction slave has gap in building prior to kings_stables
    Building DB error - faction hungary has gap in building prior to kings_stables
    Building DB error - faction romani has gap in building prior to kings_stables
    Building DB error - faction russia has gap in building prior to warlords_stables
    Building DB error - faction skuoa has gap in building prior to warlords_stables
    Building DB error - faction sarumatah has gap in building prior to warlords_stables
    Building DB error - faction papal_states has gap in building prior to kings_stables
    Building DB error - faction scotland has gap in building prior to kings_stables
    23:04:14.749 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods\DBM/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 15301, column 2
    Building DB error - faction slave has gap in building prior to kings_stables
    23:04:14.749 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods\DBM/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 15301, column 2
    Building DB error - faction hungary has gap in building prior to kings_stables
    23:05:23.971 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit

hey guys, I'm basically done.. just doing some retexturing of a couple of units and waiting Gig to be back in action for the installer, he knows Steam mechanics much better than me.. xD

this is gonna be the last major update of the mod... a thing which remains unfinished are the historical text bios of characters (many lacks it or are wrong) and the historical names of units (many lacks it)... In case a dedicated researcher wants to provide assistance, especially if he has access to good documentation, would be perfect.. I may collect his data and then copy-paste in the game..

volunteers?

Have you find some volunteers?How about the progress?

I have the same exact issue
    any fix for this?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast