Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xenophonia help!

Thanatos's Avatar Now Is Not the Time
    took an arrow to the knee

Icon4 Xenophonia help!

I would first like to apologize if this has been corrected somewhere else. If it does exist, I could not find it.

I used the Xenophonia 1D installer, and downloaded all the soundpacks as well. I installed Xenophonia according to the readme given TO THE LETTER. However, everyone still speaks crappy english, and I'm not sure as to what to from here. Is there possibly a bug?

Another question I would like help with would be how to install the smoke mod for M2TW.

Thanks for any assistance!

Default Re: Xenophonia help!

Did you delete events.idx?

What is events.idx, where do I find it, and what does it do?

I can mod almost every other game, but M2TW just bogs me down, I swear. I have no idea how to even begin to mod the game.

its very similar to rome, i picked it right up, its rather similar once you get it unpacked and the cfg thing working

So tell me what to do to get Xenophonia installed. Just tell me what to do, and I'll do it.

I just ask that you list it in steps.

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

Moved to the Xenophobia sub forum.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

Korinthos Hoplites's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Lusted View Post
    Moved to the Xenophobia sub forum.
    Err... Lusted? :hmmm:

EDIT BY BEISS: Haha, it's funny how people think that's what we're called... Would be pretty cool to see a mod where everyone suffered from Xenophobia, foreign diplomats would be instantly killed when arriving in another country, or as soon as a foreign army approached a city, the inhabitants would just leave town and run for the hills because they were scared of the foreigners... No one would dare to make war on others because of the fear of having to face a foreigner... and so on.
    Last edited by Beiss; January 06, 2007 at 12:37 PM.

Nobody can help me?

Okay, it turns out that I just needed to move the voice files from the data/sounds/data/sounds folder to the data/sounds folder. However, as far as I can tell, the Danes now speak M2TW's crappy German. The French still speak crappy french. Any help here?
    Last edited by Thanatos; January 05, 2007 at 06:31 PM.

Beiss's Avatar Nemo nascitur...

oh no

The only change from 1C to 1D was that Niko_twow.ru had changed a command that moved the voice folder from one place to the other, since the installer apparently didn't work the way it was supposed to. Apparently, 1D seems to cause more issues than did 1C. I'm working on 1E right now. In a few minutes, I will post a short guide to a manual install, since the installer doesn't seem to work very well. I'm really sorry, guys.
    Last edited by Beiss; January 06, 2007 at 10:39 AM.
    Under the patronage of Halie Satanus, Emperor of Ice Cream, in the house of wilpuri

Okay, okay.

I've followed your manual install readme to the letter, but now the game is back to vanilla speak. Pure vanilla. Was I supposed to delete the event.idx or something, besides storing those files in the vanilla backup folder?

events.idx was supposed to be stored in the vanilla folder, which means it's deleted from where it is. Each time you start the game, it will make a new events.idx.

If you have installed the mod using the manual install and still have only vanilla sound, I don't understand what could be wrong.
    Last edited by Beiss; January 08, 2007 at 11:39 AM.
    Under the patronage of Halie Satanus, Emperor of Ice Cream, in the house of wilpuri

I might have possibly done something wrong during the manual installation, but I don't think so...

Beiss, you've already listed the files which are to go into the vanilla backup folder. If that's the case, does this mean that those same files no longer exist in the data/sounds folder?

The files I said to be moved into the vanilla backup folder are not to remain in the data\sounds folder, no. However, each time you start the game, it will create new idx and dat files if any have been removed. So the first time after installing Xenophonia, the game will make a new events.dat, events.idx, voice1.dat, voice1.idx, voice3.dat and voice3.idx.
    Last edited by Beiss; February 13, 2007 at 08:48 AM.

Ludicus's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Citizen

Installing the mod manually is a piece of cake though.

My kingdom for a hor...exe!

I'm serious, installing the mod using the installer requires more careful preparations than installing it manually. Haha

Hey how is everyone doing. First i would like to say that i think this is a real nice mod because i think the game is more authentic with th people speaking their native language, but i have a small problem. I dont no what i did wrong but i followed the instructions step by step, but when i play the game i here two sets of languages for example: when my spanish generals is making his Pre-Battle speach I hear not only spanish but Scottish two then 1 minute into the battle the game crashes. Also for the Islamic nations they dont speak Arabic they speak German Broken English from the original sounds. When I go into the Voice foulder in the MTW2/Data/Sound foulder and play the Arabic files it is German Broken english. Please get back to me when ever you can Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Beiss View Post
    The files I said to be moved into the vanilla backup folder are not to remain in the data\sounds folder, no. However, each time you start the game, it will create new idx and dat files if any have been removed. So the first time after installing Xenophonia, the game will make a new events.dat, events.idx, voice1.dat, voice1.idx, voice2.dat and voice2.idx.
    Ah! Thank you! This has cleared up SO MUCH for me!

Quote Originally Posted by ELChito View Post
    Hey how is everyone doing. First i would like to say that i think this is a real nice mod because i think the game is more authentic with th people speaking their native language, but i have a small problem. I dont no what i did wrong but i followed the instructions step by step, but when i play the game i here two sets of languages for example: when my spanish generals is making his Pre-Battle speach I hear not only spanish but Scottish two then 1 minute into the battle the game crashes. Also for the Islamic nations they dont speak Arabic they speak German Broken English from the original sounds. When I go into the Voice foulder in the MTW2/Data/Sound foulder and play the Arabic files it is German Broken english. Please get back to me when ever you can Thank you.
    This sounds really funked up. Your Spanish general is speaking both Spanish and Scottish? I have no idea what could have happened. I recommend uninstalling Xenophonia and trying again. If the same thing happens again, come back.

Maybe he has some scottish generals in the mercenary armies!
    Tira 'cchjiù nu pilu é cunnu ara 'nchjìanata 'ca 'na parigghjia e voi ara scinduta!!!

I have a question. So in your read me it said, back up and move "voice1.*, voice3.* and events.*" to vanilla folder.

So ONLY voice 1, and 3 plus events .dat AND Idx
    and NOT voice 2.

Since I'm using a mod I also copy the event .dat and idx to my mymod sound folder.

Also does it always take about 5min to start up medieval 2 total war now since I install this mod?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast