Thread: Kill the pope!

Icon2 Kill the pope!

Have somebody killed the pope in the campagn??

What happens??

Default Re: Kill the pope!

Everyone in the world (that are Catholic) get a little more upset at you. Then next turn a new pope shows up and wanders around attacking things provided you destroyed the Papal States.

You can't kill off the Papal States in this one.

He orders countries off people.

Thanatos's Avatar Now Is Not the Time
    took an arrow to the knee

I've killed the pope more than five times in my campaign when he began to favor several countries at my total expense.

For example, I was about to wipe Milan off the map at the same time when the Pope demanded that I stop fighting. Deliberately! I agreed until the orders were up. After I had conquered Milan, and was about to wipe the last Sicilian city off the map, the same Pope ordered me to stop. After I agreed to this orders, I destroyed Sicily, and then assassinated the Pope.

The new pope had nothing against me, and nobody knew I had done it.
    Now, whenever it looks like the Pope will turn against me, I assasinate him. I've already done this at least five times, like I said.

Remember, it's not murder if he joins the enemy (in a manner of speaking) to ruin your country and plots against you!

Cato the Younger's Avatar Semisalis

He orders countries off people.
    I know that he seeks out a new home and asks for a new province from another Catholic nation, but does the Pope HAVE to have a province; or can he simply walk around with a stack?

Quote Originally Posted by Conquest View Post
    I know that he seeks out a new home and asks for a new province from another Catholic nation, but does the Pope HAVE to have a province; or can he simply walk around with a stack?
    He can walk around with simply a stack. I captured Rome in my Turks campaign and he just sat outside of the city with no troops for the rest of the game.