Thread: Any faction previews in the works?

Master & Commander's Avatar Libertus

Default Any faction previews in the works?

Hey y’all, how is the modding going? I was wondering if y’all had any faction previews in the works. Especially now that y’all are getting closer to finishing all the factions. And thanks for all your hard work.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Any faction previews in the works?

We have a number of internal faction previews done but none to be made public yet. Will leave it to m@ximus to answer whether he is working on any.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnar View Post
    We have a number of internal faction previews done but none to be made public yet. Will leave it to m@ximus to answer whether he is working on any.
    Thanks for the info Magnar. I cant wait to see the great work yall have done. Hopefully M@ximus has some faction previews in his head/planned out for the relatively near future. I know I would be excited to see them, and I'm betting other VV fans would be too.

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

Hey Guys,

I'm sure everybody appreciates your work, but dang, can't you guys throw us some more red meat occasionally? Many of the threads in this forum are pretty old. To a completely new visitor to this forum, the most current goals of this mod might get muddled between the very old (dating back to 2014) and newer info. It's nice that the progress thread OP gets updated, but it would be nice to actually see something. I mean, the last preview that we saw (which saw very cool) was from a year ago. Nobody is expecting Divide et Impera-esque transparency or progress (at least not me), but a little something for the public every now and then would be very nice.

Sorry if this sounds whiny; I'm just trying to provide a bit of constructive criticism of this forum. There are few Rome II overhauls still in development and VV has long been at the forefront of people's imaginations. I just wish we didn't have to use our imaginations so much.

Obviously, I'm just a consumer and you guys are spending your free time providing us schlubs with new, free content, but I thought I'd put this out there as I suspect other members of the adoring public might feel the same way. Anyhow, hope I didn't come off as too much of in ingrate. Thanks for the hard work and great content and hope things keep progressing smoothly.

Hey @Magnar so now that’s it’s been about half a year since the last time I asked this question, is there any faction previews or new faction overhauls coming up? And if not, do you have an estimate on when either a faction preview or faction overhaul update will be released? If not I understand just curious and maybe just a little “impatient” haha. But don’t worry jokes aside, I and all the other VV fans can wait however long it takes for a release be it a month or 3 years from now.

Also sorry for not creating a new thread, but it seemed easier to just post on this one, because it was still close to the top. Thanks and keep up the good work!
    Last edited by Master & Commander; June 12, 2018 at 03:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Master & Commander View Post
    Hey @Magnar so now that’s it’s been about half a year since the last time I asked this question, is there any faction previews or new faction overhauls coming up? And if not, do you have an estimate on when either a faction preview or faction overhaul update will be released? If not I understand just curious and maybe just a little “impatient” haha. But don’t worry jokes aside, I and all the other VV fans can wait however long it takes for a release be it a month or 3 years from now.

Also sorry for not creating a new thread, but it seemed easier to just post on this one, because it was still close to the top. Thanks and keep up the good work!
    We will friend but since a new update of the game is expected and a major update will be needed, and concerning all the work that should be done after the update, will require quite some time. The previews will start when we are close to release.

Quote Originally Posted by M@x1mus View Post
    We will friend but since a new update of the game is expected and a major update will be needed, and concerning all the work that should be done after the update, will require quite some time. The previews will start when we are close to release.
    Glad to hear y’all have the previews lined up and ready to go. It is frustrating that y’all are constrained by the developers releasing new content and updates to this five year old game, when they have neglected Attila. And those updates stop y’all from releasing faction updates too? I knew they stopped you from editing and working on the campaign, but I figured custom battles and faction rosters would be safe. That’s a real bummer, but I know y’all will knock it out of the park when you finally release an update.

Quote Originally Posted by Master & Commander View Post
    Glad to hear y’all have the previews lined up and ready to go. It is frustrating that y’all are constrained by the developers releasing new content and updates to this five year old game, when they have neglected Attila. And those updates stop y’all from releasing faction updates too? I knew they stopped you from editing and working on the campaign, but I figured custom battles and faction rosters would be safe. That’s a real bummer, but I know y’all will knock it out of the park when you finally release an update.
    In our view, faction rosters are inseperable part of the rest of the game. Everything would be tied up with campaign mechanics and manpower system. Releasing a faction roster without being tied to the campaign mechanics it's a waste of the work we put on the rosters.

Quote Originally Posted by M@x1mus View Post
    In our view, faction rosters are inseperable part of the rest of the game. Everything would be tied up with campaign mechanics and manpower system. Releasing a faction roster without being tied to the campaign mechanics it's a waste of the work we put on the rosters.
    Ok it all makes sense now. I was still under the impression from earlier comments back when CA started publishing new DLC and patches that screwed up your campaign mechanics, like building trees and and manpower, that you guys were going to focus on getting the rosters finished and out unrelated to the campaign progress. So that way there could at least be custom battles while we all wait for CA to finish what they are doing and y’all to get back to work on the campaign stuff. But that’s my mistake. And now I better understand y’all plan I will be bugging y’all a whole lot less. Hahah Thanks for the update.