Thread: Lighter good old DBM textures and graphics for the new DBM

Default Lighter good old DBM textures and graphics for the new DBM

This is for the new DBM version 2.0, and those that either have performances issues, or are like me and prefer good old graphics.
    Some notes:
    This is only a reversal of textures from the new to old DBM for now, the fastest and simplest I can do for I am too busy working on the inner mod aspects to entirely reverse all the new graphics.
    Strat models of settlements and agents are still the new ones because of this, I would have to rename a lot of CAS.files and/or rework some text files to adapt them on the rest, so it will have to wait if someone is interested.
    You have to work a little but don't run away, it takes a minute and that's it:

WARNING:
    Should I tell you to backup the folders and files from the new DBM that will be replaced?

1, In DBM/data folder, find and delete the following folders:
    battlefield
    BETTER_WATER
    fmv
    loading_screen
    new_vegetation
    overlaytextures
    terrain
    vegetation

WARNING:
    DO NOT DELETE THE WORLD FOLDER, OR ANYTHING ELSE.

2, copy the data folder from the original textures folder you downloaded into mods/DBM.
    Let it overwrite everything it say and that's it. I never know what or not need a new game but do like me and assume that any change need it, it's more careful.

A few comments/alternative use, even if you like new textures, you might still think that movies loading_screen or anime like fmv are over the top or take too much space for what it is, and that good old gravures loading screen and rome 1 fmv are better styled.
    If that's the case, follow the same method, but do so only for loading_screen and fmv folders. Delete them and replace with those from the original textures/data.
    And IMPORTANT, copy also the world folder from original textures/data, WITHOUT DELETING ANYTHING ELSE IN IT OR OUT.

Sorry for going big letters on you, but it take a minute or so and it won't harm anyone to 'work' for this minute. Even a installer could not delete for you the folders list I pointed you I think, and the rest is as easy than a installer.

Download: https://mega.nz/#!EyYQXLxY!nspVkdpHB...wc9jPjIpJTgu7Y

Let me know if it ease performances for you, or if there is a problem but it shoudn't, there isn't for me.

Default Re: Lighter good old DBM textures and graphics for the new DBM

ok, for the ones who want to have lighter packs of textures and models, use it as external submod to apply after you have DBM 2.0..

If you use a lower-end machine, this content improves the performance in-game and requires less computing power thanks selv for providing this alternative.