Thread: Need help solving this CTD

Fighterkill's Avatar Foederatus

Default Need help solving this CTD

Hello,

Sorry if i'm in the wrong forum for this post.

I play All Steamed Up mod, but i get an ctd everytime i capture Jerusalem or someone else does.

17:00:16.453 [data.transgression] [info] Applied transgression TC_UNDECLARED_ATTACK from transgressor faction 2B0E6A44 against faction 2B0E99AC
    17:00:16.466 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0058_UI_Scroll_Battle_Results_Trigger> fired
    17:00:16.467 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0588_Unexplored_Advisor_Request_Help_Trigger> fired
    17:00:17.148 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <BattleCommandGain> fired
    17:00:17.149 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Battle_General_Took_Hits> fired
    17:00:17.149 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <battle5> fired
    17:00:17.149 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <battle1> fired
    17:00:17.149 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <battle9> fired
    17:00:17.149 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <metMiddleEastern_PostBattle> fired
    17:00:17.411 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <historic_event> at line 748 in mods/ASM/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    17:00:17.471 [bink] [debug] [data/fmv/faction/france_lose.bik]Pause on
    17:00:17.471 [bink] [debug] [data/fmv/faction/france_lose.bik]Pause on
    17:00:17.596 [system.rpt] [error] Uh oh. This isn't good. No idea why, but exiting now. Sorry pal.

This is the last entry of my log, everytime. I tried a lot of things, but i'm no modder at all and my understanding of all different mechanics and such is almost zero. The historic event line is this:

monitor_event GeneralCaptureSettlement SettlementName Jerusalem
    and CharacterReligion catholic
    and I_EventCounter Jerusalem_christian = 0

historic_event jerusalem_christian event/Christians_Capture_Jerusalem.bik
    set_event_counter Jerusalem_christian 1

end_monitor

Now the maker of the mod said there where 2 files, called "christians_capture_jerusalem" and "muslims_capture_jerusalem" in the fmv folder, that needed to go into an event folder. I did that. From what i see the line points to these files, but i don't understand why it doesnt play. I can play the bik files, it just shows the little movies when capturing, but the game crashes.

To be specific: the game crashes right after i went through the victory screen, i dont know if thats important.

Anyway, can somebody help me? i just want to play, but can't for a week now. Please.

Greetz,

Fighterkill

Default Re: Need help solving this CTD

Well the script itself seem fine. Did you check that jerusalem_christian exist and is correctly spelled in text/historic_event?
    {jerusalem_christian_title} whatever text
    {jerusalem_christian_body} whatever text

Did you start a new game after moving the two movies in a fmv/event folder? Often you can't fix bugs as you go along, you have to test on a new game, and for a player that just want to play, there are no easy and quick fix for a ongoing game, especially with the campaign_script involved.
    Start a new game and fastly conquer jerusalem to see what happen.

Else, I don't know the mod you speak of so it make it tough. Is it heavy on GB? I am out of space on my computer already.
    Why do you ask here badaway? Is the creator of the mod not around for now?

Fighterkill's Avatar Foederatus

I did not find any {jerusalem_christian_title} or body, only
    {JERUSALEM_EGYPT_BODY}
    {JERUSALEM_EGYPT_TITLE}
    {JERUSALEM_TURKS_BODY}
    {JERUSALEM_TURKS_TITLE}

I did start a new game after i moved the files. I tried different variations and always started a new game.

The mod is: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-TW&highlight=

As for why i asked here, it takes to long for the mod maker to answer. Has been months since her last post.

Frunk's Avatar The Duke Returns
    Artifex Content Staff Moderation Mentor Curator

I take it the problem is solved?
    I'm currently on leave. Please consider contacting another member of staff.

Under the patronage of Iskar of the House of Siblesz.
    Proud patron of
    atthias, PaulH, and Athos187.