Thread: Need help solving this CTD

Fighterkill's Avatar Foederatus

Default Need help solving this CTD

Hello,

Sorry if i'm in the wrong forum for this post.

I play All Steamed Up mod, but i get an ctd everytime i capture Jerusalem or someone else does.

17:00:16.453 [data.transgression] [info] Applied transgression TC_UNDECLARED_ATTACK from transgressor faction 2B0E6A44 against faction 2B0E99AC
    17:00:16.466 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0058_UI_Scroll_Battle_Results_Trigger> fired
    17:00:16.467 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <0588_Unexplored_Advisor_Request_Help_Trigger> fired
    17:00:17.148 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <BattleCommandGain> fired
    17:00:17.149 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <Battle_General_Took_Hits> fired
    17:00:17.149 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <battle5> fired
    17:00:17.149 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <battle1> fired
    17:00:17.149 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <battle9> fired
    17:00:17.149 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <metMiddleEastern_PostBattle> fired
    17:00:17.411 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <historic_event> at line 748 in mods/ASM/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    17:00:17.471 [bink] [debug] [data/fmv/faction/france_lose.bik]Pause on
    17:00:17.471 [bink] [debug] [data/fmv/faction/france_lose.bik]Pause on
    17:00:17.596 [system.rpt] [error] Uh oh. This isn't good. No idea why, but exiting now. Sorry pal.

This is the last entry of my log, everytime. I tried a lot of things, but i'm no modder at all and my understanding of all different mechanics and such is almost zero. The historic event line is this:

monitor_event GeneralCaptureSettlement SettlementName Jerusalem
    and CharacterReligion catholic
    and I_EventCounter Jerusalem_christian = 0

historic_event jerusalem_christian event/Christians_Capture_Jerusalem.bik
    set_event_counter Jerusalem_christian 1

end_monitor

Now the maker of the mod said there where 2 files, called "christians_capture_jerusalem" and "muslims_capture_jerusalem" in the fmv folder, that needed to go into an event folder. I did that. From what i see the line points to these files, but i don't understand why it doesnt play. I can play the bik files, it just shows the little movies when capturing, but the game crashes.

To be specific: the game crashes right after i went through the victory screen, i dont know if thats important.

Anyway, can somebody help me? i just want to play, but can't for a week now. Please.

Greetz,

Fighterkill

Default Re: Need help solving this CTD

Well the script itself seem fine. Did you check that jerusalem_christian exist and is correctly spelled in text/historic_event?
    {jerusalem_christian_title} whatever text
    {jerusalem_christian_body} whatever text

Did you start a new game after moving the two movies in a fmv/event folder? Often you can't fix bugs as you go along, you have to test on a new game, and for a player that just want to play, there are no easy and quick fix for a ongoing game, especially with the campaign_script involved.
    Start a new game and fastly conquer jerusalem to see what happen.

Else, I don't know the mod you speak of so it make it tough. Is it heavy on GB? I am out of space on my computer already.
    Why do you ask here badaway? Is the creator of the mod not around for now?

Fighterkill's Avatar Foederatus

I did not find any {jerusalem_christian_title} or body, only
    {JERUSALEM_EGYPT_BODY}
    {JERUSALEM_EGYPT_TITLE}
    {JERUSALEM_TURKS_BODY}
    {JERUSALEM_TURKS_TITLE}

I did start a new game after i moved the files. I tried different variations and always started a new game.

The mod is: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-TW&highlight=

As for why i asked here, it takes to long for the mod maker to answer. Has been months since her last post.

Frunk's Avatar The Duke Returns
    Artifex Content Staff Moderation Mentor Curator

I take it the problem is solved?
    I'm currently on leave. Please consider contacting another member of staff.

FrunkSpace | Mod Announcements | Colonies & Empires

Under the patronage of Iskar of the House of Siblesz. I'm proud patron of:

atthias | PaulH | Athos187