Thread: Release Date?

Default Release Date?

any news on this mod??

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Default Re: Release Date?

A release won't happen till after RO has been released.

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by julianus heraclius
    A release won't happen till after RO has been released.
    Very well, now .. not to put any kind of pressure on you julianus, but may I ask you if you can give us some information about any estimated release date for RO?

No pressure of course. RO will be released before Imperivm Constantini. But seriously, have finished populating the new map. Am in the process of adding cultural unique names which believe me is a tedious job. All models are done, though I'm sure their will be revisions. I am adding some roman helmets from RTW2 Divide et Impera expansion. Jonas is completing the 2d building pictures. Then it will be on to adding the unique traits and ancillaries for the mod. We are getting there.

Well, I hope the release date is close since the RO beta has been released
    Fall of the Republic & Rise of the Empire: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...FRRE-mod-links

Quote Originally Posted by l5c4sl3m0s View Post
    Well, I hope the release date is close since the RO beta has been released
    As IB-IC will be released once IB-RO BETA has been fully finalised. That is because IB-IC is based on IB-RO. I would hope that a BETA release would happen by the middle of next year at the latest.

Quote Originally Posted by julianus heraclius View Post
    As IB-IC will be released once IB-RO BETA has been fully finalised. That is because IB-IC is based on IB-RO. I would hope that a BETA release would happen by the middle of next year at the latest.
    Hmm, that's very good. And it makes all sense that Imperivm Constantini is based on Restitvtor Orbis, after all it is a follow-up, historically and chronologically speaking. Can't wait for Restitvtor to be complete, though.

Do you, the developers, intend to add scripted missions for the main factions? In order to give historicity to the mod, with a time limit for each mission and if you fail you will have a penalty in your future policy, with the objective of destroying a certain faction or capturing territory ... This is just a suggestion to improve what already it's good.
    I saw that when playing RO there is a feature similar to the one I described above, so I think it is possible.
    Last edited by l5c4sl3m0s; October 16, 2020 at 02:04 PM.
    Fall of the Republic & Rise of the Empire: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...FRRE-mod-links

Quote Originally Posted by l5c4sl3m0s View Post
    Do you, the developers, intend to add scripted missions for the main factions? In order to give historicity to the mod, with a time limit for each mission and if you fail you will have a penalty in your future policy, with the objective of destroying a certain faction or capturing territory ... This is just a suggestion to improve what already it's good.
    I saw that when playing RO there is a feature similar to the one I described above, so I think it is possible.
    I'm not sure what you mean by scripted missions? If you mean senate missions like in vanilla RTW then no. Perhaps you could elaborate me on how to do this. I would love to add this feature to IC and RO.

Quote Originally Posted by _TotalWar_ View Post
    Hmm, that's very good. And it makes all sense that Imperivm Constantini is based on Restitvtor Orbis, after all it is a follow-up, historically and chronologically speaking. Can't wait for Restitvtor to be complete, though.
    Apart from Joar's 2d work, RO is basically complete. Just have been tweaking via peoples comments and feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by julianus heraclius View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean by scripted missions? If you mean senate missions like in vanilla RTW then no. Perhaps you could elaborate me on how to do this. I would love to add this feature to IC and RO.
    Script missions in which I mentioned, would be like in the mods of the Fall of the Republic and the Beginning of the Empire (FRRE and FMIR) not Senate missions as in the vanilla. In these mods when starting a campaign with a certain faction like the SPQR on 77BC, when you click on a city you receive the mission by the Advisor that causes you to follow a chronological order of missions, end a certain enemy faction in a given number of turns, on 58BC (58BC Caesar Imperator) is like this, "First Mission: The Helvetii Horde
    It is the spring of 58 BC. The interests of the res publica are endangered. Scouts have
    confirmed reports that a huge horde, no less than 300,000 peoples of the Helvetii
    migrate westwards and threaten the integrity of Gallia Transalpina. This menace must
    be eradicated with immediate effect. The Helvetii must be defeated prior to the winter
    of 58 BC. Failure might have fatal consequences for your political fortunes
    Defeat all the Helvetii stacks at least once and eliminate the Helvetii leader, Divico ".

Well, let's go to the examples for RO with the campaign with Aurelian in 270:

"Imperivm Romanvm
    First Mission: Opposition to Quintillus
    When Claudius died, his brother Quintillus took power with the support of the Senate. The army refused to recognize the new emperor, preferring to support one of its commanders: Aurelian was proclaimed legions of Sirmium emperor. Aureliano must defeat Quintilo's troops to be recognized as Emperor by the Senate. Until the end of the year 270, if you do not meet the given date, there will be penalties for your future politic."

Well, this is my suggestion for improving the mod. These missions can follow the chronological order of Aurelian's conflicts, going through the wars with Zenobia until the final part with the conquest of the Gallic Empire.
    If you are successful in missions, you will earn rewards like money, plus legions. But for failures, there will be a penalty such as negative income for some shifts and loss of traits.
    To represent the recruitment of troops by Aurelian for the Conquest of the Palmyrene Empire, I recommend adding scripts that gave veteran legions in the year of the conquest, which historically was in 272.

These are my ideas for improving the mod.

---ADD---

I particularly like the campaigns more so, for the purposes, you can even have an installer to add the scripts for the campaign, as well as the installers in the Options folder.

58BC mission guide, take a look to serve as a base if you want to add missions, you should create them.

58BC_Guide_V_0.1.rar
    Last edited by l5c4sl3m0s; October 17, 2020 at 10:16 AM.