Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Gaming Staff Announcement / Statement

Default Re: Gaming Staff Announcement / Statement

I'll end this thread with that. This is clearly going nowhere. I hope at least my side of the story (as limited as I'm able to convey it) has at least given some pause to question the unfiltered whispers that have been going around. Nobody seems to have any matter beyond the one 'matter' that I'm heavily restricted from saying much about and incapable of changing even if I wanted to. I agree with Hex's decision. That decision is not changing. I will be sorry to see anyone go, but that's your choice, I wish everyone the best. Please feel free to PM me if you've any questions not addressed.

In closing I thank every for participating, especially those that remained civil and attempted at least to stir up towards actual new topics of discussion.

My Regards
    - Soul

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

For the record, after seeing many of the comments in this thread, the Hexagon Council wishes to expand on a few points. First, the HS section is managed by an appointed Director, who is appointed by Hex and makes all of the usual day to day decisions. The Site Administration gets involved when there are disciplinary cases to be handled: other than issues with ToS, which usually lead to the removal of the offender from Staff, we also deal with cases of breaking of SND (staff non-disclosure) and staff members acting in an unsuitable manner (both towards regular members or other staffers).

In this specific case, it is worth to mention that Jadli had decided to abandon TWC (and hence started to send PMs to many, if not all, HS players) before he actually got a temporary local forumban and then a site-wide suspension, and that the said forumban has nothing to do with him deciding to leave, but with repeated violation of the rules set up to enable Gaming Staff to function and this part of the site to prosper. These decisions are never made lightly.

To clarify one last point: Hex is very careful when it comes to removing people from staff, but when there are serious disciplinary or behavioural issues they always have precedence over the productivity of a staffer, or their popularity. In other words: no matter how good Jadli is at running hotseats or how popular he is, the way he behaved with regards to the other staffers, Hex and the site in general mean that he can no longer be a staff member. This could be subject to review in the future, but certainly we will not discuss details in public nor we will be pushed to an early review by threats (such as the threat of people leaving TWC, to take one example).

Flinn
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Hader's Avatar Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.
    Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Additionally, for anyone that wants to air the concerns to someone else, or for whatever reasons you may have, please feel free to PM me with them at any time now. I guarantee no specific actions or changes to anything, but hopefully as prior GS hex as well as not being personally involved in hotseats being a double edged sword in a way will prove potentially useful in addressing any of your concerns you feel are not properly addressed now.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234