Thread: Quickest Victory

Default Quickest Victory

I just completed the victory conditions for the HRE playing VH/VH in 38 turns. This was with not reloading battles. I had started off trying to take venice which only got me embroiled into a long conflict with them which led to me getting excommunicated by the pope. To retaliate against the pope, I conquered Rome only to have the new pope declare a crusade against the city. With a crusade declared against me, almost every other catholic faction went to war with me. The strategy I took then was to defeat every other catholic faction as quickly as possible concentrating my forces against them one or two at a time (I didn't stand a chance in a long war as the other catholics had me outnumbered 5 to 1 in military) and destroy the crusading armies sent against me. By turn 38 I had fulfilled the victory conditions, destroying 6 catholic factions in the process. Has anyone else had quick games?

Default Re: Quickest Victory

Wow, never heard of anything like this. Never even knew it was possible, big respect from me mate. Pure owange!

dude thats outragous

Scorch's Avatar One of Giga's Ladies
    Patrician

Ownage. =D Pure. Simple. Ownage.

Very nice, must have taken some serious micromanagement. How long did it actually take you in hours?
    Patronized by Ozymandias, Patron of Artorius Maximus, Scar Face, Ibn Rushd and Thanatos.

The University of Sydney | Bachelor of Arts III (Majoring in Ancient History and Italian Studies)

I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and
    billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.
    - Mark Twain

Godless Musings: A blog about why violent fairytale characters should not have any say in how our society is run.

hehehe.. 38 turns huh? will try to top that in the future..
    i noticed u modded the year.. did u mod anything else?

This was playing with 1.1 vanilla. I'm not sure what you mean by modding the year. The game starts at 1080 and 37 turns later I'm at 1154 which holds to 2 turns a year. The number in the bottom-right corner denotes number of turns, not years. It took me about 30 hours of playing time since I fought almost every battle.

this is a perfect example of how stupid the battle AI is. Try doing this by auto-resolving every single battle.
    "...it is often necessary to act against mercy, against faith, against humanity, against frankness, against religion, in order to preserve the state." Nicolo Machiavelli

my last was 45 turns with turks so longer distances to cover.
    although I auto resolve alot of the battles if I actually played all the battles it would be faster.

Mr Longbowman's Avatar Campidoctor

I got 29 on easy with cheat codes

But not something like yours.