Thread: AvernibBattles and units

Default AvernibBattles and units

So I'm doing an Averni campaign and I'm finding the battles really hard. The campaign map is easy due that diplomacy bonus with barbarian factions but whenever I get into a battle I get slaughtered. My early Oathsworn and Heavy Phalanx infantry can barley stand up to light spear infantry and rout fairly quickly. Sieges are a nightmare, sending wave upon wave to get slaughtered.

Any tips for battles?
    Last edited by skillfultree; January 11, 2018 at 09:25 PM.

Beedo83's Avatar Civis

Default Re: AvernibBattles and units

I haven't played them in a while but when I started out, the majority of my main line consisted of the naked spear guys. And yes they will get slaughtered in sieges, I was more than a little heart broken over losing silver chevron units but in the end their sacrifice won me battle after battle. I was pretty disappointed with the early oathsworn and never really used them except for flank guards, theres another unit that works better but I can't remember the name off the top of my head. Eventually you will want to use cavalry for at least 1/3 of your army as Arverni have a really good selection of quality horsemen.

I'll try that

Have you got the battles set to normal?? if not the AI get substantial bonuses.

''THE WARRIORS WERE PAINTED BLUE AND OF A FEARSOME APPEARANCE''

I do, I think the early Averni units might need some re-balancing.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Yes, some Arverni unit will have tweaks to them in the next patch.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod