Thread: Modder's Hub - Resources, Tutorial & More

Default Modder's Hub - Resources, Tutorial & More

Modder's Hub
    Resources, Tutorials & More
    Template by Caligula

IntroductionWelcome to the Modder's Hub for Total War: Attila. This thread is designed to be a place where modders can find various open source models, textures, animations and skeletons that they can use in their own mods, in addition to various tools and tutorials and even a look at unique tweaks that modders have made that explore new areas of modding.

The TERMS OF USE are that if you use a fellow modder's work, you MUST credit them by name, and provide a link back to the source of the original work, whether it is their Steam Workshop or a Total War Center thread.

If you want your own resources implemented into this thread, simply make a post or send a private message.

Models & Textures
    Alaric

Iron Musculata
    Steam Workshop (download link)

So today I started recolouring some vanilla textures. The result being my very first self made "custom asset".
    To be honest I think it still has a lot of room for improvement, but since it's a new thing for me I was excited and decided to share it with everyone here on the workshop!
    This is basically the bronze musculata already available in game but recloured to be an iron version with some bronze decorations - I thought it would be a nice adittion to the game.

Metal Musculata (Bronze & Iron)

For those of you who want variety or simply don't like leather musculatas - I give you a recolour of the vanilla leather musculata in bronze and iron. They are tintable, so to achieve the best result possible follow the colour settings shown on the Steam Workshop, or use the pre-made variantmeshdefinition.

Jeweled Berkasovo & Light Squamata

This is a recolour of the jeweled Berkasovo ridge helmet and the roman light squamata.

Iron Greaves

This is a recolour of the hellenic bronze greaves.

Sebidee

Sebidee's Charlemagne Expanded

This pack file includes all the custom made armour variants used in Sebidee's Charlemagne expanded. Each mesh is made for specific cultures and come complete with impostor models to make sure each unit has a varying level of detail.

Stealth4Health

Spatha 400 AD
    Total War Center (extra information)

I created this Spatha based on one of Patrick Bárta's reproductions (Catalogue number: 149). The sword itself is said to be based on a find in Samson, Belgium and is dated to 400 AD. It is fully textured with high quality 2k size texture maps included (for you to scale down if you want) and already rigged and converted into rigidmodel_v2 and also supports following features:
    • Three different model variants (Sword; Scabbard without Sword; Scabbard and Sword)
    • 3 different handmade LODs (Level Of Details) each for better performance

Late Roman Shield

I created this shield to be a more historical accurate representation of a late Roman shield, the shape being based on the N˛ = H˛ - W˛ formula (N being half the distance between two nails, H being half the height of the shield and W being half the width). It is fully textured with high quality 2k size texture maps included (for you to scale down if you want) and already converted into rigidmodel_v2 and also supports following features:
    • tint feature
    • decals
    • decal dirtmaps
    • 4 different LODs (Level Of Details) for best performance

Mainz Gladius (Rome 2)

I created this Gladius based on one of Albions Swords' reproductions (The Allectus). The short sword itself is a Roman Mainz style Gladius. It is thought to have developed from the leaf-bladed short swords used on the Celt-Iberian peninsula and adopted for use in the Republican Legions. The Mainz pattern is deeply waisted and has a long point section like the earlier Gladius Hispaniensis, but is shorter and broader than its predecessor.
    It is fully textured with high quality 2k size texture maps included (for you to scale down if you want) and already converted into rigidmodel_v2 and also features 3 different handmade LODs (Level Of Details) for better performance.

Roman Cardiophylax (Rome 2)

I hope you like my new pectoral armour model, the reflectivity of it ingame isn't perfect yet though, I'll work on that.
    It is fully textured with high quality 2k size texture maps included (for you to scale down if you want) and already converted into rigidmodel_v2 and also features handmade LODs (Level Of Details) for better performance.

Tunica (Rome 2)

I had a lot of fun creating this tunic. It is fully textured with high quality 2k size texture maps included (for you to scale down if you want). I wanted to see how it would look like ingame and quickly rigged and converted it to rigidmodel_v2. It's definitely not the best rig, there is a bit of clipping and the sleeves don't work very well yet so I might come back and improve that but I think it's okay for now.

• Four different model variants (Bright Red; Dark Red; White; Off White) + a tintable variant
    • 4 different LODs (Level Of Details) for optimal performance

succettitim6

Carolingian Cavalry Helmet

I just made this helmet the other day for the upcoming DLC. It is not assigned to any in-game units yet, but if you want to use it in ANY mods, feel free. If you want to put me in credits, go ahead, but I won't have a fit if you don't. I am all for having an open source community so again, if you like this model, use it in your mod.

Viking Age Helmet OSP (and norse heavy maurader reskin)

Here's another model I made in anticipation of the Age of Charlemagne DLC. It is based on the "gjermundbu" archaelogical find, and it dated around the 9th century I think. As always, this item is OPEN SOURCE, so feel free to use it in any mods you desire.

In this mod I also included a reskin of the norse heavy mauraders unit for those of you who don't mod but wanna check it out in game. Thanks for the support and enjoy.

NOTE: the shield patterns in the screenshots are not included in the mod (they are NOT my work, but because my assembly kit files are a mess I could not trace the original mod they belong to) therefore the shields will just appear with the boring old faction colors.

Viking Helmets Resource Pack

These are 9th/10th century (correct me if I'm wrong please) norse helmets based on the finds at Gjermundbu and Tjele.

I haven't added the LODs to the models and I need to tone done the specularity, but I figured I'd give you guys a preview!

Animations & Skeletons
    Caligula & Mr.Jox

Longbow Animation Bugfix

This fixes a bug that is present in the rome_man_sword_bow_long_foot animations. By default, when the longbowman pulls the bowstring, it teleports into his hand.
    To fix this issue we've ported Total War: Rome 2's longbow animations, so that the bowstring is properly pulled back.

10mb BEFORE and AFTER gifs
    Sebidee

Sebidee's Charlemagne Expanded

This pack also contains the cavalry animations used for the mod.

Tools & Tutorials
    Caligula

Creating Your Legion
    Youtube Playlist

Welcome to this modding series, Creating Your Legion. This will be a Youtube series consisting of 21 parts in which I will teach you how to do database editing, in particular creating a custom battle faction from scratch.
    It is designed for people with 0 experience, and will not require or involve 3D modelling, texturing or artistic stuff of that nature. In case you don't know what database editing is, it pretty much just requires editing values such as this. It covers subjects ranging from actually creating the unit using pre-existing models, getting the unit in-game, stat balancing, custom animations, and much more.

Miguel_80

How To Calculate Campaign Map Co-ordinates (Age of Charlemagne)

If you want to allocate a specific co-ordinate as a starting position in Age of Charlemagne, here are instructions.
    • Open Photoshop or a similar photo editing software and paste the following picture into it. https://i.imgur.com/Of8H5r3.png
    • Draw a box from the bottom left corner to the specific position that you want that character to appear. For example, if you wanted the character to appear in London: https://i.imgur.com/EpzFIq3.jpg
    • Note down the size of that box, these are your co-ordinates. In the above example, the size of the box is 241 by 534. These are your x and y co-ordinates.
    • Now enter these co-ordinates into the game, either with the Assembly Kit, PFM or an ESF Editor.

Modding AcronymsPFM = Pack File Manager, the main tool that modders use.
    DB = Database, where most of the tables you will edit are found.
    VMD = VariantMeshDefinition, the text file that organises all of the models that make up what a unit looks like.
    .loc = Text files that govern in-game text display such as unit names, faction names, ect.

Minor Unique Tweaks*
    Caligula

Lord of the Rings Font

I think this is the first font mod for Total War: Attila.
    I've used the Ringbearer font created by Pete Klassen, and the numbers from the Bookman Old Style font I believe.
    Bugs: The numbers clip a little bit and aren't perfect. I had a lot of trouble finding a font which had numbers that fit into the UI properly.

Supply Wagons & Barrels

Supply Wagon
    The supply wagon is a slow moving chariot unit with next to no combat strength. You can only have one per army.
    Supply Barrel
    The supply barrel is a stationary barrel that is available to defenders in a siege battle. It functions similarly to a bastion onager, in that it can only be placed in specific parts of the walls.
    Refill Ammunition
    This special ability refills 3 ammunition for all units within a 75m vicinity of the wagon or barrel. For the first 25 seconds, this ability reduces the movement speed of units within its range by 75%. At the end of these 25 seconds, the units regain 3 ammunition, and there is a 50 second recharge on the ability. It can only be used ten times.

* Small mods that change things no-one else has ever done, so people can think of trying that type of modding themselves
    Last edited by Commissar Caligula_; February 09, 2018 at 03:36 AM.

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: Modder's Hub - Resources, Tutorial & More

A great initiative!

I've moved this out of the Vault sub-forum.
    FrunkSpace | Mod Announcements | Colonies & Empires

Under the patronage of Iskar of the House of Siblesz. I am the proud patron of:

atthias | PaulH | Athos187

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Ok I've finished the formatting and everything, here ya go. I'll also ask the News Team guys for a front-page announcement about this.
    Have fun keeping it updated, and I'll send you my new stuff whenever I finish it. If you've got any questions about the formatting, feel free to ask.

Thanks a lot Caligula! I'll keep it updated

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Quote Originally Posted by Dingkuhn View Post
    Thanks a lot Caligula! I'll keep it updated
    Very nice initiative!

Maybe you could add please these two threads below also to the Tools/Tutorials section?
    These two mods contain also tutorials and they are fully free for each modder.

Attila AOR Community

Attila Custom Battle Crash Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Halberdier View Post
    Very nice initiative!

Maybe you could add please these two threads below also to the Tools/Tutorials section?
    These two mods contain also tutorials and they are fully free for each modder.

Attila AOR Community

Attila Custom Battle Crash Fix
    Thank you Swiss Halberdier, very much appreciated contribution! I will add these mods to the first post as soon as I have some time

Aguirre's Avatar Decanus

Awesome thread! I hope to be able to put some custom textures here later on