Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TESTING PHASE of the game before publishing offiial build: please, testers, specify here (YOU CAN START TESTING!)

Default TESTING PHASE of the game before publishing offiial build: please, testers, specify here (YOU CAN START TESTING!)

DBM fans!

Here the dedicated thread for the testers who want to play DBM before we have the official release...

When the dl is available, please specify who you are and what campaign you're gonna play... We need testers as the team is small and manpower limited...

I'll be more precise when we have the dl...

Cheers!

Default Re: TESTING PHASE of the game before publishing offiial build: please, testers, specify here

Count me in as a play tester. I'm no modder, but I'll do what I can. I'm sure you'll be posting an outline of what you need us to look for.

Default Re: TESTING PHASE of the game before publishing offiial build: please, testers, specify here

Yes, sure, I will throw the full changelog of the new version and some info for when yo play, but mostly, free gaming as usual is by far ok...

thanks

Hello! Do i need to specify which faction i would like to test here? If thats the case i would like to test the huns and the new greeks city states faction in vh/vh in a long campaign. Cheers!

Default Re: TESTING PHASE of the game before publishing offiial build: please, testers, specify here (YOU CAN START TESTING!)

Quote Originally Posted by thorvaldo View Post
    Hello! Do i need to specify which faction i would like to test here? If thats the case i would like to test the huns and the new greeks city states faction in vh/vh in a long campaign. Cheers!
    Noted, though I think by huns you mean the sarmatians or saka rauka. Aside from general things reworked, these factions have nothing new that is in this version. The romans are the only one to have some specific new features in releasable content for the time be, and they don't have everything either.
    I have a lot of content that I can't release or even share with rafmc yet, for several reasons.

Still, I reworked a lot of things in general, you might not immediatly see, like the traits, and the campaign_script have nothing to do with the old one. So a bug hunt if there are any is welcome for all factions, but romans are the one that need the more tests.

Ah, and all rafmc's new units are already included for everyone.

rafmc, I can't find the change log on modbb?

PS, don't listen to rafmc when he say to be cruel, or be so with him but not with me. I have no patience and don't want or need someone to tell me what to do or how to think. Ah, and it seem important to precise, this version, in many aspects, is not what I wanted for this mod. I am working on a other version, then send what I can of my content for this reason, but we have several conflicting concepts and ways of doing things already.
    Last edited by selv; January 11, 2018 at 02:41 PM.

Default Re: TESTING PHASE of the game before publishing offiial build: please, testers, specify here (YOU CAN START TESTING!)

Eheh selv check in the article.. the one with the pic..

Moreover the change log has other things which you weren't still seeing in the latest pre-release files. From scripts, ancs, events & traits.

All in all test are good with all factions, and particular bias towards the Roman faction as it has prototypes of what is to be extended for others (mainly scripts and traits).

Other than that, we need to see how the reworked textures of map work and if everything runs smooth for them.

Btw Huns are no more, the steppic are saka, sarumatah and skuoa.

The change log is attached in the download then? I am downloading so I will see, I have to look for your 'surprises' in the latest files anyway. Hopefully I will still reconise my content? You scare me sometimes with all your adds and changes.

Don't be scared, i'm no monster. It's yours + latest content of mine.

Btw the changelog, it's the one you see with the pic of the ptlomey soldier and the desert in background.. i mean check DBM page, you cannot miss.

So ok apart that, for others that play, state faction, diff and lenght.. the rest is free.

Ah there is no direct changelog in the game, it was useless.

Downloaded, will install today. It took quite a while. To those downloading, you have to be patient.

yes I know, it's due to the enlarged size and high compression of 7zip, it takes to extract...

I'm sorry for now (being the test version I didnt provide different dls), but the official will have, sure...

About the installation, if Steamer, please provide infos too (I have the instructions on Mdb, but to be sure it's correct how it's written).

....and, most of all, THANKS for testing!

I installed it and attempted to open it and got a graphics error note. So I open it again and reduced all the video settings, still got the error message. I than applied a 4gb patch, still no luck, same error message.

Any thoughts?

P.S. I got the same error message when I first tried launching Europa Barbarorum II. But applied the 4gb patch and everything worked fine.

P.S.S. I running it on Windows 10 (64).
    Last edited by Rick; January 12, 2018 at 03:24 PM.

ok, if Steamer, apart from deleting the map.rwm and the 4gb patch... you also used the batch file provided anew (in the separate download link)?
    try to go in DBM/data/text and delete all .txt.strings files dated 2018 (8 in total), they then regenerate...

after the first launch of the game they have to be again 72 files in total in "text" like before...

gimme short time and I ask Gig about Steamers too

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I installed it and attempted to open it and got a graphics error note. So I open it again and reduced all the video settings, still got the error message. I than applied a 4gb patch, still no luck, same error message.

Any thoughts?

P.S. I got the same error message when I first tried launching Europa Barbarorum II. But applied the 4gb patch and everything worked fine.

P.S.S. I running it on Windows 10 (64).
    That graphic error is on faction selection screen right? I had the same, then I had to use the 4GB patch and the error stopped. But if it persist for you, I have a horrible doubt that rafmc graphics packs are too much for some machine... I was working on a return to the good old graphics for this version in case, old DBM graphics had nothing wrong nor to be ashamed off. I use them on my version. I will post a 'graphic return' pack when able, then we will see if it solve problems on some machines.

Else, well, it might be win 10 I don't know, I am still on win 7, and will say there for a while yet.
    Last edited by selv; January 12, 2018 at 05:06 PM.

mmh, but I don't think, rick is running on W 10 afterall... the fact is about the steam installation procedure.. selv you had the DVD version instead, like me.

I asked Gigantus for confirmation, he will explain in details...

Yeah? I woudn't mind if it is a steam only problem, reversing all your new CAS files is a huge pain. That's why I migrated back on my pre-merging version instead of keeping to reverse your graphics... Let's hope it is more a win 10 or steam problem then, I would rather not to keep working on graphics... At worst I will try to propose a simpler textures change back with simple copy/paste for most might do, rather than full reversal, I have no time or mind for graphics.

ok sure in case you can make a lighter DBM-texture pack for the ones with lower machines, no problem... (like an external submod, there is the dedicated thread too)

Btw, it is about steam, pretty sure... Gig will bring light..

And, hey, there is always time to learn graphics (so you get along) xD

jimbomen95's Avatar Libertus

Hi rafmc, first I have to thank you for having bringed back a great mod (especially made by italians ), I have given an eye to this testing version and I have to point out some things:

about my pc I have windows 10 64bit pro, I have extracted the DBM folder where my mods are located, I use the Steam version, I have the 4GB patch applied, I'm using the batch file specified for Steam, I have deleted both the map.rwm and the string files in text folder and let everything rebuilt.
    however there is a crash that I have met is when I choose to play a campaign with the roman faction, once the loading bar of the menu finish to load it crash to desktop. And the log files only reported about those false positive that have been mentioned. Aside from this crash all other factions work fine, maybe the only boring thing is to always receive each turn from 5 to 7 messages about rebel sacking and garamanthians raids, maybe a way to reduce this spamming would be better, just a suggestion.
    About the italian files I tried to play in italian using the user preferencies batch file but if I do that then the mod crash at launch.
    I hope this will help you and the team to solve these issues because the mod itself is amazing.

Okay, finally got to work. You are right, it was partly my system. The thing to remember is that unless you load a saved game, the mod will always default to your previous mod video selections. The work around is to go into options and change them to a high to medium or medium to lower, your choice. I still need the 4gb patch, but right now it works fine. I haven't gone beyond one turn, but we'll see how it goes.

Any yes, you do have delete the "map.rwn."

ok, guys good... so again, for Steamers, can you provide the exact sequence you did?

Whereas, jimbomen... E certo il mod italiano ci deve stare, no way!!
    Don't revert back to ITA, just ignore those files, they won't work anymore for the 2.0... While, about Romans, well I can play them without issues (are you sure the files deleted in text have been all generated again?)

About the garama raids and rebel attacks/defences, yes they just do nothing at all, info scripts (through time they will reduce, as rebels are set as passive faction without money)...

jimbomen95's Avatar Libertus

ok, the sequecies I have done is the following:
    - downloaded the file from mega
    - extracted it in Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods
    - downloaded the Steam batch file and put it in Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\DBM, replacing the existing one
    - go into data\world\maps\base and deleted the map.rwm file
    - go into data\text and deleted all those string files that are last edited in 2018
    - I launch the game with the provided steam batch file
    - I select to play De Bello Mundi campaign
    - I choose Romans and start the campaign
    Then once the loading bar at the bottom of menu finish to load it throw me back to desktop; about the text files yeah they have regenerated and are 72 in total
    Last edited by jimbomen95; January 12, 2018 at 07:18 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast