Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Minor additions

Default Minor additions

Simple doctoring of units to make them look a bit nicer. Use them to your liking.

No. 1 : New Mordor banner

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mordor_banner.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	350223

mordor_flag.zip

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Default Re: Minor additions

+1 for sharing

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post

+1 for sharing
    seconded+rep
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Works just fine, good job.

No. 2 : same banners for Isengard, Dol Guldur, Misty Mountains and Rhudaur. These may get more variety through textures, but I want to keep these additions easy.

Name:	evil_banners.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	286.0 KB 
ID:	350247

evil_banners.zip

These are cool, I have been waiting long for this tipe of flags.

+rep

Could you make similar flags for some good factions' infantry, too? I don't like the long banners the Elves, Gondor or Rohan have.

I will get to them; although I like Gondor's banners, especially with the regional variants by (...who made it? long time ago...) ... that I use for militia at random for example.

I tried to make a high elven banner carrier; corrected some minor glitches... the flag will look better with a bigger texture; and perhaps a decoration might be attached to the pole... like for the evil factions actually (some skulls or even fresh heads or something, brutally morbid)

Name:	he_banner.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	170.0 KB 
ID:	350331

highel.zip

Here are a few before and after shots to hopefully highlight even more the improvements these meshes make.
    Isengard:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Before

After new mesh added
    Orcs of the Misty Mountains:
    Before

After
    Orcs of Gundabad and Angmâr:
    Before

After new mesh added
    Rhudaur (Evil) Units:
    Before
    After new mesh added
    A side note here is that I will make a new banner texture for the evil Rhudaur units since in the upcoming MOS RK release Rhudaur units will be recruitable by both Gundabad and Misty Mountain Orc factions.
    The lighting isn't the best but here are the new Evil Rhudaur Banners

Last edited by MIKE GOLF; January 16, 2018 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adjudant-Major View Post
    I will get to them; although I like Gondor's banners, especially with the regional variants by (...who made it? long time ago...) ... that I use for militia at random for example.

I tried to make a high elven banner carrier; corrected some minor glitches... the flag will look better with a bigger texture; and perhaps a decoration might be attached to the pole... like for the evil factions actually (some skulls or even fresh heads or something, brutally morbid)
    I really like the Gondor regional banner variants, too, what I do not like are the long, narrow, horizontal banners. They look a bit silly for infantry, this hanging banner type, like the one you made for Elves suit infantry better, in my opinion.

You are right... I will try something; it will require texture too, but I wanted to put a more complex addition later anyway.

Edit: how about this...

Name:	gondor_banner.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	224.9 KB 
ID:	350344

gondor_banner.zip (contains the model, the attachment texture, and the modeldb code for standard placement of the textures)
    Last edited by Adjudant-Major; January 17, 2018 at 09:27 AM.

Man, that is amazing! Respect!

Thank you for the idea

Gondor arrives.

Name:	gondor_banners.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	853.5 KB 
ID:	350351

The textures... use them to your liking: gondor_inf_banner_textures.zip

Excellent work!

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Neat

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

f0ndiE^'s Avatar Civis

A silly one. Is this save game compatible?

It is; for the evil and high elven banners all you need to do is to overwrite the respective banner carrier models in ...Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age_3\data\unit_models\_generals_and_captains\northern_captain_flag (make backup, like always)

The first file about Gondor is a more tricky installation, you add the mesh to the northern_captain_flag folder, add the texture to the attachments folder, and add the code to modeldb, and finally to the infantry units in edu (see tutorials). It wasn't meant as "minor addition"; and the last one is basically just "resources" - textures that able modders can use in combination with the Gondor mesh to create different banner carriers. Again, not meant as "minor addition", just answer to a particular request.

I will combine these to a more civilized download later together with other things.
    Last edited by Adjudant-Major; January 18, 2018 at 07:55 AM.

Not to rush you at all , but do you have a time estimate on when you will tackle Eriador-Arnor banner carriers and the dwarven banner carriers? I think that for MOS at any rate, that a new mesh is all that will be needed for Dale, Eriador and the Dwarves since they all have the same type of banners. Keep up the excellent work!

I've finished my Dol Amroth troops, so Eriador/Arnor follow directly (next week).

Sounds good, looking forward to your work.

chriskourou's Avatar Semisalis

Lol

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast