Thread: AI always attacks with less numbers

Default AI always attacks with less numbers

There is this one obnoxious problem which is quite common thing in RTW, specifically the AI always attacking you with inferior numbers as if it had an advantage in terms of fighting power but it has not... this translates, for example, in a Roman army attacking me with 4 units of legio first cohorts ( 480 men in total ), in hope of defeating my much larger army, numbering more than 800 men, with such men being even with legionaries in terms of fighting prowess. This results almost always in heroic victory for the human player.

Now i know that the AI on Very Hard campaign difficulty gets a large bonus on auto resolve battles, which is probably why it will attack you with relatively weak armies, resulting often in the unnecessary loss of precious troops... if you do autoresolve tho, it will result either in your defeat, or a very costly victory. Sometimes it will attack with a full stack of quality troops but this doesn't happen often.

Is there any way to counter this? I'm tired of seeing the computer literally throwing away it's armies like they can defeat a much larger force with ease.
    Last edited by Ironlich; January 26, 2018 at 06:58 AM.

Default Re: AI always attacks with less numbers

Yeah that can suck.