Thread: Megas Alexandros Plans

Default Megas Alexandros Plans

I know people have tried to make such a campaign before and given up so I know it's not going to be easy. I know it may take several months. However, I have to say I appreciate the fact the EB II team allows the common player to tinker with their masterpiece and be creative. It will be quite nostalgic for me to make this.

First of all, I plan to cut the map down in size. That way I can also cut out a lot of irrelevant factions and improve performance. Imo one of the biggest disadvantages of the M2TW is how easily the heavy mods run into 3+ minute turn times. Here the scope of the imperial campaign won't be needed so hopefully that problem can be mitigated. I want the eventual gameplay of the submod to be feel like an obstacle course for Macedonia. Difficult and varied conquests to make under time and economic pressure.

I'll post updates here semi-regularly but don't expect progress to be too fast. It will take more than modifying a few text files.

Default Re: Megas Alexandros Plans

I'm assuming you have GeoMod installed? It will help with all the map-related changes you might want to make.

Thanks for that. I'd heard about Geomod before around here but I forgot about it.

Ok this is embarrassing given what things I said in my OP but I have to put this on the back burner. There was another mod project I was a part of that I genuinely didn't expect to be working on anymore when I made this post. However, because of some recent developments in that project I've committed to it again and I wouldn't be able to juggle 2 mods at once. Maybe one day....