Thread: Napoleon Seems to be Under the Impression that my $4,000 2016 Alienware Sucks

Default Napoleon Seems to be Under the Impression that my $4,000 2016 Alienware Sucks

I've got a top of the line Alienware 17" laptop from 2016, but the highest the game will let me set the graphics is medium. I'm assuming that this is because the game is too old recognise my hardware, or due to some software incompatibility.

Does anyone know of a work around?

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Default Re: Napoleon Seems to be Under the Impression that my $4,000 2016 Alienware Sucks

The only thing I can think of is about your hardware and playing a game that requires a lot of resources from both the CPU and video card at the same time might be the reason why you cannot set the graphics higher than medium.

Personally, I got a similar dilemma, as you have now, when I started to play Skyrim back in 2011 and at that time I had a much slower PC than I have today, so what hardware a computer has is an important factor.

Hope that helps.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Default Re: Napoleon Seems to be Under the Impression that my $4,000 2016 Alienware Sucks

It is a common problem, that you would get also with Empire. The game doesnt take into account your real RAM because there's too much, basically.

Here's a guide on how to unlock High and Very High on your laptop. It's for Empire but it works the exact same way for Napoleon.
    My Mods and Projects

- Realism Core v5 for La Monteé de L'Empire 4.2 (NTW)
    - Battle Chaos, give life to your fights! (NTW)
    - Battleterrain Mod, larger, better campaign battle maps (NTW)
    - Developer for 1800 (ETW) battle mechanics, unit stats
    - Developer for Victoria Total War (ETW) unit modeller \ texturer
    - Developer of Rise of the Eagles (MTW2 - HOSTED), creator \ db \ models \ textures
    - Risorgimento 1859 The Franco-Austrian War (NTW), creator \ developer

Awesome! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Sirlion View Post
    It is a common problem, that you would get also with Empire. The game doesnt take into account your real RAM because there's too much, basically.

Here's a guide on how to unlock High and Very High on your laptop. It's for Empire but it works the exact same way for Napoleon.
    That Guide is not working since it overrides anything.