Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: *Campaign Play-through Preview - Roman Republic*

Default Re: *Campaign Play-through Preview - Roman Republic*

I think no one cares . But no we don't have a supply mechanic, even though as far as I am aware its mostly done and working, just can't use it as it is tied to the framework.
    Vespasian's own: Up the Augusta! For Cato!

AE: Battle Balancing and BAI.

_Tyr_'s Avatar Civis

I think no one cares . But no we don't have a supply mechanic, even though as far as I am aware its mostly done and working, just can't use it as it is tied to the framework.

Untrue, would be great to see a similar system to DeI in place. What does that mean, "tied to the framework" though? What kind of framework? Hasn't it been that one scriper (hardballer?) who was working on that thing, together with the manpower system? Since the latter didn't work out he left it unfinished and both are ruined now? Or am I getting something completely wrong here?

UMCenturion's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by _Tyr_ View Post
    Untrue, would be great to see a similar system to DeI in place. What does that mean, "tied to the framework" though? What kind of framework? Hasn't it been that one scriper (hardballer?) who was working on that thing, together with the manpower system? Since the latter didn't work out he left it unfinished and both are ruined now? Or am I getting something completely wrong here?
    Essentially it is just Petellius and I as the main team members working on the mod now. Many have come and are still apart of the team. I cannot explain the work put in by Philip and Will, but life takes us different directions. With that said, Pete and I do not have the time nor experience to create such a script. So once mod is released, we encourage other modders to be heavily involved with sub mods that could compliment main gameplay, or be integrated completely. Just unfortunate how it worked out.

Mod Lead - UI/2D Art - Custom Map Editing

_Tyr_'s Avatar Civis

Yes, I realized that only both of you are left. Thats very very unfortunate, but happens.
    I can't overstate though, how glad and thankful I am (and probably all of the fans eagerly waiting for this mod) of both you and Petellius for your persistant efforts to bring this mod to life despite all the difficulties and the moaning people.
    I'm sure once the campaign is rolling, there are going to be submods added to enhance the experience for us. You just have to communicate this broadly enough for people to recognize your and the mods real situation.

you know that you are kraving me?

Damn, can't wait! Great work guys!

HOOOOW TO DOWNLOAD THIS ING MOD!!!!

Thanx for sharing UMCenturion. This is quite an impressive economy. I like it.

PLEASE UPLOAD THIS MOD

Very very impressing! Great work! Keep it up and u will achieve success.

If i may ask one question, is the battle AI from Jacky build the same as the custom battle Ai in the steam workshop? It looks like Jacky one showed so good reaction... Thank you

No, it's been upgraded a lot since the steam version.

Yerevan's Avatar Campidoctor

Impressive ! Beautiful ! I loved everything I saw. The huge battle right from start reminded me of Roma Surrectum by the way. And the economy system looks great too. Nobody can see that and not be hyped immediately. Would love t see more while waiting to play it. Please, OP, go on !

One small thing I liked (but I might be the only one to like this kind of stuff) is the fact that the loading screen art is not war related. This is the kind of detail that brings immersion and helps to flesh out the civilization side of the game. Shogun 2 was very good at it with its art painting loading screen and incredible music. Because really Attila's vanilla loading screen with their battle scenes and tutorials felt redundant to me.
    Last edited by Yerevan; January 20, 2018 at 11:58 PM.
    " Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! "

Joysong's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Yerevan View Post
    Impressive ! Beautiful ! I loved everything I saw. The huge battle right from start reminded me of Roma Surrectum by the way. And the economy system looks great too. Nobody can see that and not be hyped immediately. Would love t see more while waiting to play it. Please, OP, go on !

One small thing I liked (but I might be the only one to like this kind of stuff) is the fact that the loading screen art is not related. This is the kind of detail that brings immersion and helps to flesh out the civilization side of the game. Shogun 2 was very good at it with its art painting loading screen and incredible music. Because really Attila's vanilla loading screen with their battle scenes and tutorials felt redundant to me.
    i hope some scripters get hyped by this. because it would be a major asset to see supply and manpower systems work in Ancient Empires. lets poke them

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

Nice job..really looking great! Eagerly awaiting this!

Yerevan's Avatar Campidoctor

please delete
    " Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! "

player or ai could raise a 30~40+ legions with 100,000+ men like realism?

ex) even cantabrians(minor faction in Hispania) raise 100,000 men against roman empire.

i saw extraordinary incomes in certain seasons from youtube.

it will be a great fun without personal edits if what im thinking is right.
    Last edited by servent9; January 21, 2018 at 04:43 AM.

Hey, I've seen some chat in here about scripts and got some private messages so would like to leave some thoughts and information.#

None of Hardballer's code is used in AE. They weren't ever really complete or ready to be used. He quit the team immediately after I was reinvited, and I investigated his code to determine what of it could be used but it was too incomplete to use in the mod, especially systems like manpower which was only a UI prototype with no code to actually implement the gameplay mechanics.

The framework being referred to is my own, and regrettably it started apparently crashing the game under certain circumstances sometime after I stopped seriously working on it. I've not really taken a close look at these issues.

The supply script exists and is effectively finished, I believe, however it cannot be easily removed from the framework due to relying on it for saving/loading data.

On manpower: it's clean code, not much is hardcoded, but it's unfinished. It needs changes to properly work with AE's game mechanics and AoR system. The key missing component is a proper system for population growth. There's also probably certain changes and fixes to be made in the population tracking system we utilize for multiplayer and AI recruitment compatibility, but I wouldn't remember exactly as I've not looked at it for a good while.

All of the systems are there in some form or another, and there's certainly a good foundation to build upon (I'm pretty confident that the various framework tools such as error logging and save/loading data functionality are some of the best of any scripts out there for Warscape TW). I'm sure that a good scripter with a bit of time could finish it without too much difficulty. You can find all the source code for all of AE's various scripts here: https://bitbucket.org/Causeless/ae-tools/src and here: https://bitbucket.org/Causeless/ancientempiresscripts/src
    Last edited by Causeless; January 21, 2018 at 05:43 AM.
    modificateurs sans frontières

Developer for Ancient Empires
    (scripter, developed tools for music modding, tools to import custom battle maps into campaign)

Lead developer of Attila Citizenship Population Mod
    (joint 1st place for Gameplay Mods in 2016 Modding Awards)

Assisted with RMV2 Converter
    (2nd place for Warscape Engine Resources in 2016 Modding Awards)

Quote Originally Posted by Causeless View Post
    Hey, I've seen some chat in here about scripts and got some private messages so would like to leave some thoughts and information.#

None of Hardballer's code is used in AE. They weren't ever really complete or ready to be used. He quit the team immediately after I was reinvited, and I investigated his code to determine what of it could be used but it was too incomplete to use in the mod, especially systems like manpower which was only a UI prototype with no code to actually implement the gameplay mechanics.

The framework being referred to is my own, and regrettably it started apparently crashing the game under certain circumstances sometime after I stopped seriously working on it. I've not really taken a close look at these issues.

The supply script exists and is effectively finished, I believe, however it cannot be easily removed from the framework due to relying on it for saving/loading data.

On manpower: it's clean code, not much is hardcoded, but it's unfinished. It needs changes to properly work with AE's game mechanics and AoR system. The key missing component is a proper system for population growth. There's also probably certain changes and fixes to be made in the population tracking system we utilize for multiplayer and AI recruitment compatibility, but I wouldn't remember exactly as I've not looked at it for a good while.

All of the systems are there in some form or another, and there's certainly a good foundation to build upon (I'm pretty confident that the various framework tools such as error logging and save/loading data functionality are some of the best of any scripts out there for Warscape TW). I'm sure that a good scripter with a bit of time could finish it without too much difficulty. You can find all the source code for all of AE's various scripts here: https://bitbucket.org/Causeless/ae-tools/src and here: https://bitbucket.org/Causeless/ancientempiresscripts/src
    Bump ^

Thanks Causeless

Joysong's Avatar Miles

from Jackie fish: The March To Carthage - Ancient Empire Total War Rome Campaign #3
    LIKE IT!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwNXdE9tOfA

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast