Thread: Save Game Crash

Icon1 Save Game Crash

I installed Empire - Total War with Darthmod 8.1 yesterday and it ran very well. I got to turn 30 and powered down for the day. Now, it appears that every save file from that campaign is corrupted, and when I try to load one of them, my pc crashes to desktop. I searched around for a solution but haven't been able to find any. Also, yesterday I was able to load those saves with no problem. I am running on Windows 10 and using Steam to launch Empire. If you have any feedback I'd appreciate it.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Default Re: Save Game Crash

Hi evstock, I experienced the save game corruption too when using DarthMod. Uninstalling the game and reinstalling it did not fix the problem (even when I played the game without mods). The solution which worked for me is explained here. (Unfortunately, I cannot guarantee that it will work for everyone. If it doesn't work, I can't suggest another solution except for re-installing the game, verifying your local files and re-installing your mod(s) - which you have probably tried already.)

That fixed the immediate problem. However, it did not prevent the saved game corruption bug from starting again. For me, the solution was to use a different mod - Empire Total Factions, which is available from the StartPos Mods sub-forum of ETW Hosted Mods (plus Bran's Battle AI, Shokh Hates Sieges and a unit pack - either Swiss Halberdier's Additional Units Mod or my Minor & Emergent Factions Unit Pack - which are available from the sub-forums of ETW Modifications.)

DarthMod players might be able to advise you on how to play DarthMod without experiencing the saved game corruption bug. My guess is that the big happens when we change options in the DarthMod launcher and load a save, but I could be wrong.
    Last edited by Alwyn; January 07, 2018 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    Hi evstock, I experienced the save game corruption too when using DarthMod. Uninstalling the game and reinstalling it did not fix the problem (even when I played the game without mods). The solution which worked for me is explained here.
    Ah OK. I did see the solution you mentioned above. I'm not using any other mods and haven't made any changes to Darthmod in the launcher; I simply opened Steam and loading Empire. I'll probably just play Vanilla for now, as the possibility of having to constantly restart campaigns is turning me off. Thanks for the fast reply.

Quote Originally Posted by evstock View Post
    Ah OK. I did see the solution you mentioned above. I'm not using any other mods and haven't made any changes to Darthmod in the launcher; I simply opened Steam and loading Empire. I'll probably just play Vanilla for now, as the possibility of having to constantly restart campaigns is turning me off. Thanks for the fast reply.
    Do you have the darthmod launcher open when you start empire? I tried everything, uninstalling and all before I realised.

//Lynxen

Solved! I have been tinkering but didn't realize you need to open the launcher and hit "Start" each time you reopen the program. Thank you!