Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The future of the IB2 mods

Default Re: The future of the IB2 mods

I can't provide actual proof as CA's always been stupidly secretive about it, but i'm pretty sure that goes only for RTW engine where on harder difficulties AI units get substantial bonuses in attack/defense. In M2TW afaik AI gets bonuses for morale and stamina but not for actual combat stats, it'd absolutely feel if AI's units had such bonuses especially in situations like castle walls. Lot of big battles have just been walls of heavy infantry slowly wearing each other down and my (limited) cavalry numbers had hard time routing them if i didn't kill their general, but i never felt combat mismatches like that, something i absolutely felt in RTW when i played on VH there.

Maiar93's Avatar Primicerius

The good thing about the battle AI is that it's really suicidal with their general. I usually have a few horse archer units in any given army and get them to focus on a single general's unit, maybe send out my own general to do a quick charge on the AI's advancing archers, that often draws out their general too. It's a shame there's no really heavy cavalry in the game (Scholae Palatinae are a bit too few in number I'd say), otherwise I'd go full Skantarios with my army comps, nothing but HA and some heavy cav
    Predictor of AAR Plot Points and a wannabe forum ninja

Oh yeah, that works if enemy doesnt have lot of cavalry to interrupt your HA's and sadly Allamani just spam hordes of them. It's a good tactic but micromanaging several HA's to fire from the sides/back is bit of a pain in the ass if they're all separated. Another thing that often works is if you can get a heavy cav charge into the side of unit he's on (if he's infantry): sometimes just assassinates him instantly. Yeah it's bit of a shame that there's no Cataphracts but being real they're extremely unrealistic sadly. There are some very good merc heavy cav as well at least.

Maiar93's Avatar Primicerius

I'd have to scale down unit sizes if I really wanted to field big HA armies. Otherwise no space on the map
    Predictor of AAR Plot Points and a wannabe forum ninja

Hi. IB 1 and 2 are my fav modes, I'm playing them occasionally. If anyone wants, I can give countless reports. By the way I should mention that I'm looking all of IB categories for update news every week for almost seven years. I'm a little bored modding text files and upgrading the mod and teaching my friends. I guess I'll bored from game in twenty years...

see ya

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12