View Poll Results: You have TWO voted and must use both! Which two AARs should win?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • To Rule the Earth (We Already Rule the Waves)

3 37.50%
  • The Misadventures of Diabolical Amazons

3 37.50%
  • After the Crusade

3 37.50%
  • La Fleur et L'épée: SS6.4 France

5 62.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: MAARC LXXIII - Voting Thread

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Default MAARC LXXIII - Voting Thread

Creative Workshop Competitions - Check out our sister competitions here on TWC! << Picture of the Week Competitions | Tale of the Week Competition | Monthly Writers' Study Competitions >>

The Writers' Study Presents:
    MAARC LXXIII

Voting

You have TWO votes. You must use both votes; you need to cast them both at the same time.

If you use the wrong number of votes, please send a private message to the competition organiser before voting ends,
    indicating which submissions you wanted to vote for.

If you use the wrong number of votes and do not contact the organiser before voting ends, then none of your votes will count.

Advertising

Advertising of the competition is allowed. Inviting people to vote for their favourite AAR is okay.

Asking for votes for a particular submission is not allowed and will result in disqualification.

Breaking the rules will result in measures at the discretion of the Writers' Study Staff.

Submissions

Submission 1 To Rule the Earth (We Already Rule the Waves)

Snippets and short stories from my current campaign, in the style of my previous AAR, which was the victim of a game-breaking bug.
    M2TW
    Stainless Steel 6.4, latest RBAI version
    English, Early Era, H/H.

Submission 2 The Misadventures of Diabolical Amazons

Bickering Amazons and their allies battle stereotypical monsters and bigger monsters, clumsy angels and each other in their mad quests for fame and loot in my dearest old hacking and slashing role playing game Diablo II. Follow Snövit (Snow White), Rödluvan (Little Red Riding Hood), Askungen (Cinderella), Törnrosa (Sleeping Beauty) and Rapunzel on their politically satirical misadventures. For once and only once 100 % vanilla, as Diablo II is the only game I will never choose to mod.

Factions? Well, something like this...
    Snövit - liberal and capitalistic and snowy.
    Rödluvan - social and redblooded and fiery.
    Askungen - environmentally green and grassrootly decentralised.
    Törnrosa - enlightened and administratively topruling.
    Rapunzel - critically evaluating.

Submission 3 Tales After the Crusade

These tales are based upon the Medieval II Total War game using Stainless Steel 6.4 with the Bug Compilation v 1.27. Please read it and laugh and cry along with Lord Fleury the Bastard Son of King Phillip of France as he sets out on his first chance to please his father on a mission at the young age of only 14. Gosh, I was a brat in junior high school at that age and my only mission was to survive walking past the school's flag pole at the end of the day. As long as I am self promoting here is my blog post discussing my problems and challenges creating the Fleury character.

Submission 4 La Fleur et L'épée: SS6.4 France

Almost two hundred years have passed since the death of Charlemagne and the division of his great Empire. The Kingdoms of France and Germany, and the Italian city-states, once the Frankish, Bavarian, and Lombardian kingdoms united under the Holy Roman Emperor are all autonomous powers. The Germans claim the legacy of Charlemagne, dubbing themselves the Holy Roman Empire, and the birthplace of the Empire, the Kingdom now known as France has fallen from glory. The ruling Capet family claim descent from Charlemagne but are not direct scions of the Carolingian Martel line. With the recent conquest of England by the Duke of Normandy, a one-time subject of the crown, and the expanding powers of both the Italian Dukes and the German Emperor, it seems France's time is running thin. Many of the Dukes and Barons have already begun to go their own way, claiming independence from the crown. However, there are those who will do whatever it takes to see France rise once more, and their time to act is now.

Best of luck to everyone who entered!

Caillagh de Bodemloze's Avatar to rede I me delyte

Default Re: MAARC LXXIII - Voting Thread

That was a really difficult choice. Best of luck to everyone!

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness

Thanks to NorseThing and Maltacus who sent their second votes to me by private message before the poll ended. Both votes were for Tales After the Crusade, which means that both Tales After the Crusade and La Fleur et L'épée: SS6.4 France have five votes each. The tie-breaker thread will be up soon.

NorseThing's Avatar Primicerius

The fact that my second vote was for myself may seem to be a good reason to require two votes, but it does nothing to discourage voting for ones own work. An interesting problem with so few members taking to the polls. So how can we get more members to read and vote?