Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Imported ETW and NTW models_naval and Sail & Rigging logic into S2.

Default Re: Imported ETW and NTW models_naval and Sail & Rigging logic into S2.

Latest update:
    Click to view content: 
    For my mod, i will make nation specific ships:

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by izzi View Post
    Latest update:
    Click to view content: 
    Awesome !

Okay, I upload the models_naval of FoTS ships imported to ETW if someone want to give it a try. Don't know, not sure if it will work. There's a readme in the zip. Somehow the FoTS to NTW don't pack, so I just post the ETW one for now.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/jlm4e6fdi7..._naval.7z?dl=0

Quintus Hortensius Hortalus's Avatar Lex duodecim tabularum
    Citizen

Latest update:
    Click to view content: 
    Great work! (Sadly I can't give you more rep)

And sorry my former question wasn't clear, I was asking if it would be possible the port NTW ship models to ETW. As far as I understood things they should have the same file type so this would not be the problem.

Under the patronage of wangrin my workshop

Quote Originally Posted by Quintus Hortensius Hortalus View Post

And sorry my former question wasn't clear, I was asking if it would be possible the port NTW ship models to ETW. As far as I understood things they should have the same file type so this would not be the problem.
    The model, I think yes they are similar file type. The models_naval have differences though, need to be edited a bit. So you're interested in it?

If the file extension the same, than yes.

Can you edit the models, or the paint schemes? I don't think the French were using the white/black colours in the 1860's.

Most of the late sail ships where black/white before they got replaced by the steam engine:
    Click to view content: 

Latest update:
    Click to view content: 
    I imported with succes all NTW naval cannons (6lb, 9lb, 12lb, 18lb, 24lb, 32lb and 32 carronade and 64 carronade)

Waitwaitwait, how did you add grape shot and chain shot? I've tried adding alternate shots but to no avail (the game only recognizes one of the assigned projectile on the table or nothing at all). Are those have to be added via Assembly Kit (I hate S2's BoB, unlike Attila's); or you just replace existing alternate shots? Cannons up to 32lbers are still in S2, no need to import; Carronades do need to be imported alright; but alternate shots, that totally different - not to mention projectile models change between NTW to S2.
    Last edited by You_Guess_Who; January 24, 2018 at 08:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by You_Guess_Who View Post
    Waitwaitwait, how did you add grape shot and chain shot? I've tried adding alternate shots but to no avail (the game only recognizes one of the assigned projectile on the table or nothing at all). Are those have to be added via Assembly Kit (I hate S2's BoB, unlike Attila's); or you just replace existing alternate shots? Cannons up to 32lbers are still in S2, no need to import; Carronades do need to be imported alright; but alternate shots, that totally different - not to mention projectile models change between NTW to S2.
    I already implemented all the NTW projectiles that are assigned to all those guns.
    Grape and chain shot are still in Shogun2TW. Heck, many snippits of NTW data are inside S2TW. You have to look at the projectiles tables and compare with NTW. You will see there, that those projectiles are all still there. And with the experience i gained with my own mod, i knew exactly what to do.

Latest Update:
    Click to view content: 
    I added now an entirely new ship with the imported model and also all the data values assigned to that ship (still Beta). But this what happens when you fight against a more modern ship:
    I stood no change. The ship just exploded and the masts just broke of. It was magnificent to see!

Grape and chain shot are still in Shogun2TW. Heck, many snippits of NTW data are inside S2TW. You have to look at the projectiles tables and compare with NTW. You will see there, that those projectiles are all still there. And with the experience i gained with my own mod, i knew exactly what to do.
    No, I'm not talking about the projectile tables itself nor the projectile_shot_type_enum; I'm talking about how to apply those projectiles as toggleable alternate shot in the gun_type_to_projectiles tables. I already made similar projectiles before, and it works when assigned individually to a gun; however it never worked if I assign more than one projectile to a gun_type. Can you send me your gun_type_to_projectile_tables?
    Last edited by You_Guess_Who; January 24, 2018 at 10:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by You_Guess_Who View Post
    No, I'm not talking about the projectile tables itself nor the projectile_shot_type_enum; I'm talking about how to apply those projectiles as toggleable alternate shot in the gun_type_to_projectiles tables. I already made similar projectiles before, and it works when assigned individually to a gun; however it never worked if I assign more than one projectile to a gun_type. Can you send me your gun_type_to_projectile_tables?
    Remember that you can add to one gun different projectiles: link

I was asking if it would be possible the port NTW ship models to ETW. As far as I understood things they should have the same file type so this would not be the problem.
    Here you go: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3tcsufetuq...naval.zip?dl=0
    I cannot test it for you, so you'll have to edit and test it yourself. Tell me the results

Remember that you can add to one gun different projectiles: link
    Ah, you sent me the xml as well. Seems like I have to use the Assembly Kit alright. Gotta figure out how to make S2's BoB to convert and pack the right things and not entirely unrelated stuffs. I did try assigning land gun with more than one projectile with PFM; maybe it'll work on naval guns, or using BoB instead.

Okay, does anyone has an idea how to delete the color overlay to the ensign flag?
    Click to view content: 

EDIT: The faction_banner_flags colors controls the overlay color for the ensign flag.
    Last edited by izzi; January 26, 2018 at 09:09 PM.

madrush's Avatar Senator

good thing I did laundry, I do believe I soiled my boxers in amazement

Primergy's Avatar Protector of the Union

Grape and chain shot are still in Shogun2TW. Heck, many snippits of NTW data are inside S2TW
    Too bad that this does only work for naval battles. I never suceeded in adding the ntw shots to shogun land battles.

I'm really amazed by the breakthroughs regarding naval models though!

Quote Originally Posted by madrush View Post
    good thing I did laundry, I do believe I soiled my boxers in amazement
    Thanks man. Couldn't do it without You_Guess_Who.

Quote Originally Posted by Primergy View Post
    Too bad that this does only work for naval battles. I never suceeded in adding the ntw shots to shogun land battles.

I'm really amazed by the breakthroughs regarding naval models though!
    There are a lot of shots still available from ntw in s2tw. So, never say never.

Primergy's Avatar Protector of the Union

There are a lot of shots still available from ntw in s2tw. So, never say never.
    I tried every shot avaible, tried to use naval shot types, even made land cannons to naval cannons. In land battles we're stuck with the crappy "special shot" system (well, maybe you can find a loophole).

Fun fact. If you change naval cannons into land-cannon-types they are able to turn - this is quite buggy though.

Quote Originally Posted by Primergy View Post
    I tried every shot avaible, tried to use naval shot types, even made land cannons to naval cannons. In land battles we're stuck with the crappy "special shot" system (well, maybe you can find a loophole).

Fun fact. If you change naval cannons into land-cannon-types they are able to turn - this is quite buggy though.
    The problem is that a lot of things are hardcoded, even if they are in the S2TW data. For example the unit firing specialization (like platoon fire, mass fire, etc...) are in game, but it looks they are deactivated in the ui. It's quite a mess there. Also, you can add resources, but they will not appear on the campaign UI, because of the different UI layout. I am also looking to add the population per region to appear on the region UI (like in ETW/NTW), but for one way another, it's locked behind the UI layout. There is a component ui address, but i have never experimented with it. It is looking for the right address (in hex) for the component, just as it is for religion.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast