Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Imported ETW and NTW models_naval and Sail & Rigging logic into S2.

Default Re: Imported ETW and NTW models_naval and Sail & Rigging logic into S2.

Quote Originally Posted by Primergy View Post
    I tried every shot avaible, tried to use naval shot types, even made land cannons to naval cannons. In land battles we're stuck with the crappy "special shot" system (well, maybe you can find a loophole).

Fun fact. If you change naval cannons into land-cannon-types they are able to turn - this is quite buggy though.
    Oh, I faceslammed to this problem too on land guns.
    Not just "quite", its very buggy. It just rotates self, stuck, and won't fire except manually.

Quote Originally Posted by izzi View Post
    platoon fire, mass fire.
    You know, platoon fire and mass fire are still useable in S2, just not as toggleable firing drill, but as default firing drill. Fire and Advance button still appears, but the drill itself is totally broken in S2, they just march forward without firing.
    Last edited by You_Guess_Who; January 27, 2018 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by You_Guess_Who View Post
    Oh, I faceslammed to this problem too on land guns.
    Not just "quite", its very buggy. It just rotates self, stuck, and won't fire except manually.

You know, platoon fire and mass fire are still useable in S2, just not as toggleable firing drill, but as default firing drill. Fire and Advance button still appears, but the drill itself is totally broken in S2, they just march forward without firing.
    Fire and advance is working for me, but it's just to buggy (they do fire), the AI always uses fire and advance. So i left that out.
    The only thing that i ask myself is that the ensign flag uses the gravity and wind inside the engine. So, why can't we use than a battle flag that uses the same system as the naval flag that we can find as info in the logic.xml file?
    Last edited by izzi; January 27, 2018 at 03:20 PM.

Some updates about destruction:
    Click to view content: 
    Even if there is no destruction animation (ship sinking), some ships do sink or are half in water:
    Masts get destroyed (especially when using chain shots):
    Ships explode when completely destroyed (100% damage by hits):

Fun Fact: You can make ships that have no "magazine" damage model explodes by making them counted as steamship. I once made a RoTS ship designated as a steamship; making it explodes when destroyed by cannon fire or burnt till the overheated boiler explodes (it also make chugging noises when rowing).

Destruction animations are just for ships breaking in half or jump off the water when exploding. Ships without destruction animation just explode and sink in one piece without breaking. Sinking thresholds in unit_stats_naval determines the damage percentage the ship starts taking water. FoTS ships in general starts taking water at 50% damage, S2 and RoTS ships need much more damage (80 or 90%) to start sinking.

There seems to be missing texture for broken mast, it turn white when it breaks.

Fun Fact: You can make ships that have no "magazine" damage model explodes by making them counted as steamship. I once made a RoTS ship designated as a steamship; making it explodes when destroyed by cannon fire or burnt till the overheated boiler explodes (it also make chugging noises when rowing).

Destruction animations are just for ships breaking in half or jump off the water when exploding. Ships without destruction animation just explode and sink in one piece without breaking. Sinking thresholds in unit_stats_naval determines the damage percentage the ship starts taking water. FoTS ships in general starts taking water at 50% damage, S2 and RoTS ships need much more damage (80 or 90%) to start sinking.

There seems to be missing texture for broken mast, it turn white when it breaks.
    yeah i saw the animation. possibly based in the logic file.

Here is the link for all the raw data for importing (and customizing) a ship from ETW/NTW (3dsmax 2010 and 2013 model, XML files, pack file to test the brig ships in game,...).
    It gives you an idea how to import all the ships and how to customize them.
    Feel free for any questions. I am planning to do a basic tutorial about modding ships for FOTS (S2TW).

Would it be possible to use this method, or something similar, to add sails from a sengoku-era ship to one of the non-sailing sengoku ships? For example, from the Red Seal ship to the O-Ataka Bune?

Quote Originally Posted by bodvar View Post
    Would it be possible to use this method, or something similar, to add sails from a sengoku-era ship to one of the non-sailing sengoku ships? For example, from the Red Seal ship to the O-Ataka Bune?
    Yes, but those other sail-less ships don't have the damage model and collisionmodel for the rigging. FoTS ships even if they don't have sails, they do already have masts I can use as area for the sail's damage model.

In short, technically yes.

Yes, but those other sail-less ships don't have the damage model and collisionmodel for the rigging. FoTS ships even if they don't have sails, they do already have masts I can use as area for the sail's damage model.

In short, technically yes.
    Could the damage model and collision model be copied over from the other ship?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123