Thread: Imported ETW and NTW models_naval and Sail & Rigging logic into S2.

Default Imported ETW and NTW models_naval and Sail & Rigging logic into S2.

In here you can find models_naval of ETW and NTW which I've adapted and imported to S2. The models_naval of ETW and NTW are not exactly similar to S2, and such need a little bit of editing for those to be used in S2.
    Note that this resource only contains the models_naval and sail logics of the ship, and not the appearance model of the units, as I do not have the expertise in modelling to port them from their rigid_naval_models format to the rigid_model.v2 used in S2.
    Thus if you use it as-is, you'll only get invisible hulls.

To apply the models into the game, simply replace the ship model used in the units_stats_naval table.

If you're interested in using this resource, please give proper credit.

Some Screenshots
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

LINK:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/0qtsq973lc...naval.rar?dl=0

Default Re: Imported ETW and NTW models_naval and Sail & Rigging logic into S2.

RESERVED FOR FUNCTIONAL SAIL ADDITIONS FOR S2 AND FOTS SHIP PROJECT

I would give you rep but cannot as already did. Looking foward new ships for fots.

izzi's Avatar A true man hates no one

Nice work man. Have you fully tested all ships? Can you give me a an example file (unit_stats_naval), so i can test it? Just to see. I have been doing it a bit different with Tweak. I don't know if it will work, but i think yes. It looks that Tweak creates a new models_naval.pack, but not as models_naval, but as "name_of_ship_models_naval". So i think it is not necessary to have models_naval.pack, but only the custom one (i think). I am still working on it. As i was a bit busy the last few weeks.
    Knowledge + Understanding = Wisdom.

Quote Originally Posted by izzi View Post
    Nice work man. Have you fully tested all ships? Can you give me a an example file (unit_stats_naval), so i can test it? Just to see.
    I've PM'd you before I made this thread. It have link to the unit_stats_naval test mod. I have tested most of the ship representing all of the ship types, so I'd say all of it are OK.

izzi's Avatar A true man hates no one

Looks i got it to work:
    Click to view content: 

It's just beta. I still need to texture it. I know now how to import them.
    But it's perfect. Thanks for the files You_Guess_Who.
    Last edited by izzi; Yesterday at 09:35 PM.
    Knowledge + Understanding = Wisdom.

Great! Now I'll move to the next project. Hope you can help too for it.