Thread: Get all faction reforms within the first few turns - 2.3 compatible

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Get all faction reforms within the first few turns - 2.3 compatible

Do you want to play with those awesome late era units but don't want to wait hundreds of turns to get them? Lazy and don't want to deal with those pesky reform requirements? Well then this mod is for you! I went into the campaign script and did the exciting work of getting each faction's reforms (yes, all* of them) to fire within the first few turns of the game. This includes factions with multiple reforms, so for example with the Saka you will get the settlement, imperial, and domain reforms by turn 3 or so (sometimes the game likes to wait another turn or two for some reason).

I'm no expert in scripting knowledge so what I did for most of the factions is just find the AI conditions for the reforms, remove the scripting that limited it to AI-only, and set the reform to fire after turn 1. I left the rest of the reform scripting alone for the most part as I didn't want to inadvertently cause any problems. I tested each reform out and it fires correctly for each faction, giving you access to those coveted late units and factional buildings. You still have to build the required buildings and raise your culture up enough to fulfill any requirements so the rest of the gameplay is unaffected. One warning I will give for factions whose reforms change their culture: Expect a big public order penalty in your cities until you raise the new culture level up enough to mitigate it.

There are a few caveats to this:

- I set the Roman Marian reforms to fire at the totally arbitrary date of 150 turns in to prevent them from steamrolling everyone with Cohors Reformata at the beginning of the game as the Polybian units you get with the first reform are pretty good themselves. If you want to change this all you need to do is go into the script and change the number of turns for the reform to fire.

- I didn't mess with the Baktrian independence script as giving them the reform looks like it would prevent that script from firing and I didn't want to do that. If someone better at scripting than me knows how to give the Baktrians their kingship while still having the independence script run correctly let me know and I'll include it (let's pretend they are secretly building their factional governments while publicly claiming allegiance to the Seleucids). Oddly enough the Hayastan independence script still seems to run correctly even though I set their reforms to fire initially and the script looks like it's supposed to not run if they are independent.

- I didn't do anything with the Macedonian kingship reform as all you have to do is use the process_cq cheat to get it if you want it right way and the AI doesn't ever have it.

- I have fixed the Hellenistic Thureos and Thorakitai reforms so that they only fire once. Thanks for the heads up QuintusSertorious!

That's it. The link to download is below, I strongly recommend that you make a backup of your campaign_script.txt file before you overwrite it with this one in case you want to go back to vanilla.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/qhjx3ijw3bn9yha/campaign_script.txt

If the link doesn't work for some reason, just copy the link into your browser's address bar and it should work form there.
    Last edited by bob124; January 04, 2018 at 08:11 PM.

Default Re: Get all faction reforms within the first few turns - 2.3 compatible

If the Hellenistic reforms are firing every turn, it will mess up recruitment. Every reform-linked line will be zero'd each time it fires, meaning swathes of units will never be available to recruit.

This mod is so haram!

Yeah it sure is, only for people who want to play the mod in a totally non-historical way.

Thanks Quintus for the pointer, I was able to fix the issue.

Disregard this. Thank you for helping out the noobs like me.
    Last edited by Valerius.Aenaes; January 11, 2018 at 04:04 AM.

Halvar von Flake's Avatar Senator

*deleted*
    Last edited by Halvar von Flake; January 23, 2018 at 02:55 PM.

I'm guessing this will only work for new campaigns?

the download is broken. File is not available anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Bund weicher Birnen View Post
    the download is broken. File is not available anymore
    The file is still available, I just downloaded it. You have to follow his instructions if the direct link doesn't work (which it doesn't). See below.

Quote Originally Posted by bob124 View Post
    If the link doesn't work for some reason, just copy the link into your browser's address bar and it should work from there.