• 1600-1700

6 14.63%
  • 1450-1700

4 9.76%
  • 1800-1870

3 7.32%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Imperium Total War(Still in Develpment)

Metal.Pigeon's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Imperium Total War(Still in Develpment)

The Romans are a popular faction with a unique unit roster, so I'm all for including them. Would make for an intense campaign too.

I would suggest replacing Wales with Serbia or Bulgaria, though.

Mod leader of One Ruler on Earth | Unit modeler for Colonies & Empires

M.A.E's Avatar Miles

o
    Quote Originally Posted by Metal.Pigeon View Post
    The Romans are a popular faction with a unique unit roster, so I'm all for including them. Would make for an intense campaign too.

I would suggest replacing Wales with Serbia or Bulgaria, though.
    did you read the faction list ? it already contain moldava and serbia and wales has no existence at that time-period too
    I Came,I Saw I Partially Differentiate

Err...yes, there were only 27 factions when I posted that and Wales was the 27th.

In any case, I'm happy with it.

...When i saw the title for a brief moment i thought you was working on a FX Interactive's Total war version of their Imperium saga!...
    By the way i wish you good luck with the project!
    I voted 1500-1700

M.A.E's Avatar Miles

Err...yes, there were only 27 factions when I posted that and Wales was the 27th.

In any case, I'm happy with it.
    we have now over 30+ factions would we make a poll instead or just made factions that we could finish them first ?

Since the limit is 30 (31 including rebels), I'd personally put Norway and Denmark together under the Kalmar Union and remove Wales. Technically, Sweden was part of the Kalmar Union too, but they became more important as a separate entity in the 1600s so I'd prefer to keep them separate, but maybe as close allies. Not the best compromise, but what can you do with hardcoded limits, eh. That way, we can include all of the other proposed factions while not cutting out too much of what we already have.

M.A.E's Avatar Miles

Since the limit is 30 (31 including rebels), I'd personally put Norway and Denmark together under the Kalmar Union and remove Wales. Technically, Sweden was part of the Kalmar Union too, but they became more important as a separate entity in the 1600s so I'd prefer to keep them separate, but maybe as close allies. Not the best compromise, but what can you do with hardcoded limits, eh. That way, we can include all of the other proposed factions while not cutting out too much of what we already have.
    okay we will cut wales and combine norway+denemark as the Kalmar Union

M.A.E's Avatar Miles

Update :we have a new starting Date 1501Ad with new Faction list ,the aim of that is to make most of the time period from 1501-1700 A.D wih of course some unhistorically factions like Byzantium will be represented as Despotate of Morea(Greece) as a vassal of the Ottomans however all factions does come as historically as enough ...

Quote Originally Posted by M.A.E View Post
    Update :we have a new starting Date 1501Ad
    Mistake in my opinion, the late 15th century is too kewl to pass off.

Quote Originally Posted by M.A.E View Post
    of course some unhistorically factions like Byzantium will be represented as Despotate of Morea
    lmao you just can't give them up can you

M.A.E's Avatar Miles

@Mamlaz we Do have Byzantium royalist revolts in Morea between 1453-1460 roughly and Empire of Trapezoid to 1475 and theodara dominion lasts to 1480 too in Crimea however i have chosen morea to balance off the situation in the eastern Europe the mod must not be historically accurate and the mod will not be very subjected by History its more focused on living an alternate history with new era on the beloved normal map without America and t struggle to keep both diplomacy and the monarchy bloodline ,and the economics of course plays a vital rule if you can play an Italian faction with some scripts as if we stimulate trading on the far African coast or colonizing by the Iberian to new land it will be scripted to boast up the economy and sometimes extra slaves to works\return of armies ...etc don't me burn up the surprises !

KmanBEAST's Avatar Civis

Unless you wish for all Western European factions to start off Catholic, then I'd recommend starting after like the 1530s when Protestantism was accepted by the English, Dutch, Scandinavians, some Germans, etc.

That would also ensure you guys don't have to do an event in which factions convert to a different religion.

Or maybe you guys have no plans for having Protestantism instilled as a religion at all, in which case I'd say that kinda sucks cause from 1517-1648 all major European wars were pretty much religious in some way (after the Thirty Year's War ended in 1648, diplomacy went more towards balance of power and preventing one power from getting to strong rather than religion).

M.A.E's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by KmanBEAST View Post
    Unless you wish for all Western European factions to start off Catholic, then I'd recommend starting after like the 1530s when Protestantism was accepted by the English, Dutch, Scandinavians, some Germans, etc.

That would also ensure you guys don't have to do an event in which factions convert to a different religion.

Or maybe you guys have no plans for having Protestantism instilled as a religion at all, in which case I'd say that kinda sucks cause from 1517-1648 all major European wars were pretty much religious in some way (after the Thirty Year's War ended in 1648, diplomacy went more towards balance of power and preventing one power from getting to strong rather than religion).
    thats is good argument however do you know any mods that changes religions after a certain event ? if non is there then we will make a our minds at a better way?
    and make in mind that we are going to use the pope with the holy roman empire selection for the kaiser or emperor thus replacing too cardinals with the most predominant figures involved in the coronation ...etc and the pope will be scripted to be historically as possible to triggers some events may be the reformation and 30s' years war but as i always try to squeezes the best out of this era "Protestantism" would be in my options
    Last edited by M.A.E; May 01, 2018 at 06:30 AM.

My proposal for factions:

Romancatholics:

1-Kingdom of France
    2-Kingdom of England
    3-Kingdom of Castile (not Spain)
    4-Kalmar Union
    5-Papal States
    6-Kingdom of Poland and Lithuania
    7-Kingdom of Portugal
    8-Kingdom of Scotland
    10-Republic of Venice
    11-Kingdom of Aragon
    12-HRE
    13-Teutonic order
    14-Knights of Rhodes
    15-Kingdom of Hungary
    16-Kingdom of Cyprus

Orthodox:
    1-Eastern Roman Empire
    2-Despotate of Serbia
    3-Kingdom of Bosnia
    (although there was high % of romancatholics by that time)
    4-Grand Duchy of Novgorod
    (although u would need a script event of Muscovy rising and becoming new seat of Russian power)
    5-Grand Principality of Moldavia
    6-Kingdom of Georgia

Moslems:

1-Ottoman Empire
    2-Mamluks
    3-Emirate of Granada
    4-Marinids
    5-Hafisids
    6-Golden Horde
    7-Kara Konyunlu
    8-Kingdom of Mali

Now Timurids where not in control of Baghdad at 1453 Kara Konyunlu nomadic turkish tribe that organized as anti ottoman force control it so Timurids could be only represent either with baghdad if u want to to have for any cost or as emergent factions cuz by 1450 they were driven from middle east toward Iranian region. Sweden was part of Kalmar union as iceland and Finland region too.11-Kingdom of Naples (never existed in that year it entire southern Italy was Aragon domain)
    12-County of Flanders
    (Not even chance that they could become independet strong grip of France was in that year 1453)
    13-Duchy of Bavaria
    (strongly /probably at that year most loyal to HRE part of HRE not important until german civil wars in late 16 century)
    14-Duchy of Milan
    (semi independent realm inside HRE more likely most loyal HRE realm in Italy and biggest counter weight against more disloyal Duchy of Savoy which was same status Milan in that starting year but with ambition to unite Italy which will they do)
    15-Dutch Republic
    (strong part of HRE at starting year but in 1517 - 1525 strong disloyal region of HRE very hard to utilize into gameplay cuz real independece thay will achieve at 1588) main q is ho much they are relevent for finish mod
    16-Austrian Empire
    (more accurate is Habsurg Monarchy or Empire at 1526 so again hard to represent cuz in year 1453 they are hardest loyalist to HRE)
    17-Electorate of Saxony
    (loyalist of HRE)
    18-Duchy of Prussia
    (Teutonic Order is their predecessor which i include in proposal)

Map is rly good one that use for your mod and to incorporate more interested factions u should either move mod towards lets say 1600-1815 time frame where u gonna have ore defined factions or simply focus on period of reformations by representing some factions as HRE vassals and thru script events they become independent so lets say 1517-1648.

M.A.E's Avatar Miles

-Starting Date is roughly 1501-1500 A.D till now
    -not all factions is 100% historically accurate at the starting date bec the Aim of this mod is to feel as much as Diplomacy & struggle to Maintain Balances of Power by means of Variables like (Economy,Government type,Army centralization,Nobles,...)

-
    Quote Originally Posted by Shogun View Post

Romancatholics:

1-Kingdom of France (ok!)
    2-Kingdom of England(ok!)
    3-Kingdom of Castile (not Spain)( united with aragon,portugal,navarre after 1500+ under one crown and afterwards become more controlled by Habsburgs)
    4-Kalmar Union(ok!)
    5-Papal States(ok!)(notice may be removed or shadowed not yet considered it or only still there without the Pope faction options(elections used in HRE))
    6-Kingdom of Poland and Lithuania(ok!)
    7-Kingdom of Portugal(ok!)
    8-Kingdom of Scotland(ok!)
    10-Republic of Venice(ok!)
    11-Kingdom of Aragon(as above for castile)
    12-HRE(removed and replaced as a shadowed faction as the pope system)
    13-Teutonic order(prussian Duchy replaced it after the reformation thus it will start as say prussian dominion then trigerred into duchy afterwards and Hello the same Ruler does exist the same interval)
    14-Knights of Rhodes(what ?!)
    15-Kingdom of Hungary(ok!)
    16-Kingdom of Cyprus(ok!)
    Orthodox:
    1-Eastern Roman Empire
    2-Despotate of Serbia
    3-Kingdom of Bosnia (although there was high % of romancatholics by that time)
    4-Grand Duchy of Novgorod (although u would need a script event of Muscovy rising and becoming new seat of Russian power)
    5-Grand Principality of Moldavia
    6-Kingdom of Georgia
    MoslemsMuslims*)

1-Ottoman Empire(ok!)
    2-Mamluks(ok!)
    3-Emirate of Granada(already replaced my Morocco )
    4-Marinids (morocco is already there stuglling against iberia)
    5-Hafisids(maybe)
    6-Golden Horde(no map limits)
    7-Kara Konyunlu(i prefer the term rebels for them)
    8-Kingdom of Mali( maybe yes maybe no but whom will make the unique roster for them ?!)
    Now Timurids where not in control of Baghdad at 1453 Kara Konyunlu nomadic turkish tribe that organized as anti ottoman force control it so Timurids could be only represent either with baghdad if u want to to have for any cost or as emergent factions cuz by 1450 they were driven from middle east toward Iranian region. Sweden was part of Kalmar union as iceland and Finland region too.11-Kingdom of Naples (never existed in that year it entire southern Italy was Aragon domain)
    12-County of Flanders
    (Not even chance that they could become independet strong grip of France was in that year 1453)
    13-Duchy of Bavaria
    (strongly /probably at that year most loyal to HRE part of HRE not important until german civil wars in late 16 century)
    14-Duchy of Milan
    (semi independent realm inside HRE more likely most loyal HRE realm in Italy and biggest counter weight against more disloyal Duchy of Savoy which was same status Milan in that starting year but with ambition to unite Italy which will they do)
    15-Dutch Republic
    (strong part of HRE at starting year but in 1517 - 1525 strong disloyal region of HRE very hard to utilize into gameplay cuz real independece thay will achieve at 1588) main q is ho much they are relevent for finish mod
    16-Austrian Empire
    (more accurate is Habsurg Monarchy or Empire at 1526 so again hard to represent cuz in year 1453 they are hardest loyalist to HRE)
    17-Electorate of Saxony
    (loyalist of HRE)
    18-Duchy of Prussia
    (Teutonic Order is their predecessor which i include in proposal)
    The balance of power is the trigger here thus we cant argue on this but does naples exist in 1500+ or not hmmm ?

Map is rly good one that use for your mod and to incorporate more interested factions u should either move mod towards lets say 1600-1815 time frame where u gonna have ore defined factions or simply focus on period of reformations by representing some factions as HRE vassals and thru script events they become independent so lets say 1517-1648.
    the map is still debatable .. the time frame also is debatable

P.S:
    I see you are spending time to Discuss the mod details how about helping the team as historian(show me you id plz ) or DB and maybe do some Art too ?

First of all i want to change my mistake telling that County of Flanders was in 1453 under France it was under HRE control.

@M.A.E

-Starting Date is roughly 1501-1500 A.D till now

I didnt know that i was reffering on first page whenu said 1453 is starting. My mistake sry.

-not all factions is 100% historically accurate at the starting date bec the Aim of this mod is to feel as much as Diplomacy & struggle to Maintain Balances of Power by means of Variables like (Economy,Government type,Army centralization,Nobles,...)

Well interesting point of view but can this be implemented in gameplay? U see thats why i said its much hard to represent time frame of 16 century simply cuz many small fiefdoms were independet inside HRE and around europe so real hard to represent correctly.

the map is still debatable .. the time frame also is debatable

Ithink map that u provided is rly good one and thtat u should use it for your mod. Unless u wanna focus more on problems around HRE that ofc map is more arguable and it should be more concentrated toward western europe.

The balance of power is the trigger here thus we cant argue on this but does naples exist in 1500+ or not hmmm ?

Kingdom of Naples were ruled by House of Trastamara they were cadet branch of kingdom of Aragon (1458-1501). Although so called independent in many ways they were under Aragon main rule. Between 1501-1504 they become part of Kingdom of France but after Charles V invaded and waged the war against France they will become part of Spanish Empire (1504-1714). So in best case scenario starting year Naples should be rebel territory or already part of Kingdom of Spain.

( united with aragon,portugal,navarre after 1500+ under one crown and afterwards become more controlled by Habsburgs)

They were ever united with Portugal. Habsburgs were cadet branch of main Spanish Royal family.Navare were not united with spain they were conqured by spain in late 16 century. they royal family was close related to France from which Francis I will become French King.

(prussian Duchy replaced it after the reformation thus it will start as say prussian dominion then trigerred into duchy afterwards and Hello the same Ruler does exist the same interval)

Duchy of Prussia had establishment of its territory from 1522-1618/1701. Main problem is that they were vassals of Poland from 1522-1701. They will become Kingdom of Prussia and independent in 1701 not before. So its exotic to represent as faction. Although u could have them as vassal faction of Poland.

(notice may be removed or shadowed not yet considered it or only still there without the Pope faction options(elections used in HRE))

Well they were independent so IMHO they should stay as Faction.

7-Kara Konyunlu(i prefer the term rebels for them)

well they were absolutley independet and they can be your balance of power of turkish expansion into middle east. IMHO they should be represented.

6-Golden Horde(no map limits)

The map u using they already controled voronezh so they should be represented as faction against rising power of Muscovy and event script of Tsardom of russia in year 1547 will be perfect to represent historical accuracy.

Now as i said this truly tricky period of time that u want to cover by your mod and it can be sometimes represent quite wrongly or hard to in game. Thats why is better to avoid time frames with too much cluster factions.

If u start mod in year 1500 AD faction list should be like this (IMHO proposal):

Roman Catcholic:

1.england
    2.scotland
    3.france
    4.spain
    5.kalmar union
    6.Kingdom of Portugal
    7.Kingdom of Poland and Lithuania
    8.Republic of Venice
    9.Kingdom of Hungary
    10.Knights of Rhodes - Knights of Malta as many known them with Venice and Genoa were main conterstor against turks for control of eastern medditerrain.
    11.Kingdom of Navare
    12.Livonian Confederacy
    13.Swiss Confederacy
    14.HRE
    15.papal states

Orthodox:

1.Principality of Moldavia
    2.Grand Duchy of Muscovy

Now here we have also Principality of Ryazan but they will be overrulled by Muscovy by 1521 so not to much relevant to end of map. Despotate of Serbia in Exile was Hungarian established vassal state on border with Ottomans it will be overrunned by turks in 1538 similar status as duchy of Prussia in Polish Commonwealth.

Muslims:

1.ottoman empire
    2.ak-konyunlu
    3.Mamluks
    4.Golden Horde
    5.kingdom of mali
    6.wattasid sultanate (morocco)
    7.hafsid sultanate by this year were controling tunisia only.
    8.Shirvan Sultanate caucausian islamic kingdom (i think your map catches area of Terek and Azerbaidjan.

So this is like 25 factions plus rebels that is 26 u have at least 5 more option to implement to mod.
    Last edited by Shogun; May 03, 2018 at 04:43 AM.

For more close inspection here is one map of europe 1500

http://i.imgur.com/Z2prPy3.jpg

And one more made by ppl from friendly RDDT community historians quite accurate one. U could use it as reffenrece for your additonal factions:

http://i.imgur.com/QyHEyeJ.png

this docu file of nation for second map again there is few mistakes like Brittany (cause Brittany was independent realm until 1543 when they will be conqurered by french and small others.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MPseyPmMGwahS_Bf2ldkTf8piAIPDsju0SXmW7yXxLk/edit#gid=0

M.A.E's Avatar Miles

@shogun
    can you please further in our Discord Here :
    we are more active there
    Last edited by M.A.E; May 04, 2018 at 03:43 PM.

any progress?

For those 5 factions additional on my faction proposal u could add: Duchy of Austria, Union of Utrecht, Duchy of Brandenburg, Rhine Palatinate and Bohemia all as vassals of HRE. And then u can easily manouver event scripts that will represent reformation wars.
    And in italy u could make small garrisons in Milan and Genoa for HRE so it can be easily overrun by Spain and France so close to historical accuracy.

M.A.E's Avatar Miles

any progress?

For those 5 factions additional on my faction proposal u could add: Duchy of Austria, Union of Utrecht, Duchy of Brandenburg, Rhine Palatinate and Bohemia all as vassals of HRE. And then u can easily manouver event scripts that will represent reformation wars.
    And in italy u could make small garrisons in Milan and Genoa for HRE so it can be easily overrun by Spain and France so close to historical accuracy.
    Well Good news we have a base foldered mod up and running ,but bad news is that mod is in very very bad testing condition for now ,but Guess what its 1648 Mod

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast